Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tid27  (Read 6046 times)

tubby tomo

tid27
« on: February 10, 2009, 03:58:52 pm »

hi is this model t i d still around id like to see a photo if it is any one oblige :-)

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Re: tid27
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:19:14 pm »

If it is , i got one too . but i think it's a smiley  :-) .
Not sure if its still on the water as i cant find out where it's gone , maybe not looking in the right places.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

Stavros

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:33:11 pm »

Try this bit it has dissapeared without trace in 1952 so I think it has long gone to the scrapyard in the sky

http://www.medwaymaritimetrust.org.uk/tidtugs/pages/tidlist2.html

stav

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:10:41 am »

Have you ever thought about a detective agency Dave  :-) .
well searched  :-)) .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

tubby tomo

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 01:12:16 pm »

hi sorry about last post got distracted what i should have put as any member  obtained a model of T I D 27 i built a few years back JUST WONDERED WEAR WAS

tubby tomo

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 01:31:14 pm »

model T I D 27

farrow

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 08:50:30 pm »

Hi Tomo,
It has transfered port to me, it is still in very good condition. Just waiting to be renumbered to a Chatham boat with a few other details to be altered and added.

farrow

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 04:41:56 pm »

Hi Tomo,
Just a quick note  to let you see her in her new guise as TID97, she is not yet finished there is still a lot to be done. Such as refitting the tow deck lower down in the hull, also am just finishing of making her anchor windlass next fix a dummy funnel hinge.
David

tubby tomo

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 11:57:45 am »

hi David tids looking good

tony23

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 05:06:45 pm »

Hi Tomo and David,
                           I purchased the TID from you Tomo and had some great fun with her she was my first ever boat I then also purchased a 'Marie Felling' what I did not know was the actual palaver involved with boats first somewhere to store them and second the weight of them ballasted and getting them to the lake side. The TID was my favorite out of the two and surly would of kept both boats if I did not keep knocking bits off them in the workshop.
Hi David, glad to see your pampering the old girl she's looking nice and I do miss her  <:(

Since selling the boats I have built a new larger workshop for my hobby's so am now looking to buy some boats again but this time I,m thinking of sailing boats  ok2

farrow

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 10:17:37 pm »

Hi Spamcan,
Glad to hear you have a bigger workshop, with those beautiful steam loco's I expect you need the space. Talking of steam loco's how did you get on with the one in your van, because believe me I would rather had taken that one home that day.
David

tony23

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 12:13:31 am »

Hi David,
             I have stripped it down and repainted her and also got a 5" Britannia that's why I had to build a bigger workshop :-) I have got interested in model yachts though and just bought a FairwindIII no doubt I'll be posting questions on sailing her here. O0

farrow

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 10:34:56 pm »

Nice to hear that you are building your collection up with steamers, must send me some pics when you are running them. If you can steam your loco's the sailboat will be halfpenny cake to you.
David

farrow

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 12:13:57 pm »

Hi you two I thought you might like a clearer picture of what I have been up to. I have put 10lb of lead and 2 x 12v 7amp gel batteries in her and she stills needs at least 2 kilo's to get her down to her proper working draft marks, so this winter if I rip out the decks to lower them to the proper level, I will fit water ballast tanks to replace the lead. As I am starting to develop biceps carrying round these tugs.
David

tubby tomo

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 05:22:00 pm »

hi very nice paint job she looks like to good to get wet :-))

farrow

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 08:12:36 pm »

Thanks TOMO, the hull paintwork is yours I have oly painted the upperworks, I used White ensigns buff as it reminds of the old buff that was in use before the RMAS new contracts came in. I expect someone will put me right on that statement I expect!

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 08:14:19 pm »

%)  %)  %)  %)  %)

Bob
Officially a GOG.

farrow

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 09:06:32 pm »

Hi Bob,
Yeah yeah, I know, I was expecting your comments. When I was at Chatham mid 1970's, the Oilbird crew as usual put in extra varnish in the paint to make it shine more!!, when it dried it was a light brown almost colour so they had to repaint the upperworks, gave the rest of us a laugh that week.
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.