Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Retirment of old Ebay-Improvement I think not !  (Read 2449 times)

lifeboatpaul

Retirment of old Ebay-Improvement I think not !
« on: March 12, 2009, 12:55:49 pm »

Earlier this week Ebay changed the layout of the "My bay " page  to the new one ,what a load of Cr*p it is , I hate it,  the old one was far more easier to use and view, I emailed them as they have now removed the link to convert back to the old design , but they said it cannot be changed back so were stuck with it- great! >:-o

Also while I'm moaning about Ebay , people now leave you positive feed back and mark you down on the star rating when your selling and if you experience a problem with a buyer you can`t leave negative feedback !!!!!

What do you think, have they improved things?

Paul.

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
Re: Retirment of old Ebay-Improvement I think not !
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 01:16:14 pm »

Personally, I don't have a problem with the "new" layout.

It doesn't seem as "different" as the various beta-test versions they have been inflicting on us for the past few months. At least it hasn't screwed up and reorganised my searches for me like the test versions did - not yet, anyway!

Rick

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 02:44:58 pm »

I find the new Beta version a bit slower than the old version....... But hay-ho what can you do, I will still be selling on there O0 O0 :-)) :-))

Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

nhp651

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 03:50:06 pm »

I haven't noticed a change........must have a closer look..........blonde or what??? {:-{ {:-{ {:-{ :-X

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 04:31:10 pm »

I think that sellers have had it thier own way for far too long and too regularly wait for feedback before giving it.  As far as I am concerned the feedback should be given on the buyer as soon as payment is recieved but too many sellers think they could manupulate thier scores by using the old process.

The fact that sellers cannot leave negative feedback on buyers is the best thing that eBay ever did and is obviously in response to the continued complaints about manipulative sellers.  Sellers who are fair and objective about the buyers shouldn't have a problem with the new system and if they have an issue then they now have to go through the reporting process, which was previously the only option open to buyers.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 04:44:09 pm »

I hate the new layout too.
Too many graphics, too many adverts, too slow to load, too spread out down the page.

Martin - Luddite!  >:-o
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

The long Build

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 05:50:22 pm »

New layout is Naf <*<

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 05:52:12 pm »

I like the auto refresh on items (near the end?) so don't need to keep pressing F5 or what ever.

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 09:39:46 pm »

Thought it was just happening to me, same as above. Why change things just for the sake of it.  >>:-(
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 10:34:56 pm »

Its called "Progress"

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Stavros

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 11:11:58 pm »

POOH POOH OR WHAT <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

Stav

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 12:25:19 am »

Seems like anytime my ebay pages got wonky I would push
a button up top right that said opt out, or use ebay classic or something...

Damien

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 12:13:06 pm »

I think that sellers have had it thier own way for far too long and too regularly wait for feedback before giving it.  As far as I am concerned the feedback should be given on the buyer as soon as payment is recieved but too many sellers think they could manupulate thier scores by using the old process.

The fact that sellers cannot leave negative feedback on buyers is the best thing that eBay ever did and is obviously in response to the continued complaints about manipulative sellers.  Sellers who are fair and objective about the buyers shouldn't have a problem with the new system and if they have an issue then they now have to go through the reporting process, which was previously the only option open to buyers.

BB with comments like that you're obviously not a seller, I wait for feedback as proof of delivery, I then post feedback immediately it comes in.
Mind you around 300 buyers and sellers since 2001 haven't bothered to leave me f/back. My f/back score is 1007 100%  and seller ratings 3 x 4.9/5 and a 4.8/5 for postage time which i have no control over as every item is posted next working day after payment, out of 650 sales only 174 buyers bothered to click on the seller rating stars.
As for the seller being restricted to leaving a buyer positive or no feedback that stinks, Ive been ripped off several times by international buyers and had paypal refund the buyer and this new f/back system leaves me no means of warning other sellers. I use the dispute process as needed for non paying buyers and should have the right to post negative f/back to the non payer.
The new ebay is ok once you get used to it, we are using a companies service they own it they can change it as they wish. We will always have the right to use it or dump it if we don't like it.
As Mark said I'll continue to sell on ebay even though the credit crunch has cut my sales dramatically.   

Damien.(climbs off soap box)

lifeboatpaul

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 09:52:00 pm »

Whilst i`m moaning about Ebay, if a buyer does not pay for an item you can file a" unpaid item dispute" - ebay send them a email and thats it!-you get your final valuation fees back - but the good old buyeris not punished in anyway.!
On the subject of not being able to leave  bad buyers negative fedback -you can always leave positive feedback -but write negative fedback outlining the problem for others to see,this is the only route left open to us sellers.
Also is my PC or do the pages not take ages to load ?
Paul.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.