Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lets get something Straight Here.  (Read 2563 times)

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
Lets get something Straight Here.
« on: January 02, 2009, 03:27:21 pm »

Martin / Bob

I have been a member of this Forum since day one & would ask that you do not delete this post, I feel that this needs straightening out before things get out of hand.

I have been infomed by the moderatorts that apparently I've upset people on here within my Vanguard build thread & my offer to supply WTC should anybody want one.

I've searched the Forum, but cant find any postings, but for the record & to put things straight here's where I am with this.

I have personally owned 3 Sheerline Submarines & recommended them as the best out of the box system to countless other modellers, I am a member of the same club as Chris. The opinions I have with regard to certain aspects of the Sheerline system are simply that, an opinion, I have prefered to do it my way when building my own gear from scratch & some of these modifications  made to my kits (Battery Placement for example) were made after talikng to him.

As we are all well aware, there are loads of people building loads of boats, fittings, WTCs etc all to similar design, Ron Perrot's Tank design has been copied, OTW's design is variation on a theme, even the WTC fitted in the Ohio that is for Sale on here is a copy of Chris's system - & he's selling it!

With regard to me trying to undermine his business - this would be laughable if it wasn't for the mind set of certain morons on here.
My offer was for anybody who had projects on the go which may be to small for a Sheerline module - just about any WWII or Plastic kit for example.

I have no wish to go into competition, undermine or make money on the back of somebody else's hard work.

If any of you still have issues you're not clear on pm me.

Keyboard warriors, the blight of Forums everywhere

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Lets get something Straight Here.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:22:55 pm »

At no point have I offered to make anybody a copy of anybody elses units - I have better principals than that.
It is a fact that I have in the past made EMPTY WTCs for several members of NMBC & it was fellow members who made the suggestion - Paul Cook featured a unit I made for the Revell Gato in an article he did for MME last year.

I had an opinion on certain areas of a system's design that were not suited to my projects & as is my right I aired them in an open way to give like minded modellers another perspective & possible option if they felt the same way - is that not the aim of an open forum?

With regard to the pinch valve system for regulating water flow / release from the ballast tank, I have seen this design on US websites & Forums going back years, I have used my own experiences with several ballast systems to had to fabricate one for my model - I also installed a water pump obtained from my local auto shop - does this also infringe on the anybodies designs? of course not.

If I've offended anybody in any way, then I apologise.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 06:06:19 pm »

Ok stand easy men! I deliberately did not post anything on this open forum as I have no intention of starting any wars or impacting this site in any negative sense. It would appear something of the alleged dispute has now spilled onto the airwaves. To end all the conjecture and speculation, let me say that none of you are party to conversation between myself and any other as we pm one another and will resolve 'the situation' between us in a gentlemanly fashion. I suggest that everyone forget this as I personally will not respond to any comments or questions regarding any alleged dispute.
Chris  

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 06:10:10 pm »

Finally, we agree!

Chris I will sort this with you - off Forum via email or if you like give me a call.

Regards

Paul

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 06:13:35 pm »

Topic Now Locked
Officially a GOG.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.