Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to the site....  (Read 1400 times)

Vintage

• Full Mayhemer
    • Artisan Works
New to the site....
« on: February 18, 2009, 01:30:20 pm »

Hi all

New to this site & have been searching back through the archives - what a great resource  :-))

My main interests are vintage stuff - the sort of things I drooled over as a disadvantaged child (just kidding :}) in the traditional model shops of the past as well as earlier models - Pond Yachts, Hydroplanes & the like which, to me, document a part of social history. I spent many happy summer days at Kearsney Abbey in Kent sailing both a Sea Rover & Sea Hornet by Aerokits - always seemed a better idea than free flight flying & returning home with my beloved Mills powered Tiger Moth in a bag of bits  :((

Currently busy building, amongst other things, a steam launch (gf hull I'm afraid - sorry  :embarrassed:) & am hoping to get it on the water this summer - not tried steam, apart from the basic Mamod type, before so will almost certainly be asking all sorts of numpty type questions....

All the best

Mark
Reproduction wooden stands for the full range of vintage Star Yacht models are available from Vintage Pond Yachts

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: New to the site....
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:26:02 pm »

Welcome :} aboard
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

barryfoote

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:36:53 pm »

Welcome to the mad house. there are plenty of steam experts on the forum, so you just ask away. There is no question that cannot be answered here!!!Well thats what the boss says anyway :-)) :-))

das boot

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 05:07:06 pm »

Hi and welcome to...well, whatever it's called, welcome anyway! Steam...that's that smelly noisy stuff isn't it? Oh well, someone has to I guess.... :o

Carry on...

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.