Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: high speed internet?  (Read 1363 times)

Hagar

high speed internet?
« on: February 28, 2009, 10:20:31 pm »

I have read today that the local boffins at Denmarks technological University, have figured out and succesfully tested an Internet/network with a transfer rate of one TERA byte; 1000Gb. Now thats pretty darg quick. 80 DVD films a second fast! Or EVERY phone call in europe at the same time.

Now they just need to figure out how to get it out there!!!!

catengineman

Re: high speed internet?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:24:35 pm »

Ah yes speed  :-))

Little brother has a super fast internet and yes it is quick but the fastest that is possible is in relation to the slowest part in the chain in his case his steam powered tower running millennium edition of windowZZZzzzzzzz

R, :}

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 10:31:59 pm »

better than TALKTALK
they take 16 days to get a single telephone line working. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 10:33:17 pm »

Ha 1000gb ,i am lucky if i get 50kb and thats on a good day (when the tide is in) tried to get a better connection but bt is the only co that will connect me  >>:-(.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

Hagar

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 10:44:32 pm »

Just been on DTUs' website, Seems like they are working on a new internet! Well routing system at least.
The reason the net is so slow at times is, as pointed out, bottlenecking. Consider data as a letter, The letter is posted down the wire, but it dont know where to go, so it stops at evey letterbox to check, if not the one its sent to it goes on to the next. Strangly enough, the royal mail figures this one out yonks ago. All the letters, to Lonon just put in a big sack, the whole sack gets sent to London, then gets sorted there! This is what they are trying to do, only with data. Package data going the same way so it gets sent out in big lumps and as the package gets send round, the new router system will pick off the data as it gets to the main ip address, town, if you like, the road then house nr.

So Once they get the super fast network, AND the faster routing system things are really going to fly.
Untill that time I will just have to settle for my 20Gb line and learn to type faster.

andyn

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 10:55:17 pm »

The US government have had 1Tb internet going for ages, but don't tell anyone, hushhush

TalkTalk are useless, but when my nan switched to them and they declared 16 day transfer, she rang them up and said that she's housebound (which she is), that she had MRSA but got over it (well she did have the SA bit, but it was easily treated), and the switchover time.....

....1 hour

Now you know what to do :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.