Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clarkson does it again  (Read 5863 times)

madrob

Re: Clarkson does it again
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 01:59:17 pm »

I think the current TG is fantastic, the challenges they get up to are hilarious, how can anybody say the crossing the channel by car/boat wasn't funny, or what about the caravan holiday.
Love him or loath him it wouldnt be the same without clarkson. in fact it wouldnt be the same without any of the three

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 02:33:58 pm »

Leave mr clarkson alone,at least he has the guts to say the truth.

Hear Hear

He was right on two points and expressed his opinion on the third point...

Hmmm, i wonder what Clarkson would be like chairing Question Time...  :-))
I seem to remember him being on QT not all that long ago, and he was a breath of fresh air...better than the inarticulate singer that was on this week! BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

The long Build

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 02:51:11 pm »

course they do Seaspray......................most are has bins or wanna bee's that need to boost their own ratings, but don't you find that on EVERY reallity show thats on TV.
you only have to look at "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here"...........there hasn't been a current "celebrity" on that show since it started.................all of them wanting to resurrect their careers from the doldrums..........and we put up with the rubbish...........at least there's a bit of light hearted humour with TG, and in this depressing world of ours where everyone is bombing the s**** out of each other
it's that light hearted banter that I enjoy.
If I wanted to look at cars that I could afford I'd look at 5th Gear with the bores.
I need to dream, to escape reallity, and that's exactly what TG allows me to do. ;D ;D

This is how I see TG today as well.
It has moved on, rightly or wrongly, from the magazine type programme to a Lads Mag type propgramme.

It is a bit of fun and not to be taken seriosly.
It is light entertainment. and as has been said, we all need a bit of that at the moment.

my 2 cents.

His latest video , although not as good as normal  , but the scene trying to take out a speed camera with rockets.. Thats was funny especially as it took him lots of goes before he actually hit it.

wbeedie

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 02:52:24 pm »

The only bit I disagreed with what he said was about Broons Disability the guy is an idiot and New Labour have spent spent spent there way through their time in government and it has come round to bite there er*es and thats fae a Scotsman :-))

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 03:42:23 pm »

Light entertainment people actually in charge of something important?

Are you refering to our glorious leader there, Malcom, who keeps trying to tell us all that he is doing his best for this country, lol  {-) {-) {-)
I could never accuse Broon of being entertaining.  H  ;D nestly.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2009, 04:47:48 pm »

I  don't mind companys making a profit, thats what its all about. Saves the tax payer proping them up.

Don't watch TG now, just moved on.

As long as Broon is in the leadership of Labour they'll loose the election. They need somebody  young, bold, likeable. I've said this from the start,  from an other Scotsman.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2009, 05:44:03 pm »

A clever move on Clarksons part, actually apologising for calling Brown a Scot. I wonder how Brown himself views that statement, I mean, he is Scottish and presumably proud of that fact, nothing wrong with that, but to have someone apologise to you for your nationality.... sound like something of another insult to me... clever move there Clarkson! Playing the pc twits like fish on a hook, well done that man!

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2009, 04:38:29 am »

An update on the appology.
From MSN
-------------------------
Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson watered down his apology for calling Prime Minister Gordon Brown a "one-eyed Scottish idiot" - saying he was not sorry for "the idiot bit".

Speaking to The Sun - in which the presenter writes a weekly column - he said: "I very specifically apologised for making fun of his personal appearance - very specifically.

"I have nothing against the Scottish and of course I regret making any remark that might have upset the disabled.

"But the idiot bit - there is no chance I'll apologise for that."

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.