Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: HISTORY OR PC LUNACY  (Read 29841 times)

regiment

Re: HISTORY OR PC LUNACY
« on: January 11, 2009, 01:00:16 pm »

prince harry in trouble again happend three years ago  news of the world digging up rubbish  once again. leave him alone i heard more than that when i was a service man  regiment

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: pakistan
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 01:03:06 pm »

Prince's racist term sparks anger
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7822883.stm

Bob

Officially a GOG.

Roger in France

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 01:08:33 pm »

Are the press on an "anti-Royal" witch hunt again? Two days ago it was Edward beating his dog, now it's Harry and platoon chatter?

I am a republican, through and through but eradicating the monarchy is not achieved this way.

Now....that should set some hares running.

Roger in France (.....a republic).

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 01:43:30 pm »

Is it me or does it seem that the spokesperson's for these so called race relations groups take things out off all proportion in order to push forward their own little sound bite and enhance the personal reputations, which only serves to force a bigger wedge between racial groups. They'd probably say he was still racist if he had referred to his chum as a "little Pakistani Friend" but if he had of said his "little Indian Friend"  that would have really insulted the guy. Can it not only be taken as natural to abbreviate the word "Pakistan" without jumping to sinister conclusions during a light hearted, friendly banter, as we British often do when referring to people from other areas of our small island. Could have been worse, at least he's not a macum.
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 01:48:17 pm »

Or a Limey or a Pomme
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Reade Models

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 01:53:00 pm »

Is it me or does it seem that the spokesperson's for these so called race relations groups take things out off all proportion in order to push forward their own little sound bite and enhance the personal reputations

I too saw this individual on the BBC News.

I just deleted what I was about to post - I'd probably be arrested, let alone moderated....

Malc

The long Build

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 01:53:25 pm »

not to forget Yank,  It would be intersting to see the comment from the person who was called the alleged name to see their reaction.. Utter pc Tosh..

regiment

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 02:01:14 pm »

are the aussies racist when thay call us poms  or when we call the french froggies or the germans jerries   remember the old saying names cannot hurt me  regiment

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 02:15:40 pm »

if the PC lot had their way the

we couldnt call a german a "Kraut"
a french person a "frog"
a japanese person a "nip"
an american a "yank"

a police officer a "pig", "copper" or as a force in general "the fuzz" "the rozzers"

calling a pakistani a "'foreign'" is no worse than a British person a "brit" 'foreign' - short for PAKIstan, what has made it racist is the Indians, as India and Pakistan, politically at least, don't get along well and its the Indian's who get upset, not the Pakistani's

it gets bad when they have had to change Snow white and the 7 dwarves because it may offend the vertically challenged, (bloomin short **** gits! : {-)) and in Thomas the tank, the fat controller is no more, and as for captain pugwash, well lets not even go down there.

other examples of silly pc crap. 
Blackboards are now chalk boards, because it may offend people who are of colored skin
disabled are now mobility challenged
removal of a cross in a crematoria because it may offend non christians
removal of bibles from a hospital because it may offend non christians
you can't even call someone "bald", they're folically challenged
the blind are "sight challenged"

when will it end?
and one for the record of history

Guy Gibson called his Black labrador dog "Ni99er" and that word was used as the codeword for the dam breach on the dam buster raids. 
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

nhp651

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 02:26:09 pm »

"but eradicating the monarchy is not achieved this way."
ehh...and we all know what the french did to eradicate their monarchy.......lol {-) {-) {-)

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 02:26:39 pm »

le guillotene :)

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 03:11:59 pm »

...the circle's complete though. After a thorough check through endless dictionaries, my work's "disability services" (dealing out hardware and software to those who need big font keyboards, screenreaders, etc.) have returned to: "Disability Services".

Since it does what it says on the tin.

Andy #1963#
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 03:15:55 pm »

Ghost, as far as i am aware 'Brit' has never been used as a derogatory term. Not even by Rupert Murdoch.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Garabaldy

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 03:46:12 pm »

I have heard a blackboard being refered to as a "dry erase board" in the states

omra85

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 03:56:03 pm »

I think Ghost was trying to point out that referring to a persons home or origin should not be called as racist (ie. 'foreign')
If that were the case then references to Geordies, Scousers, Cockneys and Brums would also be derogatory (to some I suppose they are  %) :} )

Garabaldy - a dry-wipe board is white or cream and is written on with dry-wipe pens which, once dry can be erased with a dry-wipe eraser, unlike a "chalk board" which is black or green and is written on with chalk (surprise, surprise)  :-))

Danny

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 04:05:59 pm »

I think Ghost was trying to point out that referring to a persons home or origin should not be called as racist (ie. 'foreign')
If that were the case then references to Geordies, Scousers, Cockneys and Brums would also be derogatory (to some I suppose they are  %) :} )

that was EXACTLY my point :)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 04:07:40 pm »

i

Do you know I always thought I was disabled I hadn't realized it was a competition. {:-{

omra85

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 04:36:09 pm »

No Dicky - you're DISTURBED and you have NO competition  %% %% :P

Danny

andygh

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 05:05:19 pm »

and as for captain pugwash, well lets not even go down there

http://www.everythingyouknowisalie.co.uk/urbanmyth/files/6554ea6b9b2f582f00c1973efd267fad-34.html

Stavros

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 05:42:48 pm »

Oh bloomin heck does this mean I have got to rename the rescue boat as it's called PUGWASH just to politically correct,what has this world we live in got to.One is so afraid these days of even opening ones mouth incase we offend someone.The joke is that I have quite a few ethnic friends and one of them even calls himself a Packi,but was chastised in the street the other day in Caernarfon by a Copper for calling himself one,what has this world come to,it is like big brother is watch you.

Stavros

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 05:54:50 pm »

One wonders if the chap in question would flinch at being called Ginger (would that be treason?), or if the opprobrium of the world's press would descent upon the head of the unworthy who dared mention the G word.
It amounts to about the same thing in its degree of offensiveness - or would that be "offensivity" these days?
Personally I don't give a rat's armpit what HRH Prince Henry says in public or  in private - but I would  like to see a photo of him printed next to one of James Hewitt.......  %)

FLJ

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 05:56:18 pm »

No Dicky - you're DISTURBED and you have NO competition  %% %% :P

Danny

Now if you really want to try to insult me Danny you could call me a disabled, fat, short sighted, slightly balding, wrinkley Pom who is also a GOG. It wont work though, its pretty accurate.

By the way, a Jet powered Bluebird would be no good to you, as it would mean you'll still lose those races, but at twice the speed. :}

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 06:07:31 pm »

get this:

when the hospital removed its bibles "because it may offend muslims"

the act of removing them acually offended the local muslim leader. to solve this, keel haul every pc brigade member!

Roger in France

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 06:09:16 pm »

FLJ,

Shall I hold the door to the Tower for you or the other way around?

Roger in France

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 06:12:58 pm »

stavros,

by the fact you mention your ethnic frend was hauled up by a copper for calling himself a 'foreign' says to me that the copper was implying "dont be proud of the fact that you are pakistani" - that is in everyway offensive.

thats how I read it, I, as is so often, may be wrong
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.