Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New RN Carriers  (Read 2609 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
New RN Carriers
« on: December 31, 2008, 06:13:32 pm »

I have a feeling that not many of "you lot" out there are Daily Mail readers, but the Dec 28th issue in their "Live" supplement has an excellent and well written article about the proposed new carriers. I would love to post this but would I be prosecuted if I did? BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

The long Build

Re: New RN Carriers
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 06:22:06 pm »

However a link to the article, or at least what I think is the article as I did not get the mail that weekend, is fine

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1100714/The-4billion-Airfix-Kit-Behind-scenes-Britains-biggest-warships.html

The long Build

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 06:27:08 pm »

"The Russians have one of their big carriers, the Admiral Kuznetsov, back at sea and have stated that they plan to build 12 carrier battle groups. The Chinese and the Indians are also under way with plans, the Japanese are building a destroyer that will act as a helicopter carrier and the US are working on new-generation carriers."

Is there something going on we need to know about !!   why do the Russians need 12 carrier battle groups , thought they had no money !!

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 06:30:45 pm »

However a link to the article, or at least what I think is the article as I did not get the mail that weekend, is fine

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1100714/The-4billion-Airfix-Kit-Behind-scenes-Britains-biggest-warships.html
Thank you...I never thought of going down that path. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 06:41:12 pm »

The Russians are waking up to the power they actually wield.
They can turn their gas of to Europe and have vast Oil Reserves.
They are flexing their military muscles as in Georgia.
Putin wants Russia to be taken seriously as a world superpower again and with their economic might growing they just might!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 06:57:27 pm »

The Russians are waking up to the power they actually wield.
They can turn their gas of to Europe and have vast Oil Reserves.
They are flexing their military muscles as in Georgia.
Putin wants Russia to be taken seriously as a world superpower again and with their economic might growing they just might!!

Bob

They have warned the Ukraine to sign a new deal by midnight tonight or they will shut off thier gas supply

farrow

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:43:34 pm »

The only question I ask is can this country afford the running cost of these carriers and all that goes with them, not the build cost that is only a tiny fraction of their real cost to the exchequer. Also can we man them, as I believe their is already a manning crises in the RN now, but then as now I suppose they will operate as one in reserve/refit and one operational!.
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.