Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: what's your greatest regret in life.  (Read 16267 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Re: what's your greatest regret in life.
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2009, 05:26:11 pm »

my greatest regret is not dropping Bryan Young's models when moving them at the North East boat show last wekend.
And here was me being "Mr.Nice Guy" towards you. Shame on you and your thoughts, but if that was your greatest regret in life then you must have had a very sad adolescence.
Notes from a simple seaman

Roger in France

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2009, 05:33:57 pm »

OK guys, this thread is getting a little pointed.

Some of you need to realise what you may think is a funny remark is seen by others as a caustic gibe.

How many times have I heard, "Oh, I was only joking" ?

I could add that I find the whole thread sad.....to remember and harbour your regrets....bah!

Roger in France

OMK

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2009, 05:16:36 am »

PMK, you like patronising people.

What is so patronising about offering to help a fellow Mayhemmer?
Is the reason of your being so uptight and so silly because nobody has ever offered you anything?
I wonder why that is.
Could it be because you are rich and healthy, and therefore never in need of any help?

Final insult removed as it was disgusting. OK an unecessary insult was given and the recipient has responded, strongly. NO MORE.
Roger in France

andyn

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2009, 05:24:49 pm »

Can this thread be locked yet? I think it has gotten out of hand and I find the subject matter of it depressing...

ronkh

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2009, 05:34:47 pm »

Can this thread be locked yet? I think it has gotten out of hand and I find the subject matter of it depressing...

I very much agree with Andyn.

I know people will say that we do not have to look but such is human nature plus - it is a bit of a maudlin subject and it has obviously started to get out of hand.

Why not have something such as "Things that have made me happy in life"? With Andyn, that would be a case of Strongbow. %% %%
Not downers like this "topic".

Ron.

andyn

OMK

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2009, 06:04:24 pm »

Since you're not quite the legal age for supping apple juice, here's one for you to look at only.
And if you ever find yourself in this neck of the woods, I'll take you to where they drink REAL cider.

Enjoy.

nhp651

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2009, 08:43:07 pm »

There's nowt wrong with the topic, Andyn.
After all, you are notably one of the most argumentative posters on this site, and I would have thought you as a youngster wouldn't have any regrets at your age anyway,and would have enjoyed the cut and thrust of taking the rip out of us old geezers who have posted,so really the post isn't within your astral plain.
It was started by me for old gits like me, and that  is a fact of life,that such as myself always do think back on their lives and say, If only I had done it this way.
It's a fact of life, and when you get older and mature a little more, you might realise that.
Regrets are also a fact of life, nothing depressing, more amusing really, and I don't think there is a reason for blocking it.
Doing no harm to anyone, and if it's depressing to you, young man, I'd start thinking about the real things in life that are much more depressing than an inocuous series of postings............like global warming thats threatening to put my house under 6' of water, Terorists trying to blow the crap out of you morning, noon and night , a parent having to hang on to their mortguage when the breadwinner has lost their job, negative equity on houses that are falling through the floor in priceor living through the deepest recession since the 1930's..........now THOSE things are depressing. NOT a simple  post on a model boat forum
I think a little perspective view on life might frighten you more that what someone might post as a simple regret in life. {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2009, 11:51:18 am »

PMK, when I stated you like patronising people, is this not true as you constantly take it upon yourself to point out other member's grammatical errors especially mine. Since when were you made Forum Head of English Language, or is it just a way of impressing your fans out there and inflating you ego perhaps??

You may well be a very educated person but making yourself look good at the expense of the shortcoming and failings of others, is to say the least, lame.

Not happy with that you have now made several damning personal comments about me which are not appropriate for this forum. You know nothing about me yet you make statements regarding what I have done for others, my health, my financial status, what I give and receive from others, these statements are inconsequential and rather pathetic from someone who's claiming the moral high ground.
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2009, 11:57:14 am »

This is now getting too personal, can this topic now be locked ?
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2009, 12:42:44 pm »

Topic Locked

Bob
Officially a GOG.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.