Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This or this????  (Read 3226 times)

Mark47

This or this????
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:17:12 pm »

I want to build a kit next (don't mind if there is some construction involved). All I want is something stable, good looking and can handle rough water.

But I want input on the next two links

US coast guard, on it need's paint, battery and remote.

www.pegasusmodels.co.uk/detail.asp?main=Boats&sub1=Boat+Kits&ID=990744

Or this? Paint, all electrics.

http://www.modelslipway.com/  The Trent boat.

All your info needed!

saxon

Re: This or this????
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 08:17:11 pm »

Hi Mark ,The Trent is a nice build . I enjoyed it and there is a good bit of construction if that is what your looking for . But not so sure you will want to put it into rough water
after you put a lot of hard work into it !  Good luck with whatever you pick .  :-))

John

Mark47

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 05:27:55 pm »

Hi Mark ,The Trent is a nice build . I enjoyed it and there is a good bit of construction if that is what your looking for . But not so sure you will want to put it into rough water
after you put a lot of hard work into it !  Good luck with whatever you pick .  :-))

John

Hi John,

Are you saying it's brittle?

Mark47

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 05:28:56 pm »

John

Hi John,

Are you saying it's brittle?

I've ordered a Trent as there was not much feed back.

saxon

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 06:44:39 pm »

No not saying it's brittle at all . It has a good strong hull and the wheelhouse if built correctly is strong too . What i mean is that once you put many hours work into completing this model you won't feel like risking it in rough water .  Leave that sort of thing to the full scale Trent thats what they are built for . Enjoy your built

regards John

Mark47

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 07:05:32 pm »

No not saying it's brittle at all . It has a good strong hull and the wheelhouse if built correctly is strong too . What i mean is that once you put many hours work into completing this model you won't feel like risking it in rough water .  Leave that sort of thing to the full scale Trent thats what they are built for . Enjoy your built

regards John

Oh? OK. I've never built a kit before. It's always been hull & plans so not really sure what to expect. I am thinking of changing to brass stantions, just for the strength.

this model you won't feel like risking it in rough water

Ah, you've never met me {-) {-) {-). When I've built lifeboats, this is exactly what I use them for. Rough water. :-))

saxon

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 07:56:24 pm »

Ah.   I just stick to the full size ones for rough water . I see what you are thinking of with the brass stantions and here comes the but ! But on the Trent kit i think the weak point would be where the kick boards that the stantions fasten to meet the deck . it will all come clear when you get the kit . All said i enjoyed building it . Have a slipway Maggie M on the go at the moment
. Its a nice kit too .

regards john

Mark47

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 08:19:33 pm »

Ah.   I just stick to the full size ones for rough water . I see what you are thinking of with the brass stantions and here comes the but ! But on the Trent kit i think the weak point would be where the kick boards that the stantions fasten to meet the deck . it will all come clear when you get the kit . All said i enjoyed building it . Have a slipway Maggie M on the go at the moment
. Its a nice kit too .

regards john

I thought that myself. Thinking of using some spare brass sheeting I have for the kick boards. ;)

saxon

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 09:37:03 pm »

You will have a good base to work from but as you know when you beef one part up it has a knock on effect with other parts . Sounds like a nice project keep us up to date
with how your doing . I'M not up to speed with the photo thing yet . I'll have to change that . I have enjoyed this forum since i have joined some really good tips and everyone wants to help .

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.