Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Woodbridge Wizard  (Read 1820 times)

g7tmu

• Full Mayhemer
Woodbridge Wizard
« on: January 21, 2009, 05:03:41 pm »

Hi All

Just checking to see whether anyone else has tried building a Woodbridge Wizard 36r yacht, as per the article in March 2008's MMI magazine?

Mine is coming along somewhat slowly, although the hull is now finished with sail and steering servo installed. I still have all the rig to fit, which will be an IOM no.2 rig.

I would have built an IOM except for the fact that I am unlikely to want to race it, as I still race 1:1 scale offshore yachts, plus I can't get an IOM in my Mini Cooper without de-rigging it. I currently sail RG65's, but it will be good to try something a bit bigger.

Victor

isisagoodun

Re: Woodbridge Wizard
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 08:24:22 pm »

FYI, most IOM's are de-rigged for transport as the rigs are best stored in a rig box. As for not fitting in a MINI, we have a member of our club who travels with his IOM and rig box in a 'SMART' car which is a wee bit smaller than a MINI. A properly set up IOM can be rigged ready to sail in a matter of two to three minutes.  The top racing people set up all three rigs so that they can change out to smaller or bigger rigs in a matter of two minutes or less.

Cheers

Ralph
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 21 queries.