Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Al Khubar  (Read 7995 times)

dan

Re: Al Khubar
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 05:30:05 pm »

fantastic, thanks very much for sharing with us. Can i ask where you got the plans (if any) to make the adjustments needed to transform it? and how did the dusty looking surface on the deck?

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 06:13:12 pm »

I used the information on the website mentioned earlier as the basis of my changes, and from finding a few pictures on the Internet to modify my original tug. As mentioned earlier, I also used a bit of artistic licence rather than make it one hundred percent the same as the original.

On  the website that person I believe cut away the stern of his tug, I didnt bother doing that as I didnt think it necessary as it was never going to be a working back end and I didnt fancy doing that for a first attempt.

With regard the dusty effect, the deck weathering was a good thing in itself. I used a combination of several colours - various shades of brown, black, red and green and mixed them in various combinations and thicknesses on bits of card and then gradually blending in over about a week, sometimes using the full extent of a brushes bristles, other times flicking the bristles.

About two thirds of the way through I sprinkled real dust over the deck and then weathered a bit more. After the final few blobs of painting, I blew dust over again in parts and left it all to dry.

I must confess for a first attempt at modifying a boat to such an extent and experimenting with weathering, I have been quite pleased - probably beginners luck  %)

Andrew

tugnut

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 09:39:02 pm »

Well done you have made agreat job of her looks well busy, great mods :-))
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.