Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: brushless motors & water cooled esc's  (Read 5586 times)

mfelton23

brushless motors & water cooled esc's
« on: February 05, 2009, 04:06:04 pm »

Hi just thought you would like to know of a guy who has just started stocking marine brushless motors & esc's .

I ordered 2x turnigy motors with speed controllers to suit on saturday and they arrived by wednesday (thought id fell asleep for two weeks without realising they came that quick.)

Anyway the guys name is John and his web address is  www.stormtrade.co.uk.

John is also looking at feedback on other marine motors & esc's to build up his stock range to help us guys out. Should save us from waiting for weeks for our gear to arrive from china.

Give him a go you never know..

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
Re: brushless motors & water cooled esc's
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 03:53:13 pm »

Yes very helpful - ordered motor and ESC 1045 Monday, posted 12.10 Monday, arrived well packed 11.30 today Tuesday. AND he reads his e-mail!! Unlike another supplier who didn't get the order. Thanks, John.

Proteus

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 06:43:16 pm »

There seems to be no address or phone number on the site , any idea where they are. uk. hong Kong ,ping pong India ?

Proteus

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 07:20:53 pm »

seems to be British bit only one speed controller with reverse and some funny makes of servos!!!!

Stav

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 09:08:50 pm »

John can't be far away if the Royal mail can get stuff to me 25 hours after the order!!!

Proteus

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 11:23:52 pm »

Thanks for that, I still like a address or phone number in case it goes missing/does not turn up etc. I cannot see why a company does not have them on a web site, its a bit like company's that only have a mobile number, it puts me of,but that may just be my suspicious nature

Proteus

mfelton23

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 01:21:19 pm »

sorry guys i couldny find this post so couldnt reply to your questions. Ive just found it again and to answer your questions stormtrade is a internet based company soley no shop or trade counter.   Dont worry about items not turning up cause alls you have to do is e-mail them and you will be surprised at how quick they get back to you.
Storm trade are new to model boating bits as they were set up for the fly boys but are expanding there buisness towards the marine side of things. They are looking for feedback on what items us boaters would like them to stock so if you dont see it on the site just e-mail him with your preferance and im sure hell accomadate your needs.
And the very good news is they are based in the UK so no waiting for weeks hoping your purchase from china dosnt get held back by those lovly customs men for weeks on end.

Max Power

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 04:14:13 pm »

Thanks for that, I still like a address or phone number in case it goes missing/does not turn up etc. I cannot see why a company does not have them on a web site, its a bit like company's that only have a mobile number, it puts me of,but that may just be my suspicious nature

Proteus
I am in complete agreement Proteus! I have in the past had problems with a UK based internet company who delivered the wrong model. It took me a lot of effort to finally get an address and phone number. I finally received a refund but it set my project back by six weeks! Since the I deal with no one who does not give an address and contact number.

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 05:41:23 pm »

I've looked at

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 05:53:52 pm »

Sorry - must have pressed "control" or something - I was looking at the envelope my order came in - there's a return address in Hemel Hempstead.

stallspeed

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 07:40:00 pm »

I was looking at the envelope my order came in - there's a return address in Hemel Hempstead.
John Darcy is the registrant of the domain name.

I know folks who have happily used a similar operation in giantcod .co.uk.They ship stuff from relatives in China and have recently increased the range of boat related stuff from purely heli,plane and car.The ranges are generic which sometimes appears asTurborix,Corona and Grand Wing brands with pocket money mixers,receivers and accessories.

These outfits will be as common as the Hong Kong based Ebayers and the UK model shops that will switch to toy shops.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.