Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Heng Long Tank  (Read 22647 times)

andyn

Re: Heng Long Tank
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 09:39:06 pm »

You're right, there are many inaccuracies, but it's one hell of a model for £40. I'll get round to sorting them out soon.

I took mine to my radio club this evening and both all the elderlies and the 10 year old didn't want to let go of it. We had competitions to see who could shoot the polystyrene cup, then ran over it a few times. Climbed all the mud hills. Great fun. When you're having as much fun as that you don't even care about the inaccuracies. I think models being accurate is just for when they're at home or on display, not for when you're playing with them :-))

BlazingPenguin

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 09:41:56 pm »

I think the 'mistakes' were intentional, the HL is a straight copy of the Tamiya, that was their way of saying there were plenty of differences so it wasnt a copy. I think theyre great for the money, pity they dont do a T-34, I think the only way is convert another less well equipped offerings.

WishList = A T-34, Sherman FireFly and a King Tiger.    :}

andyn

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 10:05:04 pm »

You're most likely right.

My wishlist is a Challenger 2 and some form of amphibious AFV. It would be great to convert an APV to proper radio gear O0

Wasyl

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 01:10:08 am »

A T34/85 you do get them in 1/16 their made by WSN,there full rc ,they are a bit thin on the ground now,a couple of years ago there were loads on ebay,but now just the odd one,as for a KT,you can get the 1/16 Matorro,version,there good value for money,or you can dig really deep and buy mine,see pic {-)

wullie

Wasyl

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 01:26:10 am »

I think the 'mistakes' were intentional, the HL is a straight copy of the Tamiya, that was their way of saying there were plenty of differences so it wasnt a copy. I think theyre great for the money, pity they dont do a T-34, I think the only way is convert another less well equipped offerings.

WishList = A T-34, Sherman FireFly and a King Tiger.    :}
You want a T34/85 here you are,item number 260426482009, 99euro,s + postage,this buyer accepts paypal,its a Torro,which is in fact WSN,all on German ebay,

Wullie

Wasyl

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 01:35:43 am »

Or what about a Sturmtiger,item number 110428816970,only 13 real one,s ever made,it could lob a half ton shell 15km

Wullie
i,m just a mine of info when it comes to Tanks,albeit German,

Wasyl

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 11:01:16 am »

Here,s a Kingtiger for you,item number,320412189976

Wullie

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 11:11:16 am »

Wasyl.

Why have you put red flowers on your tank ? %) %)  {-).

Nice king tiger though.

Regards Sub.

Wasyl

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 11:51:26 am »

Perhaps this is a beter pic,or two

Wullie

BlazingPenguin

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 07:12:59 pm »

Aye....yer big 1/6th scale girlies look great Wullie, wish I was closer to have a wee look.

I would love to have one, but very expensive and would probably have to forego other toys, maybe even sell some boats.

Just wish we had a dried summer up here, I was loooking forward to getting some more work done on a stand-off scale Tiger Im doing.

andyn

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2009, 07:25:02 pm »

Well you did say stand off scale, I'm not sure they were commanded by ginormous dogs ;)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2009, 07:50:57 pm »

If he's crewing it with dogs would not a Doberman be more accurate ?  {:-{
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Wasyl

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 08:52:34 pm »

Dobermans,there for girlies, {-)Now if it was a Russian Terrier,he would,nt need any other armament on it,

Wullie

kiwi96

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 08:46:55 am »

Here is some footage of my Walker Bulldog from Heng Long. I also have 3x Tiger 1s.

Cheers, Adrian

Wasyl

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2009, 11:04:31 am »

God, its like spot the ball???neat camo,i,ll hazard a guess and say left of centre,or at the base of the tree,

Wullie

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2009, 01:02:13 pm »

Good god Wullie just click on the picture. %)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Wasyl

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2009, 07:50:11 pm »

{:-{ {:-{ {:-{ {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)Ok,so I,m not the brightest pea in the pod, {-) {-)

Dimsun Wullie {-)

The long Build

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2009, 07:58:05 pm »

Was that the stig driving it at the end  :}

ixion

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 07:34:37 pm »

Hi guys thought I would revive this thread. I was wondering, I afncy getting a R/C tank to play about with during the winter any recommendations as what to get and where from? Thanks. 

ixion

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2009, 05:30:06 pm »

Thanks for the links Richard. I assume the Tiger is the most popular going by the amount of detail bits for it. I also like the Bulldog tank but doesn't seem to be many add ons for that!

I see Hobby Engine do a M1 Abrams Battle Tank anyone any experience with these?

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2009, 12:21:27 pm »

Keep an eye on eBay.  They generally go pretty cheap but if you're lucky you could pick up a real bargain.  I have just bought one second hand but in perfect condition and in it's box.  It had metal tracks and gearboxes, metal cupola, speed control, smoke and sound, zimmerit, brass etch engine grilles and all for £100.00.  Very pleased and the metal tracks look fantastic going over rough ground.  It's going to get some detail and a weathering job when I can stop playing in the garden with it!!
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Nordsee

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2009, 11:04:31 am »

The quality of early Heng Long products was very dodgy, improved no end now. I have a Pershing, the Grandchildren love it, as I do,lots of faults in detail (Pershings were rough cast hulls, not smooth, but who cares!!) I took the Yank  Commander out and with some filler and paint turned him into a Brit, complete with Beret and Tank Regiment badge! Somewhere ,sometime ,maybe some Brits drove Pershings! When equipped with the British 17 pdr gun, they were "Tiger Killers," and were very effective, had a long history, served in Korean War as well.
  If you want 1\16th scale bits and bobs for them, try Imperial Models here in Germany, they have loads!! Even do an exchange service for Gearboxes etc. Speak English, worth a try!

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2009, 03:14:17 pm »

This is my Jagdpanther undergoing a re-paint to match the weather!!

Russ

Wasyl

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2009, 03:27:59 pm »

Henlong Jagdpanthers are very good value for money now,you can get an all singing and dancing version for £79 +postage,compared to a £120 this time last year,the same goes for the Stug and the Panzer111 and the 1V,..The Mattoro Kingtiger is another good buy,then there,s the 1/24 VS tanks,, Forces of Valour are doing the 1/24 scale in Rc also,with the Sherman and Tiger

Wullie
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.