Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shopping mall show  (Read 5595 times)

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Shopping mall show
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 02:21:47 am »

Hi John,

excellent stuff......I  hav a favour to ask you sir, I don't suppose you have an email address or postal contact details for Phil Dewsnap please, i am in the process of finishing a wooden plug for a GRP mould to build the USS Katahadin using the original builders drawings/blue prints. Phils model looks stunning and at a guess built to 1/48th scale?

I would like to know where he got his information from and if he would consider pointing me in the right direction, my model is 1/48th scale and will be steam powered, i have built HMS Polyphemus to the same scale as she was a similar design concept, a torpedo armed harbour defence ram.

Many thanks (hopefully)

Ian:

Phil, unfortunately, and despite the coaxing of many of us, doesn't have a computer. He's out of town this week. I can talk to him next weekend if you would like to use me as an intermediary. He was just over here this evening. Too bad we didn't see you post earlier.
  Phil  made a plug and did a GRP hull for his. The hull is split right at the water line.
  If you want to send me a PM with your email address we may find it easier to communicate that way.

John

ian

ian kennedy

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 11:32:35 am »

Thanks John,

PM sent

Kind regards

Ian

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 12:30:49 pm »

Thanks John,

PM sent

Kind regards

Ian

Got it Ian, thanks. I'll talk to Phil the coming weekend.

John

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 03:44:20 pm »

Hi John,

excellent stuff......I  hav a favour to ask you sir, I don't suppose you have an email address or postal contact details for Phil Dewsnap please, i am in the process of finishing a wooden plug for a GRP mould to build the USS Katahadin using the original builders drawings/blue prints. Phils model looks stunning and at a guess built to 1/48th scale?

I would like to know where he got his information from and if he would consider pointing me in the right direction, my model is 1/48th scale and will be steam powered, i have built HMS Polyphemus to the same scale as she was a similar design concept, a torpedo armed harbour defence ram.

Many thanks (hopefully)

ian

Ian:

I've got Phil here with me with regards to the Katadin. The drawings came from Loyal Hanna in 1/100 scale. Phil blew them up to 1/150 scale. The lenngth came out to about 5" long. Access is really restricted due to the hull shape, so it may be difficult to install steam power. Phil split his hull horzontally at the hull line to improve access.
  Phil said he will take some pics of the vessel apart to illustrate what he means.
I'll send you a PM with his daughter's email address for easier contact.

all the best
John

ian kennedy

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 10:13:40 pm »

Thanks John,

I am sorry if i seem a bit hit and miss contact wise.......New home, chores etc.... %%

I got your email and contact details for P.D ta very much.. :-))..as for the size of Katahadin and steam it is no problem at the scale i'm building her, steam plant and boilers will be purpose made so if it don't fit i need my eyes examining !!

kind regards

Ian
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.