Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Turborix 2.4G 6 Channel Digital Programmable Radio Gear  (Read 49559 times)

red181

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Turborix 2.4G 6 Channel Digital Programmable Radio Gear
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 09:01:40 pm »

just be careful with your windows operating system on the pc if you are getting a turborix set, windows vista is currently not compatable, but they are wiorking on it. I got mine fromr2hobbies.com, bought 2, one for a friend, so shared the postage, and didnt get hit for import tax as I asked them to say it was a gift.

now, something to consider, gave the turborix its first good test, everything was fine, but the range was less than my zebra 40mhz set. It has a built in signal loss shut down, so no probs with loss of signal. I am rubbuish at distances, but if you are familiar with Newsham Park lake in Liverpool, at the widest point, I lost signal almost one bank to the other. We then wondered how much extra signal the second receiver was achieving, so disconnected it, and found that the range was exactly the same, with one receiver. The disconnected one was positioned very low (almost below waterline) at the stern, so will have to try it higher in hull then the range might be improved. In my haste getting it out, ( and very sticky velcro holding it in!)I broke a wire, so could not try to reposition it.

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 09:05:10 pm »

unfortunately this thread has sort of split, more turborix info on "not happy with dx6" in general section, sorry about that :((

Anyway, I gave it a good test today, range not marvelous, but could have been position of the 2nd receiver, look on the other thread for more results :-))

I got mine from r2hobbies.com, turborix set also known as flysky, try googling that

wideawake

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 09:23:25 pm »

just be careful with your windows operating system on the pc if you are getting a turborix set, windows vista is currently not compatable, but they are wiorking on it.

Rats, I didn't know that.  I've got mine but not had a good look at it yet.   I may have to fire up an ancient W2000 desktop machine then.   Not much use at the pond-side  :((   However I did discover by googling around various forums that a couple of people are working on Pocket PC versions of the set-up program.   Once I've got a bit more time I'll investigate that further.

Cheers

Guy

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 12:56:42 am »

A small number of posts have been merged in from the 'not happy with DX6i' thread
The computer system has done this in date/time order.
Sorry for any loss in continuity.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 04:30:56 pm »

sorry, I have lost the person who posted the question "does the turborix set need setting up on a pc everytime" or something similar, from the "not happy with dx6 merge" (I know what I mean!!)

You can set up the parameters on a limitless amount of folders on your pc, then plug into pc, and grab the folder you want, these "presets" are then your tx settings, plus obviously the mechanical subtrims on the tx.

So, setting servo throw etc must be done via pc. Its quite clever, however, it is a none digital display set, and really needs to be treated as a budget 40mhz set,( these sets will not have servo throw etc adjustments anyway) but more channels (via 2 proportional knobs, and 2 flick switches), and the obvious advantage of no frequency clash, its no more than that, and for the money, you cant really expect much else :D

They are really designed for rc planes and helis, hence some of the features, and certainly the terminology, are rc heli. I have noticed that the rweceivers are a bit fragile, so need to be mounted securely :-))

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2009, 03:38:58 am »

...I lost signal almost one bank to the other. We then wondered how much extra signal the second receiver was achieving,...one was positioned very low (almost below waterline) at the stern...

This is probably your problem.
2.4 GHz does not pass through water, unlike 27 MHz and 40 MHz.

So possibly, once the boat was far away to lose direct line of sight with one of the antenna, your problems began.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

tugs46

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2009, 08:59:41 am »

Am I correct to assume that one doesn't need to use both receivers??
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to the 2.4ghz thing :embarrassed:

Also, do the little 'wee' antennas have to be vertical or horizontal??

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2009, 09:02:12 am »

Where is the best place to get a turborix set then,only one place i can find and the postage,
doubles the price
Mark
javascript:void(0);
http://www.alebproducts.com/proddetail.php?prod=radioset002

£52.89 all in, just ordered one, don't tell the wife.

Hum....
Still not arrived after nearly two weeks. Can't recommend this firm at the moment............

tugs46

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2009, 02:36:26 pm »

Mine came from R2Hobbies, and took about 2.5 weeks to arrive.
I was able to track it, and the 'hold-up' was at the Customs Clearance Depot, where it sat for 8 days or so.

It did come as advertised and 'Duty-Free' O0

I must say that the firm seems to care about what they sell, and who they sell it to, as they sent me numerous emails.

They claim to have a 'Vista' compatable CD coming out this week.

** Oh yes....I forgot to mention that it came with two $5.00 cash coupons; redemable on furthar puchases :} :}

wideawake

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2009, 04:46:52 pm »

Am I correct to assume that one doesn't need to use both receivers??
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm new to the 2.4ghz thing :embarrassed:

Also, do the little 'wee' antennas have to be vertical or horizontal??

WRT the receivers, you don't get the choice AFAIK.  The two are joined together.

WRT antenna orientation, ideally one should be vertical and the other horizontal but it ain't critical at the ranges we use.  It does pay to get the receivers as high as possible and above the waterline.  The tiny second receiver unit should make this much easier.

HTH

Guy

Robert Davies

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 12:36:35 pm »

Where is the best place to get a turborix set then,only one place i can find and the postage,
doubles the price
Mark
javascript:void(0);
http://www.alebproducts.com/proddetail.php?prod=radioset002

£52.89 all in, just ordered one, don't tell the wife.

Hum....
Still not arrived after nearly two weeks. Can't recommend this firm at the moment............

Not looking good..... :(

http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/f34/allflight-co-uk-15255/

-Rob

wideawake

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 04:50:25 pm »

I got mine from r2hobbies.  Quite quick delivery considering it came in from HK.    They're good at communicating including regarding the Vista compatible version of the driver.  It's apparently due next week.   I'll post when it turns up (and works!).

Guy

djrobbo

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2009, 07:38:10 pm »

Hi guys....working on the assumption that my turborix 40 fm set works a treat and at an affordable price i have just bit the bullet and ordered two 6 channel 2.4 sets . really good price so fingers crossed.

regards...bob.

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2009, 08:06:38 pm »

Hi guys....working on the assumption that my turborix 40 fm set works a treat and at an affordable price i have just bit the bullet and ordered two 6 channel 2.4 sets . really good price so fingers crossed.

regards...bob.

Not from Aleb products...

After two weeks he tells they are out of stock

djrobbo

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 07:04:16 pm »

Hi frankie.......no , from r2hobbies , and i have already had back three e'mails telling me that they have been packed and shipped with a tracking no , so inless than 24 hours , ordered , packed , shipped , and a lot of information.......have dealt with r2hobbies before and they are very good

regards.bob.

craftysod

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 07:24:34 pm »

Would buy one from r2hobbies now,if there paypal system worked for me.
Ended up buying a cheap 40mhz set,just to get better half on water,
thankfully she played with springer and got the bug,now building her own boat.
This is gotta be unsinkabke,so was the titanic  {-)
Mark

djrobbo

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2009, 06:46:31 pm »

Hi guys....turborix 2.4 sets arrived from hong kong yesterday 23rd.....ordered on 18th......thats not bad from china and c e marked

Watch this space...............

regards bob,                     

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2009, 08:53:56 am »

Mine not arrived after three weeks, from Bristol...

Aleb products...one to avoid????

wideawake

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2009, 09:00:19 am »

As I've mentioned before, mine arrived very quickly from r2hobbies.    Only problem was lack of compatability with Vista.   I had an email last week to let me know that the Vista version of the drivers would be available in a week or so an another this morning saying that the CD and a replacement lead (apparently vista needs a different one) will be in the post in the next day or two.

Given I had a few doubts about all this at the start I must say the customer service from r2hobbies is superb.   I'm looking forward to playing with the set maybe next week.

BTW as was mentioned by someone else, the Tx definitely has a CE sticker.

Cheers

Guy

Robert Davies

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2009, 10:27:13 am »

Mine not arrived after three weeks, from Bristol...

Aleb products...one to avoid????

Definitely!

I'm in the middle of a Paypal dispute regarding them at this very moment.....

-Rob

victorian

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 01:07:46 pm »

I'm in the middle of a Paypal dispute regarding them at this very moment.....

Oh dear! I ordered one of these last week from Aleb products and followed up with a phone call to Dr Levi on the mobile no. he gives on his website, when he promised to email me confirmation. No confirmation or radio has appeared so i called again on the same number just now and he re-assured me that the item will go "this week". He said he'd been having some personal problems. Fingers crossed....

victorian

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 02:17:22 pm »

Just to add that I got an email from Dr Levi of aleb products apologising and explaining that his father is in hospital 240 miles away and that he's been preoccupied which is understandable in those circumstances. He assures me that he'll send the radio this week. I'll keep you informed.

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 05:14:38 pm »

Mine was ordered on wednesday 4 March,
on the following Sunday 8/3 I got an email say it would be sent as soon as he could.
on 13/3 after another email from me, he said he had a personal crisis and would deal with the order thast day.
after another email from me on 18/3, two weeks after order I got this....

DEAR FRANK:   I am not used to,  and do not enjoy,  being communicated with,  in this way.
Most people manage to send  more civil and more pleasant  emails.

Fact is:   These Turborix 6 channel sets are far more popular than we anticipated,
We have sold more than 50 ..
We sold out,  just before you Order arrived.

New shipment of Sets arrives on Fri   -and we will send you one, as soon as it come throught the door,
Best wishes to you,   Dr Allan Levi            ALLFLIGHT  UK     (& GP,  BRISTOL)

That was in answer to ....

This still hasn't arrived It's two weeks since I ordered it. Can I have a refund please?????
Frank

so it was out of stock all the time he was telling he was sending it that day...........

No response to today's email.

Robert Davies

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2009, 08:13:35 am »

No-one was quite so surprised as me to find a package from Aleb Products in the post his morning.....

My Tx/Rx arrived two and a half weeks after the order was placed.

Ain't PayPal disputes brilliant?

-Rob

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2009, 10:04:33 am »

He tells me mines coming today..............................................
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.