Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's to the Scottish members.....  (Read 9274 times)

polaris

• Shipmate
Re: Here's to the Scottish members.....
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 08:50:27 pm »

To save time, in brief:-

Barry,

Scotland sends £9593/head in tax to Westminster - more than anywhere else outside London. QED
Scotland pays £49billion/year in tax - only London pays more. QED
People in NE England claim on average £3,284/head in benefits compared to £3086/head in Scotland. Living in wrong place then! ok2
Public spending in Scotland at £9631/head is lower than London at £9748. Northern Ireland is highest. Per last & QED
For the last 40 years Scotland has sent more taxes to London than has come back. (Who's being subsidised?) By who's equation?
Massive amounts of public cash have been poured into the Dome, the British Library, Portcullis House, Crossrail and now the Olympics. Many parts of the UK, let alone Scotland would be happy to get a fraction of this investment. 1 & 5 granted, complete rubbish, but where did the idea come from?!

Andy, You know there were some interesting stats. a short while ago that proved an interesting point in this. Whilst indeed around 37% of accidents involved alcohol, one should deduct the factor of who actually caused the accident. Now, I can't remember off hand the precise figures, and indeed they are probably a touch out of date by a couple of years, but the actual figure clearly stated - at that time - to be the direct cause of any accident was 1%. Ok, this is not acceptable, but when one reduces this to death caused by same the result is about 0.001 on average - or thereabouts. Please don't expect me to prove these figures, I don't have a head for figures, it's just some useless gnrl. info. gathered along the way!!!!

Regards, Bernard

wombat

• Full Mayhemer
  • The view from the shallow end of the gene pool
The prat in the hat - www.floatingwombat.me.uk - Have look & say Hi

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 09:20:22 pm »

being scottish I have something that the majorit of the rest of the world does not have:
the ability to laugh and see a joke for what it is a joke :D :D
so no more politics guys :-))
here is one for you Scotland the Brave (with a differance)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK6jHFezO_8

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 09:23:45 pm »

and when you need some charity work
well be helping ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4T4I9DRGok

this one was taken on the day they recorded the song at Hampden for the backing track and thanks to the
french who tryed to join in that day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehD8zajf61g&feature=related

bobdoc

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2009, 09:37:32 pm »

And, for my tuppence worth, clinical applications for MRI scanning were developed by a Scot in Aberdeen ... how many of us "old guys" have benefited form that technology

BTW, two Scots invented pneumatic tyres (independently and in ignorance of each other), Dunlop was preceded by Robert Thomson who also created the fountain pen (not much used these days!)

Scotland rocks for new stuff but UK vs Rest of the World - would make for a textbook!

Bobdoc the Aberdonian

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2009, 10:44:10 pm »

Bernard appears to want to keep his location/age a secret. Maybe that would throw some light on his views.

Barry M

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 08:14:34 am »

Dear Gingyer,

Quite right. What was only a bit of tougue in cheek teasing was just beginning to get a touch more into horseplay (as sometimes just happens), sooner or later someone get's upset and such must be avoided at all costs. At the end of the day, we are all in the same boat together, and it doesn't matter where we all live. Out of curiosity, does Mayhem have many Cornish members?

Oh well, back to work I suppose!

Regards, Bernard

Roger in France

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 08:21:27 am »

There are certainly some Cornish Members and some - like me - with Cornish (Kenyon and Gwenapp) ancestry.

Mayhem does have a wide appeal. Today I have sent "Welcome Messages" to new Members in Russia; South Africa; NZ and England.

Unfortunately many Members do not quote their location in their Profile, as we encourage them to do. Then we have to guess where they are from their ISP address.

Roger in France

barryfoote

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 08:28:36 am »

I think the English should start a campaign for full Independence from Scotland and Wales....at least they have their own parliament!! :-)) :-))

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 09:14:23 am »

I recall when the French were off on one of their anti-American rants and demanded that all American forces left Europe. They were asked "Does that include the dead ones?". 

Does that impinge on any brains here?

Barry M

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2009, 09:24:09 am »

BTW, two Scots invented pneumatic tyres...

It had to be that way - you need a front and a back, else we'd all be commuting on unicycles.  %%

Andy, son of a Cornishman, born in Cumbria, living in Scotland. You can keep "the southeast". ;-)
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 10:26:47 pm »

The Scots did all this for us poor Englishmen

And then you had a wonderful idea you sent all your idiots to our Parliament headed by the saviour of the world MR GORDEN BROWN.

The man who for the last 10 years set what taxes you Scots pay. Don't blame the English blame one off your own.

Colin H.

Ducking now {-) {-)
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 10:46:22 pm »

I gotta say I lived in Greenock for 15 yrs.
I have good and bad memories, but this Englishman did take home a lovely part of Scotland.
I married a local Greenock Girl, best thing I ever did!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

wbeedie

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2009, 10:47:46 pm »

Dont forget our Esteemed  Fettes educated eejit as well Colin yon man Blair ,Thatcher fecked Scotland so we got our revenge 50 X over :-))

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2009, 10:54:45 pm »

it always annoys me this one colin  >:-o
when people complain about the government being scottish and doing everything wrong.
there is 646 MP's only 59 are scottish. What then are the rest of these muppets doing then
if it is only the scots to blame {:-{
I don't trust a single one

End of Rant now please lets get back to non-political banter O0 O0

DARLEK1

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 12:25:06 am »

Hi guys, easy conclusion, stick all politicians aganst a wall and shoot em for failing the people and stealing from them amongst other things, nearly all of the time.
  Plus, what is the none elected one doing in power still? >>:-( <*< :police:

Paul...

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 09:16:41 pm »

Gingyer.

You have a lot of things correct but there is one major defect in your argument. The 646 MP's are not the government they are as you quite rightly say MUPPETS who will do what their political masters tell them in order to keep their snouts in the trough and what a trough.

My main home is a room in my sisters house in London. I claim expense's for my second home which just happens to be a fully detached semi mansion where my husband and kids live back in my constituency.

Paul I am poor but can I donate a large cheque for the puchase of the ammo.

Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 10:32:39 pm »

Just curious but with what would you replace the present system?

Barry M

DARLEK1

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 11:46:58 pm »

Hi Colin H, does this mean you are married to another man and have had babies by him?

quote?
home is a room in my sisters house in London. I claim expense's for my second home which just happens to be a fully detached semi mansion where my husband and kids live back in my constituency.

As for ammo, I think the people will do that sooner rather than later, these guys just keep digging themselves deeper all the time. I see free speach in the UK has come to an end today with the stuff going on with the Dutch politician regarding HIS film about other things that have happened and are still happening, but, the Dutch Government has said it was "regretable" for what the UK government did? Lets all roll over now and give up our country!

Barry M, LETS go back to basics and look after the indiginous population first like we used to do.

Paul...

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2009, 08:34:13 am »

Paul,

My question was what would you replace the present system of government with?  Gingyer wants to shoot all MPs and you have given us a vague "let's get back to basics".  Come on, what system would you put in place to run the UK?

Regards

Barry M

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2009, 08:59:48 am »

Barry, As has been proven many times in the past this is not the best place for an in depth political discussion.  Gingyer has also quite rightly asked that we keep this good natured and I would wholeheartedly go along with that sentiment.

If anyone wants to get into a more serious political discussion then I would suggest that it is continued off line or on a political specific forum so we can keep the chit chat section at it's usual friendly level.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

barryfoote

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2009, 09:14:47 am »

Quite right Bunkerbarge.....

.....Oh and if we have an English parliament with only English MP?S.......along the same lines, they do in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, none of us could blame each other. Peace would rein on the forum and all would be well with the world. %% %% %%

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2009, 09:23:06 am »

Now, now Footski, that's a political argument and you'll annoy Bunkerbarge! I thought this section was for any subject as long as it wasn't abusive.  However, if advocating revolution and shooting all MPs is considered acceptable, I would have thought that seeking clarification of views and proposals for a 'New Order' was pretty harmless. Seems not?

Regards

Barry M

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2009, 09:36:56 am »

Whilst adhering to BunkerBarge's fine advice, may I remind the forum membership that the Monster Raving Looney Party advocated, in a recent manifesto, the addition of wheels to the houses of parliament, so that it could be moved around the country and provide more local government wherever it was needed?  :-))

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.