Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Why this Text talk  (Read 5890 times)

Stavros

Why this Text talk
« on: March 01, 2009, 12:34:42 am »

Why on earth do people have to revert to being lazy on this and other forums by using daft letters  eg. WHY........... what have you got
Is it a sad case in this modern world that we live in that some people just cant be bothered in talking a language that we all can understand,personally I think it is dammed rude to do so not everyone understands this text talk gibberish I for one cant stand it let alone understand it.Before anyone gets on his /her high horse and posts a link o what it all means I FOR ONE DONT WANT TO KNOW if I can speak let alone type well everyone else can STOP BEIGN SO LAZY .rant over

Stav

DARLEK1

Re: Why this Text talk
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 12:37:27 am »

Nice one Stavros, enough is enough!
 BTW, IIOTB

Paul... :-) ok2 ;D

Stavros

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 12:39:32 am »

ARGH even Darlek1 is at it I give up Nos Dawch(good night)

Stav

DARLEK1

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 12:42:06 am »

I was taking the mick mate, By The Way, I Is Off To Bed.  LOL. :-)

:-)
 Paul... :-))

hopeitfloats

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 02:19:44 am »

absolutely agree. a lot of the time they only drop 1 or 2 letters so why not take an extra 2 seconds to spell it out properly so normal people can understand.

catengineman

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 08:32:20 am »

So thats SHMBO out of the window then  {:-{ the text talk not the wife, just to clear things up on that score  :}

I do know what most of the text talk is but try not to use it

R,

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 09:26:32 am »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

nhp651

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 10:33:47 am »

WTHAYLOA {-) {-) {-) %% %%

OMK

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 10:42:51 am »

Would that be, "What The Hell All You Lot On About"?

nhp651

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 03:19:33 pm »

yep!!    :-)) :D :D

regiment

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 03:33:39 pm »

is it because they cannot spell

IRI5HJ4CK

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 03:53:15 pm »

Kids use it when they are texting, the whole reason it started was because of the phone company's charging money per letter, so thats why they cut their words. Then from there, it became the normal way to talk on the internet, girls are the worst offenders {-)

I'm only 14 myself, but I don't use text talk, sounds silly, in my opinion!

Jack :-))

catengineman

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 04:07:57 pm »

Kids use it when they are texting, the whole reason it started was because of the phone company's charging money per letter, so thats why they cut their words. Then from there, it became the normal way to talk on the internet, girls are the worst offenders {-)

I'm only 14 myself, but I don't use text talk, sounds silly, in my opinion!

Jack :-))

Also they had a limit on the number of characters you could send in any one text message.

Now with the relaxing of some of the restrictions that phone companies use normal talk is slowly coming back (in my family any way)

Good to see you using full words there Jack

R,

OMK

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 06:10:51 pm »

I think so-called txt-spk maybe originated from the ladies in the typing pool. Short-hand typing, as it was known. Radio Hams also use a form of shortened text - especially those who use Morse code. For instance, the letters C and Q (seek you), and K (acknowledge), etc, etc. This obviously saves a lot of time when typing on the Morse key, so shortened text can be useful in the apropriate fields.

Personally I loathe mobile phones and the inane gibberish which comes with text messaging. A recent text ended with 'TMB'. It took an age to realise the caller wanted me to text him back.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 06:43:42 pm »

Dear All,

Homo Sapiens started out with grunts and strange noises, and it seems the next generations (God help us all), are rapidly making a re-discovery and reverting back to the future with it.

Mind you, with the way the understanding, mastery, and teaching of the English Language is going it will probably be an improvement! You only have to listen to Radio, TV, and read even sadly the local Rags - let alone any of the National Press - to see what the standard of knowledge is these days. Oh well... I think they call it progress............. or as our dear friend Tony Blurr called it, "ejucation, ejucation, ejucation"............. Anybody seen any improvements since that was said by any chance.........? - oh, apart from blatantly manipulating the statistics and making exams easier to pass of course!

Regards, Bernard

catengineman

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 06:57:06 pm »

I agree with you there polaris

apart from blatantly manipulating the statistics and making exams easier to pass of course!

Regards, Bernard

I was in discussion with a youngster about his upcoming exam for motor technologies I got out my old course work and showed it to him, this chap is about to become fully qualified, he was lost!
He has his qualification ! what he was starting after three years of training I had done in the first year!

Help I want to get off!

R,

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 11:27:26 am »

The common excuse is "I'm a bit dyslexic".
No just Lazy.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 01:17:10 pm »

Hi cat....  Understand what you are saying. 
There was a TV program a year or so ago where some 16 year olds were taken back to 1950's schooling.

They had an exam on the first day and a lot of them did quite badly, but they felt rather sick when they were told it was the 11+ exam they had taken.

I looked at GCSE maths paper the other day and could not believe that it was the culmination of a 2 year course.

Its probably just me!
regards Roy

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 02:32:32 pm »

... my young lad is on the same way (age 15)... if he wants something and I don`t understand I switch my ears off and don`t care about what he say. It all sounds like a verbal breakdance to me...
When he stated, that he had clearly mentioned that he needs to be brought to the station- and now he`s missing the train, I remembered him that he probably might one of the best in that blloming short-forms which nobody can recon, but the D in school in German language say it all!  :police:

.... back to the workbench....

Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

garston1

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 05:02:37 pm »

Hru? Gr8 2 c u. lmao  g2g 

DARLEK1

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 09:54:03 pm »

EH? >>:-(
 Paul... :-)

andyn

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 11:22:31 pm »

Hru? Gr8 2 c u. lmao  g2g 
EH? >>:-(
 Paul... :-)
How are you? Great to see you. Laughing my *donkey* off, got to go :-))

andyn

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 11:36:10 pm »

New competition for people, translate the Chav O0

"yeah boii i woz wit me mar j init, n i woz smokin a blem n dat gal saw me n she woz checkin dis mandem out init"

Prizes for the winner, a sense of acheivement, and the label official MBM Forum Chav ;)

The long Build

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 11:46:56 pm »

Not so much about text talk  but on the same lines.

"This is a parody of the song that made English teachers cringe, "The Way I Are" by Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj6QqCH7g0Q

DARLEK1

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 12:23:12 am »

The ----------wheels-------------have come off >>:-( <*< <:(

Paul... ok2
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 23 queries.