Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clemenceau  (Read 1974 times)

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
Clemenceau
« on: February 05, 2009, 08:09:54 pm »

According to The Times the old French carrier Clemenceau is on its way to Hartlepool for breaking. Apparently they have the expertise there to deal with the huge amounts of asbestos aboard, something lacking at Alang,its original destination.
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

swordfish fairey

Re: Clemenceau
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 11:52:27 am »

She left Brest on the 3rd Feb in charge of the tug Anglian Earl, work will begin on her around Easter time. The tug in the second picture is, I believe, Anglian Earl.... :-)) :-))..........cheers...Smudge

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 01:18:12 pm »

BBC report today on the shipbreaking facility at Hartlepool here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7872650.stm

Colin

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 05:38:13 pm »

Re the breaking up of "foreign" ships in Hartlepool. The media hype really goes into overdrive on this subject, without any real factual knowledge. I am really (really!) looking forward to the day when the 3 "Ness" class RFAs are returned to the NE by the USN....and then observe the response of the media when it is pointed out that they were built in Wallsend. A happy day coming. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

farrow

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 11:07:05 pm »

At least it is work for some, all we hear now is of so many being made unemployed.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 11:39:36 pm »

Makes a lot of sense to me, the work gets done properly, probably saves some lives at Alang and, as RMASMaster says, it gives work to an area which needs it. The job has to be done somewhere so why not here?

Colin

Tankerman

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 12:22:18 pm »

Jeremy Vine is about to give his ignorant, biased opinion on Radio 2 and my finger is hovering over the "off" switch.

taxi

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 01:06:04 pm »

The government could release some cash to give it a quick lick of paint,  saving the money that would be spent on new carriers.......  this would give them more to squander on creaky banks and their own pensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.