Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Pride and shame of the Luton Military Welcome Home Parade  (Read 12806 times)

wbeedie

Re: Pride and shame of the Luton Military Welcome Home Parade
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 01:10:10 am »

to tell you the truth I cant see anything changing as the court of human rights in Brussels wouldnt allow itfor a start things will keep going down the roads that they are till we are saying prayers at 5 in the morning facing east

garston1

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 10:51:18 am »

to tell you the truth I cant see anything changing as the court of human rights in Brussels wouldnt allow itfor a start things will keep going down the roads that they are till we are saying prayers at 5 in the morning facing east
I'm not getting up at 5 in the morning for anyone!

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 11:36:01 am »

Like many on here, I've served my Country & am very proud of the fact that I am ENGLISH.
It's true, we open our doors to all & sundry looking for a better life & then put up with hand wringing liberals telling us how we should change to accommodate them.
But lets be honest, it's not just our immigration problem that's the issue, there is a basic lack of respect & honour in this once fine land of ours that is home grown.
Just look around at the Dole drawing, work shy chav's & scumbags in every town & city to see what I mean. Then, have a look at where (by that I mean who) have spawned them & you get an idea of just how deep the problem goes.
But there is hope! I look at those people who are currently serving & see that there is still decent people who we can be proud of out there & as long as we continue to support them then the scum will always be that & not become the norm'.
As for the issue in Luton, what do you really expect? this must be one of the most heavily Asian / Muslim populated areas in the country & I dont care what anybody says, Racism works BOTH ways.

Philipsparker

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 12:00:09 pm »

Just because the protesters aren't white, doesn't mean they weren't born here. Therefore as most of you seem to want to "send them back", that's going to be a suburb of Luton.

I agree that the protest should be directed against politicians though. They have every right to make it (that's one of the things that makes our country great) but you should at the people who decided on the action, not at the poor guys who have to actually go and get thier hands dirty. Perhaps though they prefer shouting at the troops, who are disciplined enough to ignore them, and not at MP's where they will come to the attention of the various Police protection squads.

Of course the Police were taking lots of photos and video. It might be that some of those with placards are even now being checked out by a freindly MI5 operative who might just turn something over in thier past...

Phil

Barry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 12:09:22 pm »

I thought it was Peter Costello, not Kevin Rudd who made the statement quoted by Rex Hunt.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 12:53:55 pm »

Can't get the tar brush out Turbulent, cos we both know of "Indiscretions" by members of the forces, the Scottish version of the Sun (uGGGGGh) seems to cover whats wrong with todays submariners. Not ALL benefit receptors are lazy dossers etc. Unfortunately "The system" is never in a state of balance, the pendulum is either hard to the right or hard to the left and sadly the extremes are classed as the norm. Racism DOES exist on both sides, the difference being, if WE protest against the Muslim extremists WE are being racist and could be subject to prosecution by the RRB, reverse the situation and we live in a multicultural society so we have to accept the other day's events as the price we pay to live in a society that goes to great lengths to defend the "Free" speech of all other groups irrespective of colour or creed, over its "Indigenous" population.  Send them back?? If you were in a blindfold situation you would be hard pressed to tell from the voices that they weren't "English" Skin colour has and should have NOTHING to do with the argument, BUT if you're going to discriminate for one extreme posture, the same should apply to ALL extremes.

Quite a few years ago, the police banned and stopped a march through Bradford by a white extremist "Political" group. The riots that followed started by the challenge of "others" who found one or two of the Extremists having a pint in a pub. Strange how this one never seems to surface, WHO actually started the "Riot".

The "Protest" in Luton should not have been allowed as the expression on one of the young lads faces summed up his day of thanks from his homeland on his return. He looked rather sad and shook his head on the marchpast.

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 01:30:27 pm »

Just for the record, I have no issue with anybody coming to live & work in my Country, I do however,believe they should have to pre qualify (possibly a term in the Army?)
My issue is with all the free loaders no matter what their creed  - scum is still scum whatever it's colour.

The Irony is that without our armed forces past & present you wouldnt have the freedom of speech we enjoy - I've had the pleasure of being called a war Criminal & a murderer by those who know nothing of the world - not fanatical muslims but Students, so yes I do know how that lad feels & it makes my blood boil.

Please enlighten me, what's wrong with today's Submariners?

Roger in France

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 02:27:38 pm »

PLEASE TAKE CARE.

This topic is rather overheated and prone to the use of highly denigrating expressions and sweeping generalisations, few of which do much to extend our knowledge or understanding of the issues raised.

Please try to ensure all contributions are expressed with decorum no matter how strongly the sentiments are declared. It is possible to set out your strongly held views without resorting to name calling and insults. It is good to have clear, strongly held opinions but only when they are expressed cogently.

The Moderators do not want to have to lock the topic or heavily moderate it.....but we will if it becomes necessary.

Roger in France

garston1

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 02:48:28 pm »

Roger, reading the threads, it seems contributers have controlled themselves with utmost decorum and have stopped short of name calling, i think because of worries of having the blog locked and upsetting the minorities (as usual). I think the freedom of speech should come into this allowing bloggers to express their feelings, whatever colour or nationality, otherwise it will go down the same road as the things we've been talking about, other people can say what they want, but we can't. I'm sure mayhemers know when not to over step the mark and shouldn't need to be told beforehand. I don't think the Taliban etc will be too upset when they read these blogs. 

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 02:51:34 pm »

Agreed - after all it's not like we're burning flags or anything!

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 03:16:52 pm »

Perhaps before sweeping statements and generalisations by some Moderators, an explanitory P.M. could be sent to the members they are becoming unhappy with??  :-))   O0

BEST Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Rex Hunt

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 05:51:10 pm »

So far I have seen nothing 'Racist' on here........

What has been said is equally applicable to all who wish to enjoy the freedoms of living in Britain,
And of being treated as being British, without any thought to the feelings and rights of the ethnic BRITISH people.
I don't care much whether someone comes from Africa, greater Europe, The 'Eastern Bloc' America, the Colonies or Dominions.............All I ask is the right to live in a society that is not biased in it's 'views, and application of so called 'rights', against the original / traditional members of that society,
regardless of race, colour or creed.

I am ENGLISH but mustn't say so........it is OK to be Scottish ,Welsh or Irish, but not English.
I cannot fly MY countries flag...The cross of St. George because it may offend the non English, but it is ok to wave it at football matches because that is non jingoistic!

I cannot even get a late night pint on the night celebrating St Georges Day BUT I can have a late night party on St Patrick's Day!

Just asking for a little consideration band redress of the balance.

As usual 'Our Troops' are doing the will of the 'so called' Democratically elected suits who sit in the comfort and safety of Westminster (never getting cold/hot/wet/hungry/dirty/shot at/ abused etc....
And when they come home from a spell away from their families and loved ones....what do they have to suffer?

Abuse.

I suppose the only other answer is to do just as it seems...most of our alleged allies are doing....and keep out of it!

Oh and yes I was proud to serve my Queen and Country in the Non-declared war zone of Northern Ireland, and in the South Atlantic protecting the freedom and rights of minorities!

Rex

swordfish fairey

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 05:58:39 pm »

Well said Rex ,I agree completely...........Smudge

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 06:45:29 pm »

If I went to another country would I be allowed to demand changes in the laws and custom of that land ?
No
So why when others come here for a "better life" do they want is to change to their customs and traditions
of the land they have just left because it was not good enough {:-{

When you look at these scum bag clerics demanding that the whole of Islam rise up against the west I feel
sorry for people I know well who are Muslim and then are tarnished with this brush. 1 of these has VERY
traditional views and fits the old stereotype parents wear "the pyjamas", females say nothing and travel in the
back of the vehicle males at the front and they own a corner shop.....His ambition to fly in the RAF
and serve the country his parent's taught him is his to protect and to serve....Britain (he is 2/3rds of the way there O0)

The fact is we all complain and moan about the state of affairs of the country, the amount of servicemen
being killed over seas and we are entitled to our bit of moans and groans and to protest PEACEFULY but
The people who we should be hounding out are those who were at the the Luton incident the extremists
who show no respect to this country and do nothing but abuse it and demand that we change our laws
so that it fits them and what they want regardless of the what the MAJORITY want.

one thing  we do not do is turn on those who are willing to serve this country.

Bee

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 09:13:22 pm »

It does seem rather strange that, given that Luton is known to have a very large ethnic minority some of whom will have friends and relatives abused by USA/UK troops abroad, why was that selected as a suitable place to parade returning troops.
It's a bit like certain religious parades in Northern Ireland insisting on going down the 'other side's' street or the National Front wanting to rally close to immigrant areas.
That leads me to the conclusion that perhaps it was the government or other underhand influences in the UK wanting to 'stir it' a bit to deflect attention in the press from the ecenomic woes.

Rex Hunt

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 09:47:46 pm »

Hmmmmm   must be mistaken but I thought Luton was in Bedfordshire , ENGLAND, in that bit known as East Anglia, and weren't the troops from the Anglian Regiment so having affinity to that area?

Or have I missed something?

'Nuff said'

I dare not add any more to this topic or it might be seen as not P.C.!

Rex

andygh

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 09:48:09 pm »

interesting General Election

I never thought I'd see those 3 words in the same sentence.  :D

On a more serious note, this was 20 Muslim protesters doing nothing illegal while they were being abused by BNP thugs, some of whom were arrested and also by the general public. Whether you think they are wrong or right to voice their fundamentalist views is your personal opinion, I'm pretty sure how most of the UK public feel about it and I agree with them, BUT what concerns me more is how it's all being blown out of all proportion once again by the media, what are they trying to stir up.
I served in the forces like many others and I'm absolutely certain that if I'd been abused like that by such a mob I really wouldn't have given a flying #*$# about it.

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009, 10:06:08 pm »

So far I have seen nothing 'Racist' on here........

What has been said is equally applicable to all who wish to enjoy the freedoms of living in Britain,
And of being treated as being British, without any thought to the feelings and rights of the ethnic BRITISH people.
I don't care much whether someone comes from Africa, greater Europe, The 'Eastern Bloc' America, the Colonies or Dominions.............All I ask is the right to live in a society that is not biased in it's 'views, and application of so called 'rights', against the original / traditional members of that society,
regardless of race, colour or creed.

I am ENGLISH but mustn't say so........it is OK to be Scottish ,Welsh or Irish, but not English.
I cannot fly MY countries flag...The cross of St. George because it may offend the non English, but it is ok to wave it at football matches because that is non jingoistic!

I cannot even get a late night pint on the night celebrating St Georges Day BUT I can have a late night party on St Patrick's Day!

Just asking for a little consideration band redress of the balance.

As usual 'Our Troops' are doing the will of the 'so called' Democratically elected suits who sit in the comfort and safety of Westminster (never getting cold/hot/wet/hungry/dirty/shot at/ abused etc....
And when they come home from a spell away from their families and loved ones....what do they have to suffer?

Abuse.

I suppose the only other answer is to do just as it seems...most of our alleged allies are doing....and keep out of it!

Oh and yes I was proud to serve my Queen and Country in the Non-declared war zone of Northern Ireland, and in the South Atlantic protecting the freedom and rights of minorities!

Rex

Thank you Rex,

Since this news broke I've been trying to compose a suitable comment but kept getting rather hot under the collar !!

You have managed to put my feelings clearly and concisely

Regards
longshanks

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 10:11:54 pm »

Nice one Rex - you've hit it spot on mate.

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 10:20:32 pm »

Hi Guys going to try and be careful here but as ex army that is going to be very hard.

The demonstration was approved by the police before hand and the police were there to protect the demonstrators.

Does this mean the police aided and abetted a criminal offence I don't know. What I do know is that as a non Muslim I would not be allowed to stand outside a mosque and shout anti Muslim slogans. Plod would not protect me he would arrest me. THAT and THAT alone is cause for complaint. FREE SPEECH works both ways.

As to the demonstrators themselves they must be as thick as a short planks. The vast majority of killings in Iraq are Muslim on Muslim, sect versus sect.  Sunni versus Shia. These cowards are the real butchers and baby killers.

As to the English born Muslims who feel this way, help them out with a one way ticket to a country which holds to their views.

To Roger, when you say moderators do you Roger In France?  I ask because Martin as read at least some of this thread and as seen fit to allow it to carry on.

Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

DARLEK1

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009, 10:43:40 pm »

Martin even re named it, there has been no shall we say "slagging off" creed or colour here.

The issues have been stated and for one I am sick of bending over backwards to accomodate these types of people, THIS IS GREAT BRITAIN, "OUR" laws, get used to it, we would have to where ever we go in your home country.

One of my mates is from Bangladesh, he is a Muslim, he is not happy about what happened at all.

So like many have said, kick em out if they don't like it here even if they were born here. Alliegence to the flag and all that.

Paul... >:-o >>:-( <*<

Albion

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009, 06:54:53 am »

I was born in Luton and spent over 30 years living there. I am not a racist and believe most living there are not. More recently I actually find it strange when i go there that there are white people in the town who arent talking english (east europeans), its quite normal to hear asian languages spoken there. When it was orginally built the mosque there was the largest in europe, so yes Luton has a very high Muslim population.

What really P*&^%d me off a number of years ago in the lead up to St Georges day it was announced they would not be flying the Flag of st Geaorge from the twon hall on that day, as had been normal practice. The town council had a large percentage of muslim members, which was fair enough, and they pointed out they felt the Flag was anti muslim and celebrating a religious day. If the flag was to be flown then . they wanted muslim religious emblems and flags to be flown on the appropriate days. This of course would have menat about 10 or more days of flying their emblemns compared to one day for St George and so it was decided not to fly the flag after all.

I'm not a religious person but this is just a joke.     

barryfoote

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2009, 07:52:53 am »

I am once again, deeply saddened by reading this thread. Yes I do agree with most of what has been said and I applaud Rex for putting across the views of many so well. The answer lies in the ballot box and the curbing of the damned media, which stirs up trouble whenever it can. The media is even responsible in a large part for the poor economic position. Do we really need to know every time a company goes to the wall or the financial figures are not good. All this does in dent confidence. If they would shut up, confidence will slowly drift back into the market and aid recovery....

swordfish fairey

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2009, 10:12:46 am »

Good Grief footski, you can't say things like that, that's far too sensible.......... :police:.........Smudge

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2009, 01:50:19 pm »

One thing I could never understand was why some
immigrants were ever let in this country at all, in my
opinion any one who wishes to move to and live in
this country should be able to speak the language that
is used in that country, I have met migrants who have
lived here for fourty years, and still cannot understand
or speak english.
I have nothing against any nationality but whatever you
are if you intend to move to another country you should
not be accepted into that country until you can use the
language that is spoken, and the same should apply to any
one from here going to live anywhere else..............

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 22 queries.