Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: The infamous Motorflote ( Motorflotte ) push tug...  (Read 241709 times)

das boot

Re: The infamous Motorflote push tug...
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2009, 06:15:02 pm »

Ah, but Motorflote Mk2 will be capable of warp speed...   :o

Rich

chingdevil

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2009, 06:48:37 pm »

Rich

Are you coming to Wickstead? If so you can have a go with your Motorflote thingy against my springer, be afraid, be very afraid <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

Brian

das boot

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2009, 07:22:36 pm »

Blimey, hang on...I haven't even started building the thing yet! Where's Wickstead...Essex way somewhere?

Rich

djrobbo

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009, 07:34:05 pm »

Well now...my little fubar springer the rescue tug   ...rescued a powerboat that had his prop tangled up in the line holding one of our steering course bouys.....

wee fubar picked up the boat and the bouy and dragged the anchor ( flowerpot filled with concrete) as well and returned the whole lot to shore.....and didn't have a chance to get full power............

BE AFRAID....BE VERY AFRAID  <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

Oh and by the way i live near to a road called essex way and its a naffin great hill and there is definately no lake on.......mind you a lake with a slope would be good for skiing {-) {-)

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 08:12:25 pm »

Careful, them two TBW springers have a PHD rating...
Rumor has it that the drives are sonic driven... O0

That would be a very small, very fast Hedgehog then. I'd better warn the RSPCA (animal welfare charity for non UK readers)  ok2 ok2 ok2
Don't Assume Check

chingdevil

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2009, 09:05:33 pm »

Rich

Here you go, just so you know where to find it in May Wicksteed Park Family Theme Park, Kettering, Northamptonshire :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
Better build fast, Mayhem is there on the weekend of the 23rd & 24th May, bring a tent and some beer. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Brian

das boot

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2009, 09:11:54 pm »

Cheers for that, me dear...was that you who won the plans for Motorflote on ebay?  <*< <*<

Rich

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2009, 09:52:33 pm »

Hi Rich
I will have to check with my mate to find out where the Motofloat was, and ask him if he took any photographs.
Alan

chingdevil

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2009, 10:38:41 pm »

Might be Rich ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Brian

steamboatmodel

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2009, 12:22:31 am »

If you build the " Model Boats Dec 1985. Motorflote - Pusher Tug" You need to heavily modify the hull to get any reverse. As drawn the boat will not go in reverse, I had to trim the corners of the bottom section to get some reverse. It is a very interesting and fun model to run, ether by itself ( it wanders all over with no directional stability) or tied to a tow (it is suddenly like running a large model). When I build another one I will use the hull design from the Springer.
Regards,
Gerald.
PS Until you modify the hull, too enable some reverse do not run into any marker buoys, you can't get away from them.

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2009, 12:38:38 am »

PS Until you modify the hull, too enable some reverse do not run into any marker buoys, you can't get away from them.

Unless you ask (nicely) a Springer to rescue you...   ;D

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2009, 02:22:33 pm »

I have checked with my friend and he confirms that the Motofloat was at Poole, unfortunately he did not have a camera with him.
Alan

das boot

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2009, 02:42:03 pm »

If you build the " Model Boats Dec 1985. Motorflote - Pusher Tug" You need to heavily modify the hull to get any reverse. As drawn the boat will not go in reverse, I had to trim the corners of the bottom section to get some reverse. It is a very interesting and fun model to run, ether by itself ( it wanders all over with no directional stability) or tied to a tow (it is suddenly like running a large model). When I build another one I will use the hull design from the Springer.
Regards,
Gerald.

I found that with my Mk1 version, although being double sized it would eventually go where I wanted it to go. Not exactly a regatta boat though...

Unless you ask (nicely) a Springer to rescue you...   ;D

Cough...splutter...I'd never live it down! Good grief man, what on earth are you saying...rescued by a swing springer??? Cough...splutter...

I have checked with my friend and he confirms that the Motofloat was at Poole, unfortunately he did not have a camera with him.
Alan

Thanks Alan, I did think that's where the things were based. Must be some more about somewhere though?

Rich

andyn

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2009, 03:03:14 pm »

Cough...splutter...I'd never live it down! Good grief man, what on earth are you saying...rescued by a swing springer??? Cough...splutter...

Well theres always my Perkasa to rescue you, thats what we use down our club when we can't be bothered to get the boat out. Only problem it's a bit broken at the moment %) and if I tryed to push that poxy little thing with it it would just roll like a small child on crack on top a hill ....... ;)

das boot

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2009, 03:39:33 pm »

Well theres always my Perkasa to rescue you, thats what we use down our club when we can't be bothered to get the boat out. Only problem it's a bit broken at the moment %) and if I tryed to push that poxy little thing with it it would just roll like a small child on crack on top a hill ....... ;)

err...excuse me, young sir...but when the day comes when your latest missile breaks down in the middle of the lake and everybody else has gone home, who you gonna call for rescue? Motorflotebusters!!!

Rich

andyn

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2009, 05:38:00 pm »

Nah I either wait for it to blow into range of the fishing rod, wait for it to blow into the side or call home for the kayak to be delivered O0

steamboatmodel

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2009, 06:26:39 pm »

As there were no Springer's back then, I had to wait for the Motorflote to drift away from the marker. Any attempt to push it of the marker just spun it around the marker. I didn't win anything in the precision steering, but won 1st in towing, my towing partner admitted his boat was just along for the ride and he was just trying not to tangle me up. They promptly changed the rules for the next year and banned tugs being tied tight to the tows stern. I may have to dust it off and reinstal the working gear.
Regards,
Gerald

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2009, 07:34:22 pm »

I went to the Midhurst show today and there was a nice model of a Motofloat on display built to one and a half times the size of the original plans, unfortunately I did not have a camera with me.
Alan

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2009, 09:17:17 pm »

Can't you be birched for not taking a camera to a model boat show?!?!  <:(
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2009, 09:49:02 pm »

Don't do that Martin, what would STMBO say? {-) {-)

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2015, 11:04:39 am »

Gentlemen, I have a request...if any of you have built a Motorflote pusher tug, I'm after photos of it. I could do with photos of the full sized one as well...I believe it was based at Poole Harbour.

Either post them here, or preferably email them to me...

Thanks guys,

Rich
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2015, 07:58:49 pm »

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2015, 08:03:17 pm »

Got two of the magazines, Frank..plans, build articles, the lot. I'm after photos of boats that people have built from the plan.

Thanks anyways, mate...

Rich
Rich

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2015, 02:19:05 pm »

Nobody built a Motorflote?  <:(  C'mon guys...don't be shy, there must be a few of you out there in the depths of Mayhemland that built one,  surely?

Rich
Rich

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2015, 03:08:36 pm »

"Here's one I built earlier!"   :P

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.