Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ships Monthly Video  (Read 1504 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Ships Monthly Video
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:10:47 pm »

The latest issue of Ships Monthly has a free Snowbow compilation DVD of their Great Liners series. Some superb sequences on it, including some clasisc tugs too. Well worth a watch.

Colin

Tankerman

Re: Ships Monthly Video
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 01:48:54 pm »

Colin,

Thanks for the reminder. I bought my copy of "Ships Monthly" yesterday and spent a very pleasant hour last night watching the DVD. Did we really have so many beautiful ships sailing under the Red Duster in the 1950s and 1960s? I am glad I am of the right generation to have been part of it.

The real "lump in the throat" moment on the DVD was from the "Canberra" sequence when the bridge rang and the engine room responded to "FWE" on the telegraph for the last time.

Chris

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Ships Monthly Video
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 02:14:39 pm »

It's well worth looking through the entire collection of Snowbow DVD's.  I have two of them and they are very interesting and poignant watches.  I also have one of thier ship prints, which are absolutely superb and very reasonable, even when purchased framed.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.