Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New US Travel Rules... 1984++++++  (Read 5131 times)

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New US Travel Rules... 1984++++++
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 03:20:59 pm »

well returning from holland in 04 and America in 06, i have yet to get though manchester quicker than Atlanta! though Off topic, Michael palin went into China on his around the world in 80 days trip in less than 1 hour.

As far as I am concerned the biggest pain about flying to the USA is having to be at the airport 3 hours before take time  >:-o. The time taken to go through immigration on landing is USA is insignificant compared to this. Will the new system change things???

thats normal, they have to scan and load stuff onto the plane so they can calculate things like how many meals they need and how much avgas they need in the jet to get the best gas milage. 

I had a 3 hour wait when going from UK to the netherlands and that was a 45 seat puddle jumper and not a 200 odd seat 767.  whether you are going from london to glasgow, london to Atlanta, or london to sydney, the 3hr check in is normal, that will never change
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 04:16:46 pm »

Never reported at 3 hours for any flight never mind USA (last travelled Sept 08 to Denver on the day of Obama's acceptance shindig).

By the by Ghost Avgas is for piston aircraft and pretty dodgy stuff what your jet uses is Avtur.

Chers

Doug
Don't Assume Check

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 05:06:56 pm »

avgas / avtur, to me doesnt matter, it burns in the engine and goes in a plane's wing for storage!!
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 06:48:50 pm »

well set a new record at heathrow last Monday from check in to gate 12 min oh yer. So that was 40 min from parking the car to being on the plane. Can be doing with this waiting stuff.

john
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.