Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: TALKTALK BROADBAND AND EMAIL  (Read 8226 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: TALKTALK BROADBAND AND EMAIL
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 11:59:20 pm »

I have been on AOL for some years. Generally speaking very few problems and what there were I managed to sort out quite quickly. I recently managed to negotiate the monthly cost down from £24.99 to £14.99 for the same level of service. Download speed is around 5mb which isn't too bad. Maybe I could get a cheaper service, although we are in a rural area, but I like my email address which doesn't have to resort to something like Colinbishop5021 or something like that.

Colin

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 12:01:22 am »

Well Peter.......if you get monthly accounts & pay them ....I guess you will not suffer the following ........Derek

$AUD4M monthly account  + the promise of casteration or legs chopped offfffffffffffffffffffff
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 12:14:40 am »

Well Peter.......if you get monthly accounts & pay them ....I guess you will not suffer the following ........Derek

$AUD4M monthly account  + the promise of castration or legs chopped offfffffffffffffffffffff

Good grief!!  :o :o I hope not  %%

Peter.

nhp651

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 05:33:10 pm »

Finally got my email and internet link back after 10 days, but still NO phone line.......TALK TALK. STINKS!!! >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 05:58:18 pm »

Hi guys, I have to say that I have a BT line and AOL, I have never had a problem with either untill AOL UK got took over by the "carphone warehouse" It is now a nightmare.

that is when I got fed up with it paul and moved to O2.
the scary thing Carphone warehouses own internet set up failed big time and caused lots of problems
so to rectify it they bought an established set-up AOL europe and have made that a disaster

Proteus

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2009, 02:53:29 am »

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 10:51:17 am »

What I would like you to do, is unscrew the front of the BT socket – and I said STOP the BT socket belongs to you not me – if I tamper with BT’s wires etc., I would have to foot the bill – that is why you have BT engineers to set faults.
If the "Master Box" where the line comes in is one of the split type, about 2.5" square with a panel with two visible screws, known as a line terminating unit, then not only can you take the panel off for testing, you have to give it at least serious consideration.  The unit forms an isolation point between the internal installation which is your property and responsibility, and BTs.  Taking the lid off reveals your internal wiring connections (yours) and another socket (theirs).  Its been like that since about 1980.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

jonny shoreboy

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 12:09:47 pm »

I'm with Talk Talk and it's fine. I save a lot of money each month since I moved to them.
I used to pay £20 a month for internet with AOL, £12 pounds a month for BT phone line and about £30 a month calling home (Australia & New Zealand.)
Changed to Talk Talk now pay £17 a month for Internet, phone line and free calls (including international calls). so all up I'm about £35 a month better off and (touch wood) have had no problems with them.

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 01:05:37 pm »

>>:-( <*<Been Having trouble with Talk Talk for over three months . 4 days ago I lost email and broadband for 48hr's due to a "Tech." fault at the exchange (again!!! Been going on for 80 days))
After a lot of hassle I got in touch with one of their supervises and explained that as I am paying for a 24hr service and I am not getting a 24hr service I considered them in breech of contract .... And would bill them for costs and losses involved to change to another server... I was ask to hold on and he would see what he could do...just over 3 Min's later I had an all singing all dancing broadband connection!!!! Wonder what he did???
Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

sweeper

• Full Mayhemer
  • When all else fails, read the instructions
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 03:48:27 pm »

And you think that you have problems with Talk Talk?
The transcript of a conversation with AOL earlier this week following a changeover from AOL to Sky.

AOL - "I need to speak with Mr. X"
SWMBO - "Sorry, you can't"
AOL - "But I must"
SWMBO - "Sorry, that's not possible"." I'm Miss X, can I be of assistance?"
AOL - "No, I must speak with Mr X"

(The only Mr X was her father who passed away some twenty five years ago).

SWMBO - "That's not possible, he died many years ago". "Can I be of any assistance?"
AOL - "No I must speak with Mr X"
SWMBO - "You can't, he's dead"
AOL - " When will he be back?"
SWMBO - "I can't answer that, he died many years ago".

AOL - " If I call back in three days will I be able to speak to him?"

The remainder of the conversation is best left unpublished!

Her reason for changing from AOL was to break away from having dealings with BT (a long standing and very nasty saga).
She migrated to Sky.....
And their broadband service is, to the present time, the worst thing that has ever happened.

So when you think you have problems with Talk Talk, take some consolation from this. There is always someone worse of than yourself!

Proteus

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 05:25:36 pm »

And you think that you have problems with Talk Talk?
The transcript of a conversation with AOL earlier this week following a changeover from AOL to Sky.

AOL - "I need to speak with Mr. X"
SWMBO - "Sorry, you can't"
AOL - "But I must"
SWMBO - "Sorry, that's not possible"." I'm Miss X, can I be of assistance?"
AOL - "No, I must speak with Mr X"

(The only Mr X was her father who passed away some twenty five years ago).

SWMBO - "That's not possible, he died many years ago". "Can I be of any assistance?"
AOL - "No I must speak with Mr X"
SWMBO - "You can't, he's dead"
AOL - " When will he be back?"
SWMBO - "I can't answer that, he died many years ago".

AOL - " If I call back in three days will I be able to speak to him?"

The remainder of the conversation is best left unpublished!

Her reason for changing from AOL was to break away from having dealings with BT (a long standing and very nasty saga).
She migrated to Sky.....
And their broadband service is, to the present time, the worst thing that has ever happened.

So when you think you have problems with Talk Talk, take some consolation from this. There is always someone worse of than yourself!

sweeper who do you think owns AOL ... yes thats right its Talk Talk..

Proteus

http://www.aol.co.uk/talktalk

sweeper

• Full Mayhemer
  • When all else fails, read the instructions
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 05:46:25 pm »

Oh Proteus,
Did you have to tell me that good news?  :o

Seems strange, I've been with AOL for around 15 / 16 years (my only ISP so far) and I've not had any problems.
(Reaches for the nearest piece of wood).

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 07:01:17 pm »

Yes Talk Talk recently bought AOL UK but they are still being run separately at the moment, thank God!

I have been with AOL for a long time too and not had any serious problems and I did manage to negotiate the cost down substantially a year ago with a threat to move. I think its just that sometimes you are lucky and sometines not.

There was arecent article in one of the computer magazines which essentially said that Broadband is a bit of a lottery.

Colin

Proteus

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 08:48:53 pm »

well Colin from the day after they bought them Talk Talk staff moved in to sort them out, all the equipment is talk talk because as you will be aware talk talk have there equipment in BT exchanges so they want all there company's using it, it's cheaper I have a friend who was transfered over immediately to get them all on the same servers, they pay BT less that way.just look at the link its dual talk talk- AOL

http://www.aol.co.uk/talktalk

Proteus

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2009, 09:05:22 pm »

Quite possibly Proteus but so far I've not noticed any difference in my service. A friend who migrated directly to Talk Talk has had no end of problems.

Colin

wallace

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 08:04:18 pm »

Hi to all I have talktalk phone and broadband and with my desktop pc and also on the laptop which is wireless.I had alot of touble and now I have all the setting to do it my self after going into 192.168.1.1 there you redo the setting also turn the router of for a minute and start up again.If you go onto talk talk home page.   http://www.aol.co.uk/talktalk      and go into talktalk members then click onto members forums  all the help is there just type in what you are wanting to do and all the people who are good at pc will help you.email if you want any more info or help.
              wallace

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2009, 08:55:26 pm »

Tks Wallice
 I Need someone to sort this mess out
Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.