Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help to identify daughters new yacht,and other questions.  (Read 2285 times)

Euan Galloway

Help to identify daughters new yacht,and other questions.
« on: January 20, 2009, 02:03:53 pm »

Hello,
             I have just bought a one metre yacht for my daughter to sail,i was wondering if any one could tell me more about the model? it has the sail number K58 and a signature and date of 1993.It only came with two sets of sails and masts as the previous owner had them stolen from his local club,he like myself are aircraft flyers ,so he also does not have any more details for me.The boat has a Andrews sail winch<Dave is a family friend>so that should be no problem getting it serviced.Can i ask are all one metre sails the same type of fittings? do i need a larger mast for the missing no1 suit?,Has anyone heard of silver sails as this is the name on the ones supplied?.I took the yacht out and it goes really well Katie who is 5 did really well as it was a wee bit quicker than her other yacht.I think Dad need to spend more time testing it for her?
                       hope someone can answer my questions cheers Euan.
ps should you ever paint a yacht for a girl,don,t use a really nice shade of royal blue ,as she will not use it ,forcing you to spend even more on a bright red one,lol see E bay for a rather nice Graupner Collie in BLUE.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Help to identify daughters new yacht,and other questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 02:24:34 pm »

looks like a nice boat.

As an aside on colour.

I once bought a Suzuki GS 550 bike. The previous owner had painted it pink, shocking pink, and a Pink Panther Logo.
I bought the bike anyway, with a view to a repaint.

To cut a long story short, the bike was a babe magnet. Girls would come up to me to chat about the colour, 'better than the macho black' was the usual comment. And I was never short of female company.

So don't be afraind to paint the boat pink.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Euan Galloway

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:30:10 pm »

Thanks , i have in the past built her a rather natty bright pink makara offshore petrol boat,it sold to a large Bloke ,who also stated that he got pleny of positive feedback from the ladies,Pink could be the shade of 08????,red will suffice as pink overspray all over the workshop is such a mess Lol.
                                                       cheers Euan.

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 02:31:26 pm »

Euan,
That looks very like a widget designed and built by Housemartin sails: http://www.housemartinsails.co.uk/

If it is you have a superb hull, I used to race one a while ago, they are good.

Yes, you do need another mast for the no. 1 rig, contact housemartin and he will give you all the info you may need.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Euan Galloway

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 02:34:02 pm »

Ian ,
          Thanks for the info,
                   cheers Euan.

dave301bounty

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 08:21:30 pm »

It is one of housemartins,, he is a great fella ,he is on the web ,i had two sets made up last year ,and he is very reasonable ,,will help you with anything ,.  and he is very modest too ,a world champ at sailin,.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.