Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Pride and shame of the Luton Military Welcome Home Parade  (Read 12811 times)

regiment

Pride and shame of the Luton Military Welcome Home Parade
« on: March 11, 2009, 01:59:40 pm »

yesterdays parade. some one should  have shouted  halt. face right . fix bayonets charge ENGLAND  for ever  >:-o >:-o

wbeedie

Re: Pride and shame of the Luton Military Welcome Home Parade
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:10:34 pm »

seen this on another forum and the reaction was pretty much the same and as an ex service man I agree ,the armed forces are due respect for the work they do with the poor resources they have

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 03:40:36 pm »

Just looked this up on The Times online and as another ex serviceman totally agree. At the same time that is why we and others before us served, protection of free speech and democracy.
Not a rascist, never have been but if these people really believe what they say then they can leave the western democracy that protects them and go to a land that shares their views.

DARLEK1

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 04:20:17 pm »

Yup, deport them back home, they are living here by choice, would they get a choice back home?

Paul... <*<

nhp651

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 04:27:54 pm »

The problem is, lads, that these scumbags are probably white english thugs that have been brought up in this free country of ours, and live under the deluded aprehension that if we don't defend our shores against fanatical radicals, they will leave us all in peace and stop growing opium, stop developing nuclear weapons grade plutonium, stop indiscriminate terrorist attack against innocent human beings and forget we exist.
some b****y hope. >>:-(

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 04:31:55 pm »

These "protesters" are so thick and so well indoctrinated that they invariably blame the wrong people. But the Muslim fraternity isn't solely to blame. I would reckon that there are at least as many, if not more, "proper" UK civilians that blame the troops for everything including the weather. These are the people who have closed down the once superb medical facilities available to the armed forces because it is "cheaper" to just bung them into a mixed sex General Hospital ward.....as long as they are not wearing a uniform. These kind of people are more commonly known as politicians, NHS Beaurocrats, Labour Party "lefties" that actually hate the idea of an armed service of any sort and sundry others I'm sure you can come up with yourself. But top of the dung heap has to be the the "man" who was at the top, and his sidekicks including McAfferty. I think after 30 years in the RFA I'm entitled to my little rant! BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

garston1

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 05:04:13 pm »

If the tables were turned and the protest was in Afghanistan with English protesters protesting against Afghans / Iraqis, the police would have rounded them up and they'd probably be part of a motorway by now. Only in this country would this be allowed to happen. There's Democracy and there's taking the *i**. The only two arrested were supporters our soldiers. How scared is everybody of upsetting these minorities. I really do despair of the future of our once great country. <:( <:( <:(

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 06:50:25 pm »

Topic renamed.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Stavros

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 07:12:21 pm »

Ok sirry but I did not see the news yesterday so what have I missed

Stav..feeling out of it

barryfoote

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 07:13:26 pm »

If the tables were turned and the protest was in Afghanistan with English protesters protesting against Afghans / Iraqis, the police would have rounded them up and they'd probably be part of a motorway by now. Only in this country would this be allowed to happen. There's Democracy and there's taking the *i**. The only two arrested were supporters our soldiers. How scared is everybody of upsetting these minorities. I really do despair of the future of our once great country. <:( <:( <:(

I am saddened, but not surprised by the antics of those people. I love my country, but it went to the dogs, years ago and is the main reason, I left it. If you look at the figures, many good, hard working and decent people are leaving the country and generally being replaced by unemployable low lives......Rant Over...

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 08:12:48 pm »

Ok sirry but I did not see the news yesterday so what have I missed

Stav..feeling out of it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/7935049.stm
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Stavros

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 09:32:36 pm »

This is DAMMED disgracefull and I bet half of the protestors wernt British at all  <*<Send the blighters home I say and the others publicly flog thme

Stav

garston1

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 09:55:03 pm »

The police were a lot to blame for this happening. They knew the protesters were there, so why didn't they round them up and shunt them 'nicely' into a side street where they could rant their hatred all day and no one could listen. The only thing the cops are good for is hanging gay pride flags from their buildings. Here's a little known piece of police ''doing their job'' info. Last week a cop car stopped a member of the public driving through the Mersey Tunnel, why? You won't believe this, he was laughing at something someone had said on his hands free phone. The police said he wasn't in complete control of his car !! He got pulled for laughing! I'm not anti police, but why don't they instil a little more confidence in the British public and do their job?   

DARLEK1

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 10:10:59 pm »

They should never have allowed it to happen in the first place, but, that is against our laws is it not? Freedom to protest is allowed etc etc etc?

The question is, if they know that it is possible that a certain protest could possibly start trouble, why let it happen in the first place? All this will do is fire up those people who want a fight between how shall I put this?

OK, trying very hard not to be racist which I am not in any way.

It will fire up the people who have the right to call Great Britain their country and those who are here for a free ride, who should get sent right back to where they came from when they do something like this or anything against the host country. It happens elswhere, why not here?

Paul... >:-o

Rex Hunt

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 10:24:20 pm »

Having done my time under the Light Blue Ensign.....I reckon we could do with a P.M. like Australia's

Quoting-    Prime Minister Kevin Rudd Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Shari law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'
'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Good demonstration of 'The Freedom of Speech'?

Makes you want to 'Up Sticks and head down under' doesn't it?

Rex

chingdevil

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 10:39:30 pm »

I am not sure if Kevin Rudd is for or against the monarchy but he should get a knighthood. We do not have any politicians, any party with the b**** to say any thing close to that. Top man :-)) :-)) :-))
The people who insulted our servicemen are just scum, and not worth any more comment as it only encourages them to think that they are important.

Any serviceman past or present deserves our respect, if they are not prepared to give it, bye bye!! Go some place where offensive behaviour is acceptable.

Brian

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 10:46:16 pm »

Servicemen serve their Country, they go where they are sent and they do their duty. That is their job and citizens must respect that and support them. The Luton demo was shameful. If you don't agree with what they are doing then your protest should be addressed to those who determine what they do - the politicians.

Having said that, Kevin Rudd definitely gets my vote!

Colin

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 10:58:48 pm »

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd is leader of the Labor Party so, by default, he is against the monarchy as such, and favours a republic. That said, he is not a rabid republican, but simply follows the party line on the matter.

The subject of Muslims is a very touchy one here at present and, unfortunately, many peace loving Muslims are being unfairly treated as a result of the actions of a few fanatical radicals.

Kevin Rudd's statement, as quoted by Rex Hunt, expresses perfectly the feelings of the overwhelming majority of Australians. You chose to come here, if you don't like it, go home.

Peter.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 11:05:39 pm »

This government seem to be hell bent on passing laws for just about everything, why not pass a law which says you may not disrespect our armed forces, especially in public. We keep having little bits of our freedom nibbled away in just about every way imaginable, why not take away the freedom to disrespect the armed forces, they represent our country and our flag (which we cannot even fly where and how we want). The behaviour exhibited today is an example of 'too much fredom' and in this area, I believe it should be removed for the sake of the dignity and pride of our soldiers.
Whether you agree or not with the action abroad is neither here or there since the services are at the bidding of the government of the day. Demonstrations such as this should be forbidden and if permitted at all, should be made outside Downing street, not at war weary veterans who have just been to hell and back.
Stupid country and insane times we're living in these days Men!!

Liverbudgie2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 11:07:35 pm »

The way things are going here now I would be on the next plane/ship to OZ or NZ. how I wish we had a Labour politician the callabour of Kevin Rudd. So, can anybody out there give me a job please?

As an aside to Gastons comment, I think only fair to popint out that it was not the "real" plod who pulled that driver over but Mersey Tunnel Plod i.e. the failures, unable to meet the entry standards of the "real" Merseyside Police, thus making them 4th rate plods, behind plastic plods even.

LB

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 11:21:08 pm »

Kevin Rudd is completely right with his comments and it is time we as a country started to
follow this example.

It does not help when the BBC's Question time has that stupid  :-X Shami ????? from 1 of these liberty groups
spouting off every second week appearing to degrade this country and OUR way of life claiming civil liberties are being breached
and these  religious organisations/ councils on the TV telling everyone how we must change to allow there members to feel more at home
in a foreign country

I believe in freedom of speach but don't come to this country and expect it to change it's laws for you,

garston1

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 11:27:43 pm »

The way things are going here now I would be on the next plane/ship to OZ or NZ. how I wish we had a Labour politician the callabour of Kevin Rudd. So, can anybody out there give me a job please?

As an aside to Gastons comment, I think only fair to popint out that it was not the "real" plod who pulled that driver over but Mersey Tunnel Plod i.e. the failures, unable to meet the entry standards of the "real" Merseyside Police, thus making them 4th rate plods, behind plastic plods even.

LB
i stand corrected, cheers

garston1

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 11:29:46 pm »

I see a summer of discontent.

The long Build

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 11:35:10 pm »

I see a summer of discontent.

I see a very interesting General Election, when it happens.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.