Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Clarkson does it again  (Read 5861 times)

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Clarkson does it again
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:01:09 pm »

Oops what has mr Clarkson done this time ,opened his mouth and said what he thinks , so what at least he was accurate'ish .
One eyed ,true as a description , and no its not offensive.
Scottish , true again theres nowt wrong with that .
Idiot , hmm thats an opinion that many other people think but are not brave enough to say .
What do you lot think should he be repremanded by the bbc like Woss , oops is that offensive to people with speech impediments.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tidy Bench -Tidy Mind, Messy Bench - BUSY!!
Re: Clarkson does it again
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:27:41 pm »

Agree with every word he said !!  {-)

It's about time we stopped pandering to the 'thought police' in this country. As Wellington said  " Publish and be Dammed!!"
Also ;

How do you tell when a politician is lying to you ?.................. Their lips start moving !!

Mike

True Lifeboat Nutter!!

craftysod

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:42:58 pm »

Leave mr clarkson alone,at least he has the guts to say the truth.
Whatever happens we are still going to be led by a corrupt,money grabbing government.
Whoever is in power of this country,the politicians,have their perks,travel expenses,homes,running costs,trips abroad etc.
We are not going to win,never do,it needs a normal person to run this country,but there is no such thing as a normal politician

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 09:33:30 pm »

Leave mr clarkson alone,at least he has the guts to say the truth.

Hear Hear

He was right on two points and expressed his opinion on the third point...

Hmmm, i wonder what Clarkson would be like chairing Question Time...  :-))

The long Build

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 09:43:02 pm »

I believe he has apologised !  , wonder which part he apologised about..

I like the Guy and is outrightness,  this is just the  media trying to bring down whoever they can at the moment.

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 09:56:50 pm »

If Clarkson stood for Prime Minister he'd get my vote  :-))

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 09:59:58 pm »

mine too, also richard hamond would become transport minister, and james may would become deputy PM.

Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Stavros

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 10:33:31 pm »

mine too, also richard hamond would become transport minister, and james may would become deputy PM.

Good grief well said that man

Stav

nhp651

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 10:36:17 pm »

I loved the way that the ITV channel news reports repeated what he said as many times as they could possibly cram into a 2 minute story.lol :D {-) {-)
No love lost there then towards Auntie Beeb?? {-) {-) {-) {-)

pt109

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 10:37:27 pm »

I think Clarkson said what everyone else thinks about Gordon Brown, his vat cut is not working, and he's kidding himself and the country that he can solve the recession, even the French Prime minister said today that Gordons got it wrong.
and as for giving the car manufacturers loans to build cars that we cannot buy because we can't get loans in the 1st place - crazy
Give it a couple of years and watch our taxes rise to payback the vat and other daft goverment ideas

Wetwater

• Full Mayhemer
  • My mind often wanders. Once it left completely.
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 11:11:02 pm »

Apart from being blind in one eye, Brown appears to be deaf in both ears too.  Doesn't listen to anybody.

Clarkson for PM.  :-))
Alan.

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 11:12:35 pm »

Ah well there was talk again about the goverment giving a couple of grand for our old cars to buy new more eficient ones and the grant would boost the motoring economy .
As far as giving these maufacurers free money to help them out and other such companys , when they were making their millions and giving themselves big fat bonuses did they think maybe we should give more to the goverment then when times are hard we can justify asking for help.
the words pigs and fly come to mind.
Does any one know how much profit north sea oil and gas made last year , they dont anounce it like shell and the likes . Oh its called BP.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

taxi

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 04:01:14 am »

Clarkson is like a used nappy,   they are both  full of s***e.   I stopped watching Top Gear ages ago, same boring old s***e every week.   They should kick his ass out the door but   he might get his head stuck in it.

barryfoote

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 09:27:48 am »

I can't stand Clarkson. He has totally ruined Top Gear......That said, he says what he thinks. The only surprise for me was that he actually apologised.....now that I don't understand.

nhp651

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 09:53:21 am »

On the contrary,gents, me thinks,  O0
I think that top gear, these days is very entertaining, full of laughs and controversy...just what the motor industry needs, to be told that their cars are a load of C***.They would never improve if not.
If you want stodgy boring shows full of what this or that car has, whether it has how much pounds torque or whether mums shopping will fit into the small boot, explaied with the persona of a slug, then watch fifth gear with Tif Needall ( WHO IS ON A FAILING EGO TRIP EACH TIME HE SPINS THE WHEELS OF A CAR ON THE SHOW) and the bird that never did much in rallying, Vicky Henderson Butler Henderson Butler,( never could remember her name, coz she kept fluffing her lines).I'd love to put STIG up against Tiff Needall in the same car on the TG track and see who was the better driver, perhaps that could be arranged as another side show)
Top gear is an entertaining show, and without those three idiots as comentators it would be nothing.
The ratings and requests to appear in the audience of the show alone( now running at a 21 year waiting list) show how much it and they are revered as a programme, and without them the show would be just another very boring motor prog just full of boring stats..........and I can get that any night of the week down at my local owners club meet.............NO THANK YOU!!! {:-{ {:-{
Jeremy C for PM.....Your Country Needs YOU!!!............the country wouldn't be in this state if he was in. {-) {-) %%

By the way, Taxi, if you stopped watching it years ago, how do you know it's now "the same boring old s****" as it was when you used to watch it???? %% %% %%

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 10:03:37 am »

Ah well there was talk again about the goverment giving a couple of grand for our old cars to buy new more eficient ones and the grant would boost the motoring economy .

javascript:void(0);
I bought a car from our local Vauxhall dealer, I used to get regular letters offering to service it.
The last one offered to scrap it for me.... :o

The scheme talked about is put forward by the motor industry to the government...it would get my vote to change the old car.....
£2K would get me moving on. :-))

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 10:18:18 am »

Top Gear running about in fast sports cars nobody could really afford to run. Its lost the plot with silly races between cars and whatever.

There is a lot of celebrities letting go with slagging off lately. You sometimes wonder if they do it for the exposure.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 10:30:21 am »

Does any one know how much profit north sea oil and gas made last year , they dont anounce it like shell and the likes . Oh its called BP.
daz

Oil giant BP announced Tuesday that its annual profits had jumped by 39 percent to $25.6 billion, as last year's soaring oil prices fueled results.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

nhp651

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 10:32:05 am »

course they do Seaspray......................most are has bins or wanna bee's that need to boost their own ratings, but don't you find that on EVERY reallity show thats on TV.
you only have to look at "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here"...........there hasn't been a current "celebrity" on that show since it started.................all of them wanting to resurrect their careers from the doldrums..........and we put up with the rubbish...........at least there's a bit of light hearted humour with TG, and in this depressing world of ours where everyone is bombing the s**** out of each other
it's that light hearted banter that I enjoy.
If I wanted to look at cars that I could afford I'd look at 5th Gear with the bores.
I need to dream, to escape reallity, and that's exactly what TG allows me to do. ;D ;D

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 11:18:26 am »

course they do Seaspray......................most are has bins or wanna bee's that need to boost their own ratings, but don't you find that on EVERY reallity show thats on TV.
you only have to look at "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here"...........there hasn't been a current "celebrity" on that show since it started.................all of them wanting to resurrect their careers from the doldrums..........and we put up with the rubbish...........at least there's a bit of light hearted humour with TG, and in this depressing world of ours where everyone is bombing the s**** out of each other
it's that light hearted banter that I enjoy.
If I wanted to look at cars that I could afford I'd look at 5th Gear with the bores.
I need to dream, to escape reallity, and that's exactly what TG allows me to do. ;D ;D

This is how I see TG today as well.
It has moved on, rightly or wrongly, from the magazine type programme to a Lads Mag type propgramme.

It is a bit of fun and not to be taken seriosly.
It is light entertainment. and as has been said, we all need a bit of that at the moment.

my 2 cents.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 12:14:27 pm »

Light entertainment people actually in charge of something important?  Only if you want an unlikely plot twist to get you out of the pile of cack they would inevitably lead you into.  In a show, they have a script to decide the direction and the result - in real life, someone else is writing their bit of the overall script without any regard for your hopes and intentions for you bit of the script.
Whoever wins an election, the government still gets in.  Sadly, there's no way round that.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

nhp651

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 12:24:48 pm »

Light entertainment people actually in charge of something important?

Are you refering to our glorious leader there, Malcom, who keeps trying to tell us all that he is doing his best for this country, lol  {-) {-) {-)

djrobbo

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 01:28:06 pm »

Hi guys.......just heard that clarkson has apologised for his attack on the p.m,s personal appearance etc ...........BUT will not apologise for calling him an idiot...............

Gets my vote {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

regards...bob.

taxi

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 01:29:47 pm »

That makes two of them then.

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 01:40:14 pm »

What happened to Clarksons attempt at the Mayor of London??

They preferred another idiot in the end %%
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 23 queries.