Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wendy Richard...  (Read 1971 times)

das boot

Wendy Richard...
« on: February 26, 2009, 06:17:50 pm »

I'm no fan of Eastenders, but I always fancied Wendy Richard for some perverse reason. Another one of the countries best actresses has gone...

RIP Wendy.

Rich

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
Re: Wendy Richard...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 06:22:39 pm »

i will always remember her as Miss Brahms in Are you Being Served................  Nice pins!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

craftysod

maninthestreet

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 10:52:24 pm »

i will always remember her as Miss Brahms in Are you Being Served................  Nice pins!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

She helped me through the early stages of puberty, but she never knew it

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:05:38 pm »

I always liked her performances as the screechy cockney bird in Dad's Army.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 11:28:40 am »

At least she went with Dignity, unlike some.

garston1

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 04:45:44 pm »

Here Here!!

regiment

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 07:11:47 pm »

as you say went  with courage and dignity not like you know who splashed all over the papers must be hundreds of women in the same  position are they in the paper day in day out  of course not they have DIGNITY

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 07:29:28 pm »

I think we should be more circumspect in our comments. One of the features of cancer is that it strips away your dignity and can destroy your personality as I know from experience in my own family. People you love can be changed beyond recognition and reduced to a pitiful state and that is a very hard thing to witness.

There is also quite a bit of difference in the attitude between somebody who has lived most of their life and can reconcile themselves to their fate to some extent and somebody who is in their youthful prime with everything to live for and who faces the prospect of being extinguished in great pain and fear.

A little more compassion would be in order. You may think that if it happened to you you would be brave and stoic but in reality it often doesn't work out that way. Dying can be a painful and nasty business and is frequently undignified and messy - that's why it doesn't get reported. Just pray that when it is your turn it is quick and easy.

Colin

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 08:15:04 pm »

I agree with Colin. Watching parents die is not an "item" for newspapers. Having said that, why do some people feel the need to hire low-lifes" like Max Clifford to publicise their suffering....and the then the newspapers will of course gleefully gobble it up. There is a very distinct difference between the reported interviews with Mr.Snow (re his wifes dementia) and the paparazzi style of wanting a pic of Jade in her dying days. Pretty sickening (by both the victim and manipulator). BY
Notes from a simple seaman
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.