Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: THUNDER TIGER LOBMASTER RTR  (Read 17742 times)

tolnedra

• Full Mayhemer
Re: THUNDER TIGER LOBMASTER RTR
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 06:08:04 pm »

Now come along Smudge, leaving harbour at that speed, you'll have the Harbourmaster after you for sure! >>:-( All very well for you fine-weather types, where were you in the morning, when it was cold!!!? Oops. sorry, forgot you were FAA! {-)

Danny

swordfish fairey

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 11:11:39 am »

Please, no wafu V fishead rivalry on this site Danny, you should know the score. Poor wafu's up on the flight deck in ALL weathers, fisheads all battened down in their sacks, and don't mention Sunday routine. ;D...........ROMFT. ;D..........Smudge. :-))

ixion

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 05:33:42 pm »

Great review which made me go out and buy one of these boats from my local model shop for £110. This is my first dabble with boats and I am really pleased with what you get for the money.

The mod you mention below (the switch) seems very sensible, can you elaborate on how you did it for a thicko like me please?

fitted a on/off switch under one of the hatches so i dont have to undo all the riging to remove the deck to switch on at the pond side

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 09:54:45 pm »

no probs ,
basicly remove the on/off switch from the inside and then very gently ease the hatch cover off the deck , it should part quite easly .
Then unscrew the bit of wood that is left ,dont throw it away, now measure the switch base and cut the deck only enough to fit the wiring through .
Then trim and sand the bit of wood you took off the deck so that the hatch cover fits snugly , you now have to line up the piece of wood with the hole in the deck ,mark it from the inside and than cut just enough away so that the switch will slide , and then fit it all down sandwiching the switch between the deck and the bit of wood .
Now if your swich is like mine you will have to get the dremill out and trim the switch down a couple of mill and cut a couple of grooves back in , otherwise the hatch cover will rock on the switch ,you can do this before fitting it all together.
any probs .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

ixion

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 10:14:48 pm »

Thanks for the reply.
So you use the original switch, does the wiring needs to be extended or is it simply a case of re-locating the original switch without adding anything?
Thanks.

basicly remove the on/off switch from the inside and then very gently ease the hatch cover off the deck , it should part quite easly .
Then unscrew the bit of wood that is left ,dont throw it away, now measure the switch base and cut the deck only enough to fit the wiring through .
Then trim and sand the bit of wood you took off the deck so that the hatch cover fits snugly , you now have to line up the piece of wood with the hole in the deck ,mark it from the inside and than cut just enough away so that the switch will slide , and then fit it all down sandwiching the switch between the deck and the bit of wood .
Now if your swich is like mine you will have to get the dremill out and trim the switch down a couple of mill and cut a couple of grooves back in , otherwise the hatch cover will rock on the switch ,you can do this before fitting it all together.

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 10:37:29 pm »

you will have to extend the wires a bit , but just enough to allow you access for charging . Thats my next job  to fit a charging socket .
daz

ixion

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 10:41:10 pm »

Thats my next job  to fit a charging socket .

And that was going to be my next question...... Thanks for all your help so far.

ixion

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 09:54:32 am »

I have done the modification now and the switch is under the hatch. Just one last question, the antenna wire, what is best to do with it, leave it under the deck or disguise it somewhere above deck?
Cheers.

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 11:27:46 pm »

i brought mine out through a hole i drilled at the rear of the wheel house locker and then fed it around the wheel house it self , but i did find some range issues and have tried it up the rear mast which eliminated the problem for me abu stood out like a sore thumb (white wire on grey) so i plan to either paint the wire grey so it blends in or what might work is to locate all the wire below decks and thread a copper wire connected to the end up the mast which would blend in better.
There are plenty of places to disguise the wire on the boat either on or below decks or as stays for the mast's , the choice is yours .
daz

ixion

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2009, 01:20:10 pm »

Hi,

I also replaced the two spot lights on the wheelhouse roof

Can you tell me who's, what size and where from for the replacement searchlights you have used please. I have damaged one on mine so want to replace them.
Cheers.

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 06:30:55 pm »

ooh err yes , i bought them from the model show at blackpool last year i think from Reade plastics .
daz

craftysod

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 08:35:26 pm »

mike31

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 03:44:06 pm »

I have just purchased the Lobmaster from Sussex Models, and very pleased with the value for money.
The switch is attached to the ESC , presumably it must be removed if it is to be extended into one of the deck fittings for easy access,.
I wold like to know how remote charging has been achieved as removing the deck with all the rigging lines seems fiderly. Do you leave the battery connected to the ESC when not in use?, as this seems dangerous, and must leave the ESC live all the time.
Thanks for any help.
mike

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 10:41:23 pm »

Now that's a thought , i have not looked into that side of the electrics regarding the esc being connected all the time as once the power is cut to the reciever then the esc is dormant , but as you say still live , willhave to take the deck off and investigate  :-)) .
As for charging the battery , this boat is so light on consumption that if it was a car the economy would be well over 100mpg , i have run mine for over three hours on two sessions and dont expect to have a chargeing session for another couple of hours , and thats with the lights on .
But all that been said a charging socket would not go a miss and this would be a solution to the earlier question as a three connection socket would disconnect the power to the esc when you plug in the charger this would also remove the need for a power on/off switch as a blank plug could be used to break the power when not in use .
Aint it funny how the brain works once stimulated  :o .
daz

nathanbint

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 09:09:14 pm »

hi i ahve just bought the thunder tiger majestic ideal beginer boat like me lol u don't have to mess about with all the sails and that it isn't very fast but to be honest you don't buy a boat to go fast if u want a boat to go fast then buy a speed boat but taht my choice

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 03:50:14 am »

These boats have a double hull which pretty much makes them unsinkable & are from same source who produces for Graupner, MHD, TT, etc.. 

I bought Catherine for the local resort where we sail & was pleased at how well she runs.  They produce some very nice traditional motor sailors as well as you can see below.
"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

dash8man

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 06:21:04 pm »

Anyone have any idea what scale these Thunder Tiger boats are close to? ie. 1:30 or 1:40. Cheers.

Bill.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 07:48:44 pm »

I believe they are 1:18 or 1:20.

You can work it out by the height of the door on the wheel house.  :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

ixion

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 07:54:40 pm »

I think the figures I have on mine are 1:24 which look about right.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 07:58:14 pm »

They look alright are they George Turners ?
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

ixion

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2009, 07:59:07 pm »

They look alright are they George Turners ?

Yes they are.

GrafVonJon

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2010, 06:45:58 pm »

Ixion,

Where did you get the little lobster pots from? Your boat looks lovely. Amazing what a few tweaks can do.
Love the tires over the side too.

GVJ
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.