Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the 3 wires coming out of bl motor  (Read 1751 times)

DLM

the 3 wires coming out of bl motor
« on: February 27, 2009, 04:34:40 am »

I run 05/540 motors till now in rc boats 22" type. Why is there 3 wires out of bl motor and there job or purpose. Another ? is if all 3 wires coming out of esc are same color, how do you hook them up. I've a lot to learn bl's but want to know and learn as much as possible, thanks in advance.

dan

Re: the 3 wires coming out of bl motor
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 07:18:27 am »

hi DLM,
i don't know much about these motors but Ive just used my first one in a model and i had the same problem when it came to fitting the speed controller to the motor, but i think as long as the  middle wires are connected to each other it doesn't really matter if you connect the other two pairs the wrong way round, the only thing that will happen is that the motor will spin in a different direction.   
hope this is a little bit of help to you.

andrewh

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 08:17:41 am »

The 3 wires in a Brushless motor are all exactly the same, so they should be the same colour. 

You connect ANY of them to ANY of the 3 wires from the Speed controller, and now there are only two possibilities - the motor will either turn the direction you want, Or the other direction :}

If it turns the wrong way disconnect any 2 wires and reverse them - the motor is now running the way you want!

There is more brushless discussion and information about this and other topics at
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13538.0

Please ask if there is anything else that you would like to know
andrew

stallspeed

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 08:23:59 am »

I run 05/540 motors till now in rc boats 22" type. Why is there 3 wires out of bl motor and there job or purpose. Another ? is if all 3 wires coming out of esc are same color, how do you hook them up. I've a lot to learn bl's but want to know and learn as much as possible, thanks in advance.
Don't confuse Dan's "other two pairs" with the power cables.

Of the three that go from esc to motor,swapping any two will reverse the rotational direction of the motor.

The brushless motors are 3-phase AC so the motor supply polarity is dependant on the timing.See the diagram http://www.physclips.unsw.edu.au/jw/flash/3phase.swf
(needs a flash plugin)

DLM

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 03:48:18 am »

Thanks all! I got it running and have a mini-tack and got 26,640 rpm on a 28-45-3600 on a 7.4-3850 lipo on  a carbon fiber s29 ( 629 ), i'm not kicking!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.