Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.4 meg question  (Read 7299 times)

OMK

Re: 2.4 meg question
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 11:10:42 pm »

Hey! I didn't say idiot -- that was the work of the forum police. I said lucky b u g g e r.

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 11:46:50 pm »

Hi Dave,

You have a thing for lava rocks, did enough mountain climbing around there, so we figured we'd just stroll done the sand dunes and swill cheap Spanish beer. Any brands you could recommend? My Spanish extends to 'si Mr. Faulty no home!', guess I'll wing it with the spanish we used on drunken leave in Tijuana, Deux Crevajas puer pue vore!
Thanks for the info on the Hitec plugs or filing. I'll ring you when the pond thaws.
Cheers,
Robert

tomocj

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 04:21:27 pm »

Spectrum Rx's are considerably cheaper than Futaba ,that was the deciding factor for me used Spectrum Dx6i in Boat, Aero and a Rockcrawler truck all work very well.like someone mentioned on here you can buy a new set for the price of a Futaba Rx why bother ?Chris

tomocj

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 01:15:49 pm »

Further to my last post this thread.Spectrum have issued a recall for certain DX6i radios in the uk.see BMFA website for details.
mine was delivered Saturday ,sent back rather not risk it.Chris

wideawake

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 02:02:44 pm »

I've just had a look at the Horizon webite.  The info is here http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroonline/knews/karticles/k17dx6ibulletin/k17dx6ibulletin.html

Basically it's not a 2.4GHz technology problem but seems to be a batch of possibly duff joystick pots causing erratic servo movement  on the affected channel.    Not all TXs have a problem.  There's a list of TX serial numbers which may have a duff pot or pots and instructions on how to check.

HTH

Guy

Tom@Crewe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 05:12:03 pm »

wideawake

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009, 05:45:21 pm »

What about this?

http://www.modelshack.com/acatalog/Twister_Radio_sets.html#a154

Looks good value on the face of it.  From the limited info on that site and another one it's basically a non-programmable TX very much like a basic 40MHz set at a similar price.    This is the direction I'd expect things to go.   2.4GHz technology is established now and as with most electronic stuff based on "chips" prices fall exponentially with take-up.

I couldn't find any reference to which of the 2.4GHz technologies this Tx/RX uses.

Guy

gyronuts

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2009, 06:09:19 pm »

I have the DX7 Spektrum and am most impressed with it. No more aerials to break!!!Bill

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 06:45:45 pm »

.....mode 2 Spectrum DSM 5e works great!

RolandGeron

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 06:14:11 pm »

I agree to craftysod spectrum has no problem, i already used this.

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.