Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement motor cowls...  (Read 1973 times)

das boot

Replacement motor cowls...
« on: January 24, 2009, 08:50:59 pm »

Can you buy replacement motor cowlings for these 'riggers, does anyone know? I'd like to fit a new one(sorry, Euan...)but can't seem to locate one on the 'net anywhere...any ideas chaps?

Ta

Rich

andyn

Re: Replacement motor cowls...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 10:04:22 pm »

Vac form your own :-))

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

you could always make one from aluminimum, make a wood form and a sheet of aluminimum (tin can) ,soap and a blow torch .
Made one for a engine cowel for a bi plane i crashed .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

das boot

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 08:51:26 am »

The problem is solved gentlemen, many thanks for your advice. I've made a new cowling up, when it's completed and sanded down I'll post a pic up of my handiwork.

Rich

Euan Galloway

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 09:08:42 am »

Rich,
         REMEMBER THIS IS A SPEED MACHINE NOT A SUB?,make sure whatever you make is totally waterproof as the hatch forms a watertight seal.The rigger was a scatch build by a chap in Devon so no commercial hatch available.The hatch on it is designed to make just enough space for the motor and battery connectors.
                                      cheers Euan.

das boot

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 11:00:38 am »

I'm onto it Euan...I've just swapped the cowl that was on the hatch with something longer, a bit deeper and a touch higher. Purely cosmetic...I'll still be using the existing hatch cover, just the 'bump' has changed.

I'm  treating it as a submarine, mate...not a sniff of water will be permitted to enter the boat under any circumstances.

Cheers,

Rich

Euan Galloway

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 02:50:13 pm »

Rich,
              I responded to your pm but i keep getting messages from Martin the mod that it has been sent to the wrong person.The esc has a built in bec circuit so all you have to do is connect up yur 12cell pack.
                cheers Euan.

das boot

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 02:58:41 pm »

Excellent Euan, many thanks for that...one less thing to worry about, that's what I like! With a bit of luck and a following wind, we shall on the water by next weekend...

Thanks again for all the help and advice..

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.