Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Fish Cutter, aka " Astarte"  (Read 2553 times)

Nordsee

My Fish Cutter, aka " Astarte"
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:04:55 pm »

Here is my model in the water at last, In our friends swimming pond. Makes a super test pond! Hardly a puff of wind, but found some faults( Needs more ballast, larger rudder, sheets re run etc) But she floats and sails, sort of! Jobs in hand.

rayna

Re: My Fish Cutter, aka " Astarte"
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 08:31:47 am »

Hi, What a great looking ship. What are the dimensions and what is she a model of. Are any plans available. Finally I like the "natural" swimming pool in the pic. I am just considering converting my pool to something similar.
Regards
Raynor J

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 03:08:19 pm »

Nice model
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Nordsee

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 05:16:30 pm »

Hi, What a great looking ship. What are the dimensions and what is she a model of. Are any plans available. Finally I like the "natural" swimming pool in the pic. I am just considering converting my pool to something similar.
Regards
Raynor JThe only plans are of the full size boat.Both as a working boat and the modern converted version. This is still in existance in Bremen I believe. Google Astarte and there are some photos. She started life in 1903 as a Fish Cutter, been much modified in between, now a Yacht. There is a Mould available for the Hull,which I borrowed to mould the hull in GF. Model is 1,06 Metres long, approx 1/16th scale. and heavy! We have a Regatta this coming weekend, so will sail her there and get , hopefully, lots of advice on what I need to do !

Nordsee

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 01:33:07 pm »

OOOPPPS!! Here am I calling my boat a Cutter, and when I looked in the book, it seems she is a Ketch! Cutter in Germany, Ketch in UK. Well, she is supposed to be a Kent boat, so Ketch she is! I did think zthat someone would have pointed that out to me, never mind!

Brooks

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 03:31:04 pm »

Very beautiful, Nordsee. Do you have more photos, closeups of the deck and rigging, for instance? I'd like to see more shots :-)

Nordsee

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 08:09:47 pm »

Very beautiful, Nordsee. Do you have more photos, closeups of the deck and rigging, for instance? I'd like to see more shots :-)
At the moment she is very basic, no real detail. I did not want to spend lots of time with the small bits if she did not sail well. Yesterdays regatta proved she does sail. It was very windy, gusts that laid yachts flat, but my fishing boat stayed controllable and battered her way through the waves! Not too much lee way in side winds and she is quite fast, I think with some fine tuning she should be very satisfying boat. Now I can add winches, anchors and chains, hatches etc, I will send you some photos later. Thanks for the interest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.