Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: what's your greatest regret in life.  (Read 16256 times)

Shane L

Re: what's your greatest regret in life.
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2009, 10:43:31 pm »

Greatest regret or mistake in life ?
My biggest mistake was letting a beautiful woman go because at the time I was so heavily in debt I could not lumber her with the problems I  were having at the time  <:(
Biggest regret is having no children and it ties into the first one as she was my ideal woman who could of been the mother of my kids , I have never yet met any one who comes close to her . Sad thing is I cannot remember her last name so tracing her is a no -goer  <:( <:(

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2009, 11:09:10 pm »

Firstly, GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES TO YOU GODO. :-))

Secondly, I know the feeling Shane, in my youth, I let one go off to Australia, I fancied her something chronic but she was a mates girlfriend. Being an upstanding chap, I never ever let it be known but when I saw them off and kissed her goodbye, she whispered in my ear" you ba--ard, I have been dreaming of the day you would do that, now I'm leaving and you do it now"! She was beautiful, she had fancied me all along and then she was gone forever. Went indoors, sobbed, never quite got over it, can only remember her first name and wonder where she is now.
Still, life goes on and I found the right one for me in the end... but I always wondered what happened to Sue of  Sedley House, Albemarle Road, Beckenham, Kent. 1971. (Hoping she might be a Mayhemmer)  It never leaves you Shane but you gotta move on old chap... one life, make the most of it!

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2009, 11:12:14 pm »

Just as a follow up to that, I suppose the greatest regret was my first marriage.... big mistake, wasted nine early years of life at a time when I should have been living it up! <:(

catengineman

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2009, 11:15:50 pm »

Dont regret any thing even the first marriage of 18 years JUST LEARNT from MY mistakes

R,

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2009, 11:47:11 pm »

Yes CAT,I learned I couldn't live with a drinker, just spent too long trying to make it work!

madrob

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2009, 11:48:49 pm »

Years ago way back when i was a wee nipper, being too lazy to get up and take my girlfriend at the time to work, she was runover by a drunk on the way home from a niteclub >:-o

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2009, 12:02:24 am »

Bluddy Nora Madrob, thats a tough one to live with, I don't envy you!

madrob

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2009, 12:09:44 am »

Totally changed my life that did, often wonder,      what if.............
but then i suppose we all do that

23 years ago and i still sit and think about it.you never really get over things like that

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2009, 01:12:34 am »

We've all done things we regret in our youth, our only excuse is that we were young. In older age we only really benefit from hindsight and experience so we can't hold ourselves responsible for youthfulness. It wasn't your fault mate, it was the b-st--d who got pi--ed behind the wheel. I know you will have been over that a million times in your mind but thats the truth of it.
 You can only go forwards in life, not back, I hope it hasn't restricted you too much.
Just my tuppence worth for what it's worth mate.

pneumatician

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2009, 06:38:39 pm »

Not completing my flying tuition.

Sadly with two young kids spending most weekends away from home became to much.

But I still think soaring in a Glider is one of the best experiences I have had.

Steve

morris shaw

« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2009, 12:39:18 am »

my biggest regret is not finishing writing the fantasy book i started for my son when he was about five, i was 400 pages into it with maybe 200 to go and i got distracted and it lay forgotten for a while, then the first harry potter book was published and i decided not to finish it and be accused of being a bandwagon jumper, it wasn't half bad, i could be a millionaire by now. after my near brush with death at the start of the year i decided to live the rest of my life with a fresh outlook, my sister called from australia yesterday and during the chat told me i should write a book, moderated !!!

oh and i regret not getting more done on my model of the family ringer before i took ill, i promise to get back to it as soon as i am able.

morris shaw -  account suspended.

OMK

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2009, 04:27:36 am »

Well, Mr. Shaw, as a new member, what is it like to have one of your post deleted by Admin already? (Re: Model Boats website/forum thread).  Members normally have a post deleted, or slapped knuckles, only after they have sort of established themselves. You, on the other hand, have so far managed a new world record.
Re: your book.
Maybe you'll get a whole load of followers as soon as you realise that the context in which you say "i" should actually be an upper-case "I". (Ditto on a capital 'A' for Australia).
Your profile doesn't say where you hail from, ergo we have no idea of your local dialect. Though, why not give it a whirl? If we can understand your iffy grammar then I'm sure we could make sense of your regional speech.

Good luck with your family ringer.

nhp651

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2009, 08:21:06 am »

And I thought I was a naughty boy sometimes??? %% %% %% %% :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

ronkh

grandad

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2009, 12:38:53 pm »

My biggest regret was not accepting an ofer to go on to OCS (offficer candiadite school) wen I was on AD out of 365 who took the test there was only 3 who passed and guess who one of those thre was? yep me
however I had already proposed to my girl friend (now my wife) and was taking a test to be a grapics designer for a newspaper
I passed the test at the Art school and turned down the OCS offer like an idiot
that was in 64 and by now I would be a retired officer in the US military with a sizable retirement allotment
who knows what I could have become!
now I am living day to day and am a retired newspaper man with no salery coming in, no retirement,  no goverment help at all
have severe medical problms and my GOVERMENT refuses to help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I m on medicare and that helps  bit but after all thats some of my money thats coming back to me
I am having to draw unemployment  to help my wife with the bills
I cannot be imployed due to my health situation but if I had gone on to become an officer  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

grandad

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2009, 12:57:47 pm »

Regrets? Nah. One or two missed opportunities, maybe.  ok2

Like the time in 1992 when I was given a 10k redundancy. My head said "bank it and live on it until you get a new job". My heart said "buy a boat, forget work, and see what happens - you're not thirty yet."

Head won.

...I doubt it would were the same thing to happen today.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2009, 01:03:44 pm »

Funny you should say that Andy, an Uncle left me a few grand in 1994 and I faced the same decision as you. I bought the boat. In my first season we were run down by HMS Illustrious returning from Bosnia and dismasted! This did put the rest of the family off sailing unfortunately but I carried on for years after that and was really glad I did so although I have now sold the second boat to concentrate on modelling again.

Colin

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2009, 01:07:29 pm »

Look on the bright side, Grandad. At least we're still here after 45 years. An awful lot of our contemporaries in the military of various nations never got to draw that generous pension.

Rick

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2009, 02:52:40 pm »

Funny you should say that Andy, an Uncle left me a few grand in 1994 and I faced the same decision as you. I bought the boat. In my first season we were run down by HMS Illustrious returning from Bosnia and dismasted!
Bloody hell. Did they compensate you?

Note to self: never fly Serbian flag when near the RN.

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2009, 03:08:48 pm »

If you impede a ship in a restricted channel it's your fault - it's a long story....

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2009, 04:55:28 pm »

My greatest regret is not finding out how to just let things go.
Too intense at times and got the scars to prove it.
Repeat 200 times "I must be more laid back"
Nah.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

OMK

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2009, 04:56:38 pm »

I am having to draw unemployment  to help my wife with the bills

Aw, mate, what a sad tale.
I know exactly what you mean. I've been there, done it. I don't think that there is anything worse than being potless, that gut-wrenching feeling of your lady having to work just to pay the bills and not able to do a thing about it. Not nice.
Me, I'm still potless, but I can offer the odd goodie or two if you think it'll help. Maybe a servo or a motor, or just a few bits & pieces for your models.... if I'm not being patronising.

das boot

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2009, 09:10:41 pm »

hmm..

Selling my Engel USS Patrick Henry
Selling my beloved street rod to get wed
Not buying that Mustang when I had the chance
Getting caught by the old bill for driving without insurance(it's a long story, you've all read it here)
Getting wed first time and realising after ten minutes it was a dreadful mistake
Not going to Canada when I had the chance
Getting mixed up with the wrong woman and wrecking my second marriage

Should have gone to specsavers....

Rich

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2009, 09:32:16 pm »

PMK, you like patronising people.  %)
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

john strapp

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2009, 09:31:39 am »

my greatest regret is not dropping Bryan Young's models when moving them at the North East boat show last wekend.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.