Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide Dogs/Old Mobile Phones - please read  (Read 2577 times)

polaris

• Shipmate
Guide Dogs/Old Mobile Phones - please read
« on: January 24, 2009, 05:46:08 pm »

Dear All,

Guide Dogs for the Blind receives £3.50 for each mobile phone sent to them. If you might have an old/dead mobile(s), might you consider sending same to them please.

You can request special envelopes at recycle@guidedogs.org.uk or visit www.guidedogs.org.uk/recycle or call them on 0845 603 9779. Alternatively put the old mobile into an A5 envelope and address to (no stamp needed):

Greener Solutions/Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
FREEPOST
LON17592
Mitcham
CR4 3UZ

Thankyou for reading this.

Regards, Bernard

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Guide Dogs/Old Mobile Phones - please read
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 05:48:12 pm »

Thanks Bernard - I have two old phones already in an envelope just waiting for an address! Will be in the post on Monday.

Barrie

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 05:53:05 pm »

Dear Barrie,

Gosh... that was quick! Thankyou, much appreciated... didn't expect such speedy action.

Regards, Bernard

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 05:56:41 pm »

Nice one Bernard I was only saying to the missus the other day that there must be someone collecting old mobiles for a good cause.

Now I know there is they will be sent off pronto.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 06:20:49 pm »

Dear Dicky,

Thankyou very much. They had my ones last year, so not having anything this time round was thinking what else to do and came up with this idea... v.pleased I did too! I have an idea to go to one partic. phone shop that I know sells second hand mobiles as well as new - they must have some dead ones somewhere! - worth a try anyway!

Regards, Bernard

walktheplank

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 09:25:39 pm »

I have an old phone and happy to send it. BUT i have two questions, one for others and one for me.
    1, Is there a way of removing all the info from the phone as some people may not want to send phones with details on it.
    2, Why are there so many Charity's head offices in London, as it must cost a fair bit to stay there. So why not somewhere cheaper and save money ???
sorry, but thats me. Sonic.

andyn

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 10:16:36 pm »

1, Is there a way of removing all the info from the phone as some people may not want to send phones with details on it.

No, not everything can be deleted, but all of your contacts etc can.

This is so that the police and such authoritys can trace what you do with your phone if needs be, and is quite essential.

Be honest though, what would any respectable company want with the details on your phone? If they were to retreive your data they would be in breech of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act and the Data Protection Act and if found out a national court would take them to the cleaners

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 12:46:54 am »

Quote from: walktheplank link=topic=15049.msg146252#msg146252 date=1232832339

Be honest though, what would any respectable company want with the details on your phone?
[/quote

Its not the respectable companies people worry about. These phones will be sold on.
These fears are unwarranted, but understandable.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

andyn

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 02:02:46 am »

Be honest though, what would any respectable company want with the details on your phone?

Its not the respectable companies people worry about. These phones will be sold on.
These fears are unwarranted, but understandable.
Which leads on to if the respectable companies sold the phones on to another company, who then got the information off them, then in the eyes of the law they would still be involved in the crime and still be taken to the cleaners for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.