Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mozilla's Thunderbird  (Read 1836 times)

BJ

Mozilla's Thunderbird
« on: December 30, 2008, 04:52:57 pm »

Anyone any experience of Mozilla's Thunderbird for emails instead of Outlook Express?
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

When changing ISP's the new ISP's customer helpdesk people said Mozilla's FireFox was better than Internet Explorer (safer and less memory hungry) - so far that seems to be true.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Mozilla's Thunderbird
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 05:53:10 pm »

Yes - been using Thunderbird for quite a while now. I used to use Outlook (not Express) when I needed the Calendar/Diary function. Can't really say I've noticed any difference with Thunderbird. Firefox has got so its very slow to start first time, but I usually use that, although its from habit as I find Google's Chrome to be much quicker. I only ever use IE for those sites that don't work properly in Firefox.

Barrie

BJ

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 07:46:36 pm »

Firefox has got so its very slow to start first time,  I find Google's Chrome to be much quicker.
Barrie

Two interesting quotes there, Barrie  :o. Think that I might stay with OE (my ISP's Yahoo mail seems to be very limited in comparision to OE). Thanks :}

catengineman

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 08:58:39 pm »

I was on OE and even tried to use FF but it crashed several times on me did try Goggle chrome and it may be just me and the way I abuse things but never had much luck with the alternatives I am now running a new system with "vista" and I now use Windows Live Mail so far no problems.

R,

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 09:27:05 am »

Firefox has got so its very slow to start first time,  I find Google's Chrome to be much quicker.
Barrie

Two interesting quotes there, Barrie  :o. Think that I might stay with OE (my ISP's Yahoo mail seems to be very limited in comparision to OE). Thanks :}

BJ - the quote refers to the browser Firefox - Thunderbird starts 'instantly'. You don't need to run FF to run Thunderbird.

Barrie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.