Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RTR boat...?  (Read 7752 times)

das boot

Re: RTR boat...?
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 07:24:27 PM »

One I have found good is the ZigZag racer by Hobbyzone, RTR BUT uses proper crystals. Barry over at Mainly Models does them for 25

Before Bill says anything mine doesn't work anymore because... well.... I kind of filled it with water by hitting a rather large submerged log. Then got even more water in it due to the rescue attempt. But we won't go into that...

Doesn't have a proper servo however, just a motor with some gearing, but appears to be perfectly functionable

Never heard of that one Andy...do you have a link to it by any chance?

Rich

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 07:25:22 PM »

Those bat things look frightening! I've had a good old sniff round on the 'net and found the MFA Piranha2, that looks like a quick and easy build to keep me on the water until the 'rigger is sorted out. What do you think of the Piranha2...any good?
Rich

I built one of those ages ago...  http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/My_models/01%20piranha.htm
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!"    -   Mayhem FaceBook Group!

andyn

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »

I do indeed  :-)

This is the shiney new 3 version, I have the 2

This one has a proper esc too, the one I have was all on one board. It also has a proper servo. Having said this mine went like the clappers for a boat that's only 15" long, and turned almost on the spot.

Mine came with me to Germany in 2007 and had runs just about every day while I was there, and never missed a beat the whole 2 weeks.

http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_boats_hobbyzone_zig_zag_racer_3.htm

das boot

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 07:34:29 PM »

Martin...thanks for that, enjoyable reading.  :-))

Andy...thank you too for your link, I'll be away to have a look at that right away.  :-))

Rich

john54

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 07:45:57 PM »

I was going to buy that rigger (when for sale on here) Then had big vets bill. Oh well first things first!

andyn

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 07:56:42 PM »

Then had big vets bill.

Didn't have your gonads taken off did you john?

das boot

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 08:08:04 PM »

I was going to buy that rigger (when for sale on here) Then had big vets bill. Oh well first things first!

I apologise to you John, for beating you to it, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it and getting on the water, it's going so different to running a submarine (or I hope it will...) Sorry to hear about the vet bill too, that can get expensive. We had a bill for our African Grey of over 300 years ago, and that was just for five injections. I dread to think what it would be now.

Andy...I'm sorry sir, but that boat is about the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time, it looks like a beetle! Humble apologies (and bowing to your superior knowledge of all things that travel on the water rather than under it), but I really do think it's not my scene at all. I thank you anyway...(cap in hand, knuckling of forelock and waking backwards under the door....)

Rich

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 08:14:55 PM »

I'm with you Rich.
Demented egg whisk. Or bumble bee on heat. take your pick.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

andyn

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 08:18:01 PM »

I admit it ain't the prettiest of things, but a submarine is essentially a long hard tube full of seamen {-)

I believe when I sailed mine it was reffered to by everyone as a floating iron...

john54

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 08:20:37 PM »

No but i had my 4th toe right foot removed last monday  >:-o but the dogs o.k now shame i cant walk him yet  :((

das boot

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 08:26:45 PM »

I'm with you Rich.
Demented egg whisk. Or bumble bee on heat. take your pick.

A bumble bee on heat, eh? That's got to be one for Harry Hill...

I admit it ain't the prettiest of things, but a submarine is essentially a long hard tube full of seamen {-)

I believe when I sailed mine it was reffered to by everyone as a floating iron...

err...are we discussing the same things here? My subs are full of...oh, never mind, there's a mod about!

No but i had my 4th toe right foot removed last monday  >:-o but the dogs o.k now shame i cant walk him yet  :((

One word covers THAT...ouch!!

Rich

beerbelly

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 05:00:48 PM »

whats the best RTR to get as an bigginner i.e make and models ?

cheers wayne
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up