Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Six nations Rugby  (Read 3249 times)

Stavros

Six nations Rugby
« on: February 08, 2009, 10:47:49 pm »

He he Wales trounced the Scots good on em I say (sorry Norry) Will we see a back to back championship I think so

stav

kenthompson

Re: Six nations Rugby
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 11:03:14 pm »

Dream on Stavros,,,, Dream on ....

barryfoote

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 08:41:06 am »

As an avid English rugby fan, I have to say that I am afraid Stavros could be right!!!!I am dreading next weeks game against Wales....

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:58:37 am »

Well Wales look set to win this tournament again, we have a strong team, hopefully Shane Williams and Ryan Jones will be fit for the match against England.
BUT what about Ireland then!!!!!!!! They dominated France good and proper!!!!! They could be the ones who upset the applecart if they carry on playing like they did against France!!!!! A great game to watch and kept me on the edge of my seat!!!

Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 08:58:18 pm »

Well Stav we were right  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) Wales won yet again against the english but at least england didn't play like they did against Italy or it would have been a ROUT!!!!! 

Six nations, triple crown and a grand slam two years on the trot? Looks like it's on!!!  :-)) :-)) O0 O0

Mark.

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 09:31:10 pm »

WoW. Is there anything on earth  that's more unbearable than the Taffia sniffing a trophy? Except maybe the Aussies............  :o

(Answers on the reverse of a £20 note to..............etc etc)

FLJ

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »

WoW. Is there anything on earth  that's more unbearable than the Taffia sniffing a trophy?

Only having to listen to the english excuses!!! hehehe %% %% ;D ;D :P :P

Mark

Stavros

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 09:52:45 pm »

YES YES YES Stav on the BEER dammed headacke in the morning yippie WALES WON HA HA

Stav

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 09:58:05 pm »

I am not interested at the art of egg chasing till someone at work organised a sweep stake coupon
so come on WALES!!!!!!! O0 O0

looking good for winning :D :D

barryfoote

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 10:07:24 pm »

Well played to Wales and as I have said before it is good to see welsh Rugby at a high level. That said, I am proud of the way England played against the best Northern Hemisphere team. Much to improve on but I think the future could be good for Martin Johnson and his team..

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 10:08:15 pm »

I haven't yet seen the game, but well done to Wales, the first step on the way to a Grand Slam. I must say, though, looking at the score, Wales 6 penalty goals, England none  :o Wales 1 try, England 2  :o :o I wondered how that could be possible, but then I saw who the referee was, Jonathan Kaplan from South Africa, say no more  >>:-( >>:-(. In my opinion, for what it's worth, he is the worst referee of the current crop, and a blight on the game. Like Andre Watson of past years (also a South African) he has ruined more games than I care to think about,  <*< and must blow more peas out of whistles than any referee in history  %) . However, both teams had to put up with him.

That said, congratulations to Wales, and I hope you do win the Grand Slam  :-)) :-)) (I also hope the Australian team watches you play, they could certainly learn from you).

Peter.

chingdevil

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 10:29:42 pm »

I watched the game and felt the ref gave Wales too much leeway, they could be offside, slowing the ball down, and he just told them not to do it. England get sent off after just a couple of warnings, he warned England early on in the game where Wales had to wait until the second half before he bothered to warn them, Southern Hemisphere refs are a right pain in the rear.

Brian

Stavros

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 10:39:22 pm »

Poor looser HA HA

Stav

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 11:06:27 pm »

I haven't yet seen the game, but well done to Wales, the first step on the way to a Grand Slam. I must say, though, looking at the score, Wales 6 penalty goals, England none  :o Wales 1 try, England 2  :o :o I wondered how that could be possible, but then I saw who the referee was, Jonathan Kaplan from South Africa, say no more  >>:-( >>:-(. In my opinion, for what it's worth, he is the worst referee of the current crop, and a blight on the game. Like Andre Watson of past years (also a South African) he has ruined more games than I care to think about,  <*< and must blow more peas out of whistles than any referee in history  %) . However, both teams had to put up with him.

That said, congratulations to Wales, and I hope you do win the Grand Slam  :-)) :-)) (I also hope the Australian team watches you play, they could certainly learn from you).

Peter.

Peter,

Kaplan would have been welcomed with open arms in Paris after Clancy's first 6 nations performance (wish it was his last). Clancy as Ref and Wayne Barnes as a touch judge - total nightmare. 

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 03:16:33 am »

Stavros, complaints about the refereeing usually result in comments of "poor loser", but in many cases the complaints are justified. As I said earlier, I have not seen the game, and my comments were based on past experiences watching Jonathan Kaplan referee.

BarryM, my biggest problem with Rugby Union is there are far too many rules open to interpretation by the referee, and what one will penalise severely, another will treat far more leniently. I firmly believe that tries should be the prime object of a Rugby team, or even drop goals, because at least the attacking team has got itself into a position to score. Games that are decided on penalty goals will always leave a sour taste in the beaten team's supporter's mouths, mainly because it is refereeing decisions that dictate the outcome of the match. Chingdevil's comment about southern hemisphere referees being a pain in the rear echo my thoughts about some northern hemisphere refs. It all gets back to my comment about interpretation, and referees from the different Rugby playing countries have differing interpretations of the rules, which leads to much confusion, and frustration.

Peter.

barryfoote

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 08:52:57 am »

I have to agree with Peter, the referee was not good and did seem to favour Wales. That said, it was England's own fault. They showed a lack of discipline early on that he decide to stamp out and therefore his mind was more on the English than the Welsh. Still a very good game and the best team won.

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 11:29:30 am »

Stavros, complaints about the refereeing usually result in comments of "poor loser", but in many cases the complaints are justified. As I said earlier, I have not seen the game, and my comments were based on past experiences watching Jonathan Kaplan referee.

BarryM, my biggest problem with Rugby Union is there are far too many rules open to interpretation by the referee, and what one will penalise severely, another will treat far more leniently. I firmly believe that tries should be the prime object of a Rugby team, or even drop goals, because at least the attacking team has got itself into a position to score. Games that are decided on penalty goals will always leave a sour taste in the beaten team's supporter's mouths, mainly because it is refereeing decisions that dictate the outcome of the match. Chingdevil's comment about southern hemisphere referees being a pain in the rear echo my thoughts about some northern hemisphere refs. It all gets back to my comment about interpretation, and referees from the different Rugby playing countries have differing interpretations of the rules, which leads to much confusion, and frustration.

Peter.

Peter,
My comments were based on a French try given after a forward pass to which both Ref and Touch Judge were blind and the Refs bias towards the French playing at home. Too many penalties given to the French and too many overlooked when Scotland would have benefitted plus total blindness to the constant French offside playing. Nothing to do with rule interpretation.

Cheers

Barry M
PS Well done, Wales!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 22 queries.