Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RTR boat...?  (Read 10659 times)

das boot

Re: RTR boat...?
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 07:24:27 pm »

One I have found good is the ZigZag racer by Hobbyzone, RTR BUT uses proper crystals. Barry over at Mainly Models does them for £25

Before Bill says anything mine doesn't work anymore because... well.... I kind of filled it with water by hitting a rather large submerged log. Then got even more water in it due to the rescue attempt. But we won't go into that...

Doesn't have a proper servo however, just a motor with some gearing, but appears to be perfectly functionable

Never heard of that one Andy...do you have a link to it by any chance?

Rich

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 07:25:22 pm »

Those bat things look frightening! I've had a good old sniff round on the 'net and found the MFA Piranha2, that looks like a quick and easy build to keep me on the water until the 'rigger is sorted out. What do you think of the Piranha2...any good?
Rich

I built one of those ages ago...  http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/My_models/01%20piranha.htm
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

andyn

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 07:31:06 pm »

I do indeed  :-)

This is the shiney new 3 version, I have the 2

This one has a proper esc too, the one I have was all on one board. It also has a proper servo. Having said this mine went like the clappers for a boat that's only 15" long, and turned almost on the spot.

Mine came with me to Germany in 2007 and had runs just about every day while I was there, and never missed a beat the whole 2 weeks.

http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_boats_hobbyzone_zig_zag_racer_3.htm

das boot

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 07:34:29 pm »

Martin...thanks for that, enjoyable reading.  :-))

Andy...thank you too for your link, I'll be away to have a look at that right away.  :-))

Rich

john54

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 07:45:57 pm »

I was going to buy that rigger (when for sale on here) Then had big vets bill. Oh well first things first!

andyn

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 07:56:42 pm »

Then had big vets bill.

Didn't have your gonads taken off did you john?

das boot

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 08:08:04 pm »

I was going to buy that rigger (when for sale on here) Then had big vets bill. Oh well first things first!

I apologise to you John, for beating you to it, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it and getting on the water, it's going so different to running a submarine (or I hope it will...) Sorry to hear about the vet bill too, that can get expensive. We had a bill for our African Grey of over £300 years ago, and that was just for five injections. I dread to think what it would be now.

Andy...I'm sorry sir, but that boat is about the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time, it looks like a beetle! Humble apologies (and bowing to your superior knowledge of all things that travel on the water rather than under it), but I really do think it's not my scene at all. I thank you anyway...(cap in hand, knuckling of forelock and waking backwards under the door....)

Rich

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 08:14:55 pm »

I'm with you Rich.
Demented egg whisk. Or bumble bee on heat. take your pick.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

andyn

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 08:18:01 pm »

I admit it ain't the prettiest of things, but a submarine is essentially a long hard tube full of seamen {-)

I believe when I sailed mine it was reffered to by everyone as a floating iron...

john54

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 08:20:37 pm »

No but i had my 4th toe right foot removed last monday  >:-o but the dogs o.k now shame i cant walk him yet  :((

das boot

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 08:26:45 pm »

I'm with you Rich.
Demented egg whisk. Or bumble bee on heat. take your pick.

A bumble bee on heat, eh? That's got to be one for Harry Hill...

I admit it ain't the prettiest of things, but a submarine is essentially a long hard tube full of seamen {-)

I believe when I sailed mine it was reffered to by everyone as a floating iron...

err...are we discussing the same things here? My subs are full of...oh, never mind, there's a mod about!

No but i had my 4th toe right foot removed last monday  >:-o but the dogs o.k now shame i cant walk him yet  :((

One word covers THAT...ouch!!

Rich

beerbelly

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 05:00:48 pm »

whats the best RTR to get as an bigginner i.e make and models ?

cheers wayne
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.