Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: markings  (Read 2216 times)

chromedome

• Full Mayhemer
markings
« on: September 30, 2006, 08:00:33 pm »

I need to be painting helli pad landing circles and gun turret red safety zones circles in 1/96.  The way i am thinking 0f doing it is to scribe the arc with a compass point and use that as i guide....any tips please.

chromedome

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: markings
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 12:25:45 am »

I usually use a compass cutter on very thin plasticard, paint it off the model and fix with thin smear of epoxy,

Bob
Officially a GOG.

dunkyg

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 02:16:18 am »

hey chromie,

did you solve your problem with lines?

i have the same prob with my type 45 and i discovered computer pritable decal paper in A4. amazing stuff, put all your lines, hatches, numbers, markings, whatever, on a page in your computer, put this fancy paper to the top of your paper tray, and press print! it is clear apart from what youve printed so just cut it out, soak in water as usual for a few moments, then slide off onto your model!! cost about £2.50 a sheet, well worth every penny.

sinjon

• Sinjon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 08:01:58 am »

Another way is to get a ruling pen attachment that will fit your compass, thin the paint enough to flow, but not dump.
Assuming you can still get such things in this day and age. I still have a couple from my days as a technical illustrator, and use them occasionally. Always do a few practice ones circles until you get the paint consistency right.
Colin

chromedome

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 02:32:13 pm »

What i did for the helopad was this.I used the needle on my devidersto scribe 2 circles{inside one 3mm smaller] and used a scapel to scrape the grey paint from between them,reveilling white plasticard.Worked ok.

chromedome
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.