Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TALKTALK BROADBAND AND EMAIL  (Read 8228 times)

nhp651

TALKTALK BROADBAND AND EMAIL
« on: February 11, 2009, 09:21:48 am »

I have been on talktalk free broadband because I have my telephone with them.
There is not a week goes by when at some stage in that week I either can't send/receive emails or log on to broadband.
Every time I complain, they chalk it down to adverse weather conditions.
Someone only has to have a botty burp in the street and they blame loss of service on wind.
Does anyone else have the same probs either with Talktalk or any other service provider.
I've been off line more than online since sunday.............they are absolutely hopeless.
If it wasn't for the fact that it's free and I get free local, natinal and international calls, I'd go elsewhere!!! >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*<

madrob

Re: TALKTALK BROADBAND AND EMAIL
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 10:57:53 am »

Yes i had the same problem with talktalk,it was same as you down to the weather or my computer was at fault, even though i explained to them it effected all 3 computers %). the mother in law has it got talktalk and hasnt been able to connect yet in 2 months. lucky i moved house and canceled the contract, had to buy myself out of it though, was by the far the worse service ive ever had, although having said that i seem to be having problems with BT at the moment

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 11:00:04 am »

............they are absolutely hopeless.
If it wasn't for the fact that it's free and I get free local, natinal and international calls, I'd go elsewhere!!! >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*<
You get what you pay for, if you pay nothing you get nothing ok2 ok2

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 11:05:03 am »

Yes, someone I know is also having a lots of problems with TalkTalk this week, email being delayed up to 24 hours.  :((
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 11:30:31 am »

My talktalk connection went down over the weekend - from Saturday about 12:30 for about 3/4 hour for telephony and rather longer for broadband, and again Saturday evening.  I have been with them since they started, and this is the secod outage since July 2006. 
If you google any broadband/telephony supplier and add the word "problem" or "complaint" you will find that either no company is competent, or they all have problems.  Most of the time, the problem is the customer mis-reporting the problem, quite often, and this is talktalks doing, there is precious little easily available information to enable a problem to be reported.  Plenty to allow you to buy something, nothing to actually solve problems other than sales problems. 
The talktalk connection still uses the BT line, this was OK as I still got a "blow" on the wired phone but no dial tone, so it was talktalks connection at their end that was giving the problem, probably widespread over the north west.  Whatever it was, it failed to get a mention on the service disruption page at talktalk, although there was a mention of a limited one in the Alsager area.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Proteus

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 01:05:14 pm »

I would use smoke signals before I would go back to talk talk, two and a half years of hell and it still hasn't finished, just wait till you want to try and leave. every time you phone them you go on a trip to every contenant and have to start again with all the info a complete joke , I even got a letter from a dept collect firm before I got the bill , when I told them they just said well we have the bill now you have to pay our fee, it took about ten calls to sort, I hope.
 <*<   >>:-(   >:-o

now with BT

Proteus

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 02:11:42 pm »

My mums is on TalkTalk and is always having problems the thing that really bugs me
is that she is not very computer litterate and they keep putting it down to her making
a mistake and she then accepts it, She wont let me "discuss" the matter with them <*< <*<
I believe she does pay something to it.
She has an O2 contract mobile like myself and have recommended going to their
broadband (£7.50/month) I did about a year ago and have no problems
better than AOL and their customer info/ support is pretty good

wbeedie

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 02:48:02 pm »

Heard good things about 02 but have been with sky for ages broadband phone and tv never had a problem with their stuff but would advise against tiscali,aohell and talk talk

KenP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is theBest!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 04:20:16 pm »

A friend has got Talk-talk, he's always having problems.

I use Orange . No problems

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 09:31:00 pm »

My TT is ok - went through a bad patch for a couple of months but then recovered. I think it depends mainly on the state of your local exchange.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 10:39:47 pm »

wbeedie,
I have been with Tiscali since they took over LineOne.
Haven't really had any real problems except when I changed my telephone to them.
It was sorted in a week.
When I am home I am online for at least 14 hrs a day (not all active but pc on).
Its not that bad, well not that I have found.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

wbeedie

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 10:49:31 pm »

had major problems with Tiscali but might have been something to do with the amount of downloading I done :} THEY offered me a MAC code

regiment

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 02:15:34 pm »

my wife is on bt no problems  BUT YOU ONLY GET NOTHING FOR FREE, this day and age

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 08:07:40 pm »

Hi all

A tale of woe – and laughter.   So, sit oneself down in front of the screen with a suitable dram and a cloth to wipe the spillages up you may spill from the laughter.

Are we sitting comfortably then?

The tale commenceth.   Oh yee who complain about Telewest Tiscali broadband and talk talk etc., next time you have a problem sit and ponder this:

Bluebird’s household rely on BT for their internet connection and landline.  Bluebird’s son uses the internet connection regularly for X-box 360 live games.    So, it has to be up to spec for speed – sadly, the speed of the connection for the internet has never been any good.   Numerous complaints to BT saying we are paying for 8 mgb line speed has never been achievable.  But, we do expect more than 0.5 mgb line speed – just a little faster than dial up.   So a month ago when Bluebird was working in the garage, making a mess with the new hull.   Son of Bluebird comes to the garage door – ‘Dad the internet is off completely’ and, when Ive tried the house phone that is dead.   Well, son, we will have to get in touch with BT.

So, using dad’s mobile phone which has never seen daylight for years and very rarely switched on, rings BT helpline  or tried to – Ello Mr Bluebird – you now have 3 options
Option 1, to pay a bill,    Option 2, to report a fault     and   Option 3 to start over again

I pressed option 2 – then I have another 3 options :   So I eventually got in touch with the BT – somewhere out in the Indian Ocean I believe.   Hello Sir, I would like to report a fault, Ive lost all connections – internet and telephone landline – its all dead, is there a reason for this – after all I know Ive paid me bill.   So you haven’t cut me off from the system for that!

I need to report me landline is dead.   Reply was – hello Mr Bluebird; would it not be cheaper for you to ring us back using your landline rather than using your mobile, because using a mobile is a high rate number.    Excuse me….I would ring you with me landline, but it doesn’t work, so Im ringing you on me mobile.    Put your mobile down – I will try and ring you on your landline – go on then mate, give it a try.   Fifteen minutes pass and my wife’s mobile rang – it was BT – Mrs Bluebird, there appears to be a fault on your landline – we are trying to get in touch with your husband.     So my wife gives them my mobile number.   My wife rings me on my mobile saying expect a call from BT.

I didn’t get the phone call – Mrs Bluebird got it  - again!!! – hello Mr Bluebird, no you have rang Mrs Bluebird – here is Mr Bluebird’s number – so I eventually got the phonecall from BT again.   

There appears to be a fault on your landline, but the fault appears to be in inside your property.   Would you go and disconnect everything from the phone socket ….. blab la bla – and then only plug one working phone into the socket which we had already done.

I did this to satisfy the engineer.    Then after you have done this – ring me on your landline.

Hello, its still dead….I said …. From my mobile!!!!!!!!   Have you any extensions plugged in – I said NO.

What I would like you to do, is unscrew the front of the BT socket – and I said STOP the BT socket belongs to you not me – if I tamper with BT’s wires etc., I would have to foot the bill – that is why you have BT engineers to set faults.   Oh, if we sent a BT engineer out, it is going to cost you 130 pounds – Bluebird now getting a bit annoyed.    Said….look I would like an engineer to come out asap and put this problem right.

Oh sorry Sir, the earliest we will get one out – is just under 2 weeks.   Said that is no good to me – I want engineer asap or I am going to consider changing my supplier.  Voice at other end says leave it with me – phone went dead – another phonecall from Mrs Bluebird – Ive had BT on the phone have we a problem on thelandline.   My mobile rang again – hello again they tell me you have a problem with your landline.

So….repeat all of what has been said above, literally word for word.

Bluebird really losing temper now.

Said Look since we have had this internet connection come phone line we have been promised such and such a land speed and its no better than dial up……paying for such and such a line speed. Etc. and we aren’t getting the service.

So, the guy says hold on – I will ring you back – which he does do

AND THIS IS TRUE MY FRIENDS – to increase your linespeed – would you please move your property closer to a telephone exchange.    I informed him I live in a brick built dwelling – with no wheels attached – and at this point Bluebird really steams up.  Puts the phone down.  Talks with son, right we will change our supplier.

Right o, plans afoot – rings BT and gets through the termination department to terminate contract with BT – talked with good guy there – explained all that had been said to us and that I wished to terminate contract.   To which he replied I had still 8 months left of my original contract which I would have to pay up front to get termination of contract – I then said I would go to court to fight it due to the fact that in my eyes they hadn’t kept their side of the contract.   So, already to be terminated –left it at that.  Mrs Bluebird comes home from work, sitting having our tea, Mrs mobile rings – one of the top managers of BT north-East.   Long conversation with Mrs Bluebird – very apologetic for way we been treat – would we give them 3 days to get an engineer to the house because with it being the week- end they only deal with emergency callouts – hospitals GPs etc., so I reluctantly agreed.       8a.m. Monday morning, you guessed it , not 1, but 3 BT vans outside the door – into the housewith all this fancy test equipment – you name it they had it.   Where was the fault.

300 metres down the road – in the BT junction box.

Back of the box had rotted away and it had shorted across the terminals.

Back on line within 15 mins.

2 weeks later, after literally loads and loads of calls from BT asking if I was happy with service – another engineer calls out – more test equipment – line speed adjusted a little bit.

Last Thursday knock on the door – all singing and dancing new router/hub system. 

Im that sick the new hub is still at the door waiting to be set up  :}  frightened to tamper with the old one in case I lose the line again.

aye
Bluebird
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 08:18:45 pm »

I sympathise John, and they say the private sector is far more efficient than the public one...

My PC started playing up yesterday, could get into some websites but not others (they seemed to take it in turns), email (AOL) kept going down (unusual). Suspected latest automatic Windows updates. However this morning there were OpenReach (BT) vans all over the estate and diggers making holes everywhere. Communications now fine but still lots of holes all over the place. One of the BT inspection covers has been pushing out water for weeks with the current weather so I suspect water has got into the ducts somewhere.

Don't you just love it when they try to blame you for their shortcomings?

Colin

tugboyben

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 08:31:31 pm »

hi bluebird

i have been with bt 5 year with no problems  we have the home hub it is fantastic i run my pc & my son run laptop xbox 360 all at the same time no problems by the why tell your son my son user name on xbox live is ELITEX9000

MY REGARDS JASON :-))

The long Build

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 08:46:06 pm »

AND THIS IS TRUE MY FRIENDS – to increase your linespeed – would you please move your property closer to a telephone exchange.    I informed him I live in a brick built dwelling – with no wheels attached – and at this point Bluebird really steams up.  Puts the phone down.  Talks with son, right we will change our supplier.
aye
Bluebird

I think thats brilliant. %%

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 09:04:12 pm »

Hi John as you Know I'm with BT and have their hub which I run 3 computers and phone off.
No bother and if anything has gone wrong its been sorted, no problem. :}
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Bee

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 10:33:29 pm »

Anyone got the new 50Mb cable service?

madrob

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 11:04:10 pm »

I am with Bt and been having a few problems lately, ive got the up to 8 meg too 90% of the time it runs about 0.8 the other 10% about 5meg, ive tried everything, new filters, new extension, even a new phone, i have a cordless phone and when i pick it up the line is very craclky, if i put the phone in its cradle the internet cuts off, the new phone didnt cure this, phoned Bt and got the your computer is at fault line, what all 3 of em i said? even if i disconnect the computers its still the same, crackly line and the nice posh modem hub thingy does a great impression of a blue, orange and red disco. just reset the modem one guy says, next one says dont keep resetin it or else it wont work. anyway after countless phone calls and loss of hair, they going to send me a new modem/hub to try %)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 11:11:01 pm »

Hi Bluebird..... O0  >:-o I empathise, sympathize & even  <*< harmonize at your trials with BT....... :-X

I have totally dissimilar issues with my beloved Australian TELSTRA  %%

I have one land line, one mobile number & two e-mail addresses.......  & my beloved Australian TELSTRA  said ...lets combine the accounts & we give you a 5% discount on all...sounds good  :-))

That was in July 2008....I had one bill that was as explained by one of the  beloved Australian TELSTRA  people as a catch up bill....one component was MUCH $$$ higher.....
one component was MUCH $$$ lower....my last electronic bill was on 24 August 2008 for $219.64 AUD

I have not been billed since August 2008

Now this may sound funny, but it is not....I have a re ported this issue 17 times to Telstra, have reported the issue to the Australian Telecommunications Ombudsman, have a CASE number.....have a complaint manager looking into my CASE :o :kiss: my CASE has been escallated to 'what I am not sure'

In December 2008....got a call on the mobile from my..... beloved Australian TELSTRA  asking if I as a consumer was happy with the resolution progress to date......I was very polite....didn't ask her out for dinner....but suggested that I would prefer a detailed account

One day later another call from my beloved Australian TELSTRA ...advising that even though TELSTRA may not have sent an account for settlement......it was my responsibility to pay TELSTRA for my estimated electronic/communication  usage  {-)

So I assessed all of this & rather than get a bill for $AUD4M + the promise of casteration or legs chopped offfffffffffffffffffffff, I have paid five lots of $220 in December 08 & one $220.00 in January 09

I think my case manager has flown overseas as she does not aswer my calls.....this is a true story  :-)) .....

Does any other Australian member with a new TELSTRA account number  20000XXXXXXXXXX series have similar issues?........... Derek

Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 11:26:56 pm »

Derek, I think you are due for one BIG bill  O0 {-)

I am also with Telstra for all my telecommunication needs, land line, mobile and  broadband internet, all of which is on one bill. I have to say I am more than happy with the service I have received, although I know a number of people who are definitely NOT but, I can only "call it as I see it". Because I have 3 services on the one bill I get significant discounts on all 3, which is great. On the rare occasion I have needed to call Telstra, I was dealt with quickly, efficiently, and in a friendly manner by a person who spoke "Australian", which in itself is a bonus. Unless there is a dramatic decline in the service I am receiving from Telstra, I won't be leaving.

Peter.

DARLEK1

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 11:33:43 pm »

Hi guys, I have to say that I have a BT line and AOL, I have never had a problem with either untill AOL UK got took over by the "carphone warehouse" It is now a nightmare.

I wouldn't mind normally, but, this is my everything, friends, family and business email set up and changing it would be a complete and utter end of world experience for me now.

Ah well, "the internet is so good" and all that, NOT!

Paul...

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 11:43:31 pm »

Thanks Peter....do you have one of the new 2000XXXXXXXXX series account numbers?.....when making the payments for bills that have not been presented @ TELSTRA Wollongong office ....it appears my stated issue is not unique........

I have e-mails & calls from OMPTIphone......Primus PHONE........& 27 other service providers offering better deals.........I love my OZ TELSTRA.....just wish they would send an actual monthly bill  O0 Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 11:49:51 pm »

do you have one of the new 2000XXXXXXXXX series account numbers?

Yes, I do. What does that mean? Is it good or bad??

Peter.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.