Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with SWMBO's new aquasitition  (Read 2779 times)

catengineman

Help with SWMBO's new aquasitition
« on: February 27, 2009, 09:15:24 am »

Hi ALL,

Tis catengineman on the help desk once again but sorry it's not for models  %%

Spanner came home the other day with a Carl Lewis air walker thing from the local Charity shop.

Cheap at £10.00 was one of her reasons for its purchase, so now we have this delightfull item in the house, so here is the quest should any of you decide to take it.

HAS ANYONE GOT A SET OF INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE IT.

Been trolling the net for them but all I seem to get is site's that want to sell me another one >>:-(
so I have turned to the people that can end this dilemma.

R,

swordfish fairey

Re: Help with SWMBO's new aquasitition
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:32:40 am »

Hello mate, is it anything like this? My missus has one of these for her brittle bone problems, it is a Carl Lewis air walker, eliptical trainer model ELP 30.
If it is, I can scan the relevent ages and send you a them........ :-))..........Smudge

catengineman

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 01:56:54 pm »

Hi there swordfish fairey,

Sorry no the one she brought home (had delivered that is) has no wheel thing its just a stand on and wiggle your arms as your legs go ape

well thats what it looks like when I watch spanner on the thing :}   Hope she dont read this or I'll get another bashing %%

see pic below

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 03:59:21 pm »

I don't have instructions, but these sort of things are in every public area in China.

This is how I use them.

Stand on the platforms with your toes right up against the stop/wall at the front of the footplates.

Swing your legs as if you were walking, so just a scissor motion really. The handles are more for balance, but you can shift some of the effort to your arms (pull/push) to work the upper body as well.

Vague, but I hope it helps.

Mark
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

amdaylight

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 04:08:14 pm »

What these kind of things are used for is a place to hang the odd shirt, coat, clean laundry to go some where and last but not least a place for SWMBO to hang  purse and jacket on when she comes home. Well at least that is all the ones that my SWMBO dragged home ended up doing (well I did the dragging).  ;D O0 {-)

Andre
over yonder in Portland Oregon

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 04:14:47 pm »

This is how I use them.

Swing your legs as if you were walking, so just a scissor motion really. The handles are more for balance, but you can shift some of the effort to your arms (pull/push) to work the upper body as well.

Vague, but I hope it helps.

Hang on.....  :o

That sounds like that old fashioned thing.... erm.. erm (it will come to me...erm)...

Oh yeah... "Walking"...

tolnedra

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 05:37:54 pm »

This brings to mind a tale from my days as a parade instructor at HMS Raleigh. A class leader from one of the classes of young sailors was about to give an order to his class to Mark Time, but couldn't remember the command, so he said "Quick March, but don't go nowhere!"

Danny

catengineman

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 07:12:45 pm »

Thanks TT but spanner is adamant that there is more to this than that,  >>:-(

I have been on the thing and if your balance is out you can wobble like a weeble and fall down! spanners balance is err  <:( not that good possibly on account of her bi# ### ####
 I wish she would stop hitting me!

R,

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 07:57:49 pm »

Hi Cat

For all the information you could possible need on the use of these, then may I suggest going to the advertising channels on the TV.

There always seems to be someone using these and demonstrating it from all angles. Beware as it can get quite energetic, and sometimes looks quite comical.    ;)

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

catengineman

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 08:08:33 pm »

Hi Tug----Kenny

I agree with you on the "sometimes looks quite comical"  {-) If I could get a video clip of the spanner while she is on it I could get £250.00 (isnt that the going rate for you been framed clips) but every time I go any where near her and that thing she gets OFF  :} with a remark or some thing under her breath.. {-)

This house knows OH to well about the shopping channels "16" "22" etc etc and apparently this thing is a "bargain?" " they sell out very quickly" "they help you get fit ans stay trim"

(Best you get on it and stay there for a few months then ) went down like a lead balloon   I wish my bruises would go down as quick  {:-{

I would like to give her the instructions, that way it may do what the TV says that it can, but I doubt it  {:-{

R,

craftysod

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 08:58:10 pm »

Wire it up to a generator,while the other half is walking on the static zimmer frame.can charge batteries for your boats,
renewable energy

omra85

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 11:19:55 pm »

These must be an old invention as I'm sure they must have been round in the 40's and 50's!
Of course, they weren't advertised on TV for some reason ....  but almost everyone knew the instructions for them.
-
-
-
-
all together now -
-
-
-
-
"you put your left arm in, your left arm out, your left arm in and you shake it all about....."

Danny
 %%

OMK

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 11:37:22 pm »

Cat,
You make me wince everytime you refer to your missus as 'Spanner'. Reason because, around this way, the term spanner is... Put it this way, it's the total opposite meaning of anything endearing. If you poor missus knew the Somerset meaning of the word I'm pretty sure you'd end up with more than just a few bruises from her.  ;)

By the by,
FLJ contacted me recently; says you were trying to get hold of me. I dropped a PM your way. Did you not receive it?

catengineman

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 09:11:12 am »

Hi PMK,

I am aware of the different terms  :D and so is the wife  %%

I would think that the explanation for the reason would clarify the use,

Many years ago a young and very beautiful woman and I met in a pub, being the way I was then I wanted to talk to her so I said if that she was in my tool box she would be the best spanner in there.

"WHY"

because every time you are near my n#ts go tight!

we have been together (on and off due to other reasons) for 30 years.  and that's another story >:-o

Sandra even signs letters and cards to me " Your Spanner"

And now for something completely different....... Modeling  {-)

I did get a PM and tried to email you so maybe that is where it has all gone awry, I have an idea but not very good with the electric magic smoke stuff.
I have made one of your 3 way power panels but I would like to make another only slightly different I would like to have two variable outlets and one at the input voltage.
It looks easy but that is where I have to say looks can be deceiving <:(
I have tried the panel I have and the variable outlet works both items OK (one at a time) so that is where I got the idea.

R,

OMK

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 10:05:44 pm »

No - nothing in my PM box from you.
I'll get my home email adress to your live.co.uk address and perhaps we can take it from there.

catengineman

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 10:11:55 pm »

Ok thanks  :-)) I'll look out for your addy then try to set out what I am thinking of

R,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.