Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Futaba Rx's  (Read 2167 times)

Lt. Raen

Futaba Rx's
« on: June 01, 2010, 09:14:40 am »

I am more then likely getting a Futaba 6ex and was wondering if any futaba Rx of 6 or less channels will work with this Tx.
I cant see any reason why not but i just want to clarify.
This way i can get 3 channel Rx's for any future boats (got a hydro planned) that 6 channels are just overkill for

Thanks once again, Tim

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Futaba Rx's
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 09:23:24 am »

These days it's dirt cheap to get four channel RX's (which seem to be the minimum now, unless you're buying very cheap sets).

I'm using a Corona 2.4ghz conversion module on my Futaba FC16, and I'm very happy with it's performance. Cost £25 for a TX module and 8-channel receiver, extra 4-channel RX's are only a tenner, with an 8-channel RX about thirteen quid. Plus I can switch back to 40mhz when I want to for submarines and backwards compatibility.

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 10:28:40 am »

Yes you can use a 3 channel rx with your 6 channel Tx. Unless your tranmitter can assign various stick and switch funtion to different channels, you may find tha t your limited to which stick function you can use (I think for Futaba Tx of more than 4 channel, Right stick will be Ch 1 and 2 and left stick up/down will be Channel 3).
You dont need to stick with Futaba RX, there are plenyt of cheaper option these days if your not using their 2.4Ghx system. As Andy mentioned you can fit a 3rd party 2.4Ghz module (together with a RX for half of what Futaba want for just an RX), and switch between the 2 on the same TX. If you have a few boats and want a few RX's this cost effective.

Robert Davies

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 02:20:23 pm »

I am more then likely getting a Futaba 6ex and was wondering if any futaba Rx of 6 or less channels will work with this Tx.
I cant see any reason why not but i just want to clarify.
This way i can get 3 channel Rx's for any future boats (got a hydro planned) that 6 channels are just overkill for

Thanks once again, Tim

Hello Tim! (again!)

The 3ch Futaba FASST rxs do not work with the 6EX (trust me I KNOW... The expensive way...) However Futaba does do a 'Park Flyer' 4channel rx (the r6004ff) with good enough range for boats (or so I'm told) Though you'll probably find that the 6 or 7ch rxs are cheaper.

Take a look at http://2.4gigahertz.com/receivers/ go to the bottom of the page where the grid is, and find 6EX on the left hand side, you should then see the little 'x's where the compatibilty of the rxs intersect with the 6EX namely:

R6004FF
R616FFM
R6106HF
R6106HFC
R607FS
R617FS
R606FS

-Rob

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 03:09:42 pm »

I echo what Rob has said - Futaba Support confirmed the same info to me fortunately before I purchased a wrong 2.4 rx for my 6EX - be careful of some on that list as well as they may have limited range

Mind you they didnt answer my criticism of why they only produce RX for the 6EX with 7 or more channels these days - naughty practice I think as they are more expensive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 22 queries.