Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay still sucks  (Read 6549 times)

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Ebay still sucks
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 01:52:33 pm »

Special delivery has to be made to the addressee only , if not then has to be returned to the sorting office end of story the rules wont have changed from when I was a postie a couple of years back and if the above rules are broken its a disiplinary matter ,this I do know as I mistakenlty posted  one in the wrong address and got pulled over the coals for it ,luckily the letter was returned to the sorting office  by the neighbour

No this is not so.

I used this method and the guy cancelled his Paypal after delivery saying not received the goods. I went to Royal Mail and they eventually showed a signature which looked like Donald Duck - I pointed out that was not who it was addressed to and that someone had obviously stolen it - they wrote back saying they only undertake to deliver to an address not a named person, they only worry about identity if someone has to go to the sorting office to collect items.

StarLocAdhesives/FiveStar

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 05:07:54 pm »

We have lost over 300 items in the post since christmas, from 4 id`s on ebay and 2 online shops

Over 50% of the missing ones were sent recorded delivery due to price of item, they claim non recipt on paypal , we look up the number and it says......delivery has been recorded, but no signiture was obtained!

Recorded delivery is a joke, but we still use it as we need to, why cant they just get a signiture?? thats what we pay for!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 05:19:39 pm »

How on earth can they deliver without a signature?!?!?    >:-o
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2009, 05:39:16 pm »

I usualy get things delivered on a saturday, and i have often gone out on a saturday afternoon after waiting in in the morning for something to be delivered, and then i have come back to find a parcel stuffed behind the lemon tree by the door, recorded delivery, but nobody has signed.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 04:35:41 pm »

Some very good point raised here.
Lets list our personal do's and dont's for ebay.....
( Bullet points only please. )

1. Selling: Always use a delivery method with tracking or signed for.

2. Buying: Always use ebay's messaging system (tracked) to see how long it take seller to answer questions.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

The long Build

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 06:04:12 pm »

How on earth can they deliver without a signature?!?!?    >:-o

Thats why I keep saying DO NOT USE RECORDED DELIVERY it is a complete an utter joke. %%

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 07:38:40 pm »

If they don't get a signature, aren't they liable?

The long Build

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2009, 07:44:03 pm »

If they don't get a signature, aren't they liable?
You would think so.
 Just remembered when I found this  , to get a copy of the signature you have to pay an additional £2.20  and all it proves is that someone signed for it and that is not necessarily the recipient.

Royal Mail First Class Recorded Signed For
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The price of Recorded Signed For is just 72p on top of your First or Second Class postage. We aim to deliver First Class letters the next working day after collection. You can get a certificate of posting free of charge when you post First Class Recorded Signed For items at a Post Office TM branch. For details of your nearest Post Office branch please use the Post Office finder at postoffice.co.uk.
Compensation
We may pay compensation for loss or damage of an item on production of a copy of the certificate of posting.
Trackable
You can use our Track and Trace to confirm delivery of your item. This service provides added reassurance for important items and you can obtain a copy of the recipient's signature for an extra £2.20. For urgent or valuable items you should use one of our Special Delivery products.

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2009, 11:05:09 pm »

The signiture is now there online to look at and print out, it never used to be , but thats if they bother to get one

The best thing of all is that the royal mail no longer accept any claims for missing parcels if the item was sold on ebay! ( we have been told this from the man in the post office over the phone from them, and also from many sellers having it happen to them on the powersellers forum on ebay )

When/if they do accept a claim for loss they will only pay you an amount that you can prove the item cost you as the seller (not the buyer), if you can not prove the cost they will not pay out anything.

For example, buy a rare model engine for £2.00 , resell it for £200 they will only pay out the £2.00 (if you have a recipt) , even with added royal mail insurance that they desperately try to sell every time you post something, they will not pay more or cover ebay sold items.

The long Build

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 12:24:23 am »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.