Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: St Canute Towing  (Read 4408 times)

Captain Povey

St Canute Towing
« on: February 22, 2009, 03:26:22 pm »

Hi all, This morning was a busy day at the pool side and with some trepidation in front of the crowd I hooked up the recently completed barges to my St Canute. Here are a couple of pictures of whole thing. As the St Canute was not really built for towing the hook fitted to the boat superstructure could not be used as the superstructure is only fitted over a combing and not screwed down. So as a temporary measure I removed the rear raised deck piece and flag and screwed a cup hook into one of the boat's main structural parts. Not very pretty or accurate I know but the effect was ok and it worked - well nothing sank although in the strong cross wind steering was sometimes a bit hit and miss. At one point I got tangled up with a 'footy' but the contact was at low speed and no damage was done to either boat. We eventually disengaged at the far side of the pool having slowly made our way there under a combination of power and sail. Cheers Graham.

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Re: St Canute Towing
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:22:05 pm »

cup hook or tow hook it dont matter (except to the perfectionalists) , them barges look the part  i like it  :-)) .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

kno3

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 06:27:03 pm »

Nice tug. Is it the one from the Billing Boats kit? What engine do you have?

Captain Povey

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 07:49:16 pm »

Hi and thanks for your kind words Portside ll. The barges are from Deans Marine. Yes Kno 3 it is the Billings kit with the Robbe 'power 400/35' 6v motor running off a 7.2 v rechargeable battery pack. If you want to see more detail there are more pictures on this site. Cheers Graham.

kno3

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 08:27:13 pm »

Where?

Captain Povey

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 08:43:38 am »

Good question, Where?. I tried typing 'St Canute' into the search window and the only thing that came up was my last post. I will have another look and get back to you. Cheers Graham.

Captain Povey

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:56:18 am »

Hello again Kno3, Ok I searched my posts and came up with 'Billings boats St Canute' try that in the search box. Cheers Graham.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 09:06:32 am »

Hi Kno3

Carried out search by clicking on "Home" then entering Canute in the search box, had lots of results.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Captain Povey

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 09:21:50 am »

Thanks for your help Richard. I will learn to use this site properly one day. Cheers Graham.

kno3

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 02:42:11 pm »

Hello again Kno3, Ok I searched my posts and came up with 'Billings boats St Canute' try that in the search box. Cheers Graham.

Thanks Graham, now I've found it. Nice to see al those St. Canute models. As a matter of fact my steam tug stated as a St. Canute kit too, but I changed it substantially (the only thing that's almost identical is the hull, just a bit elongated). You can see it here: http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=11688.0

Captain Povey

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 02:56:40 pm »

Hi Kno3, I had a look at your posts a bit earlier and thought I saw a hint of the St Canute in your boat which incidentally is a superb example of some very fine modelling. Congratulations on your fine workmanship, it is at a level that I can only aspire to. Cheers Graham.

kno3

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 03:01:20 pm »

:embarrassed:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.