Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have returned  (Read 2419 times)

grandad

I have returned
« on: March 12, 2009, 08:29:32 pm »

since last june I have been in and out of the hospital and unable to chat
but here I am ready to have a round with my buds!
 :-X
It began last june when I blew a hole in my colon and spent a few monthw in the hospital not knowing if I was gonna live or die
then a mild heart cornary placed me back n ICU
then in feb of this year I went into surgery to have my Gll bladder removed and suffured a massive cornary man I have had the works

but Last week I was discharged from the hospital and now feel better that I have in years

So whats new here :}

tell you something ~ when I was a teenager (many years ago) I built a 1-96 scale model 0f the USS Constitution
but my mom threw it out in the 60s when I was in service drew a lot of dust that couldn't be cleaned

now I am looking for another kit of the same to build again
this time when I finish with it I am going to enclase it in glass and put it on display in my home office
however I cannot find one at a reasonable price $100.00  >>:-( is more than I can handle right now with the coast of my meds and the hospital and Dr. bills
Can anyone find me a kit at a lower price?? <:(
Grandad

nhp651

Re: I have returned
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 08:36:05 pm »

Welcome back, but tell me, with all that suffering that you've gone through these past few months,WHY ON EARTH do you want to suffer more by coming back to all us argumentative nutters.lol {-) {-) {-) {-)
Hope you find a cheep way back into modelling, and have you considered the cheeper alternative of building from easy plan for a boat that you fancy.
There'll be plenty wanting to give you a hand if you post a build thread. O0
Take care, take it easy and don't stress out if you have a problem. :-))
Neil.

das boot

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:54:17 pm »

Ye Gods, gramps...someone upstairs obviously took a dislike to you! Who have you upset?
It's nice to see you back again, but building boats again...that's enough to give you another coranary.  :((

Take it easy gramps...

Rich

amdaylight

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:56:46 pm »

Welcome back from the Hospital, and if you don't mind plastic Revell still makes the USS Constitution in plastic at 1/96th. When I just Googled it I fond them from $69.99 to over $100.00. I have seen this mode done well, in fact so well that you could not tell that if was plastic.

Andre
over yonder in Portland Oregon

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 07:47:04 am »

Welcome back Grandad glad to hear you have overcome everything the big committee in the sky have thrown at you - just be very careful crossing the road as they are crafty sods ! Best of luck in your search for the right model
Mike

barryfoote

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 08:04:11 am »

Welcome back to the "Nuthouse" Grandad.

Delighted that all went well for you in the hospital. You keep building. It can be therapeutic as well as darned frustrating!!!Still when things go bad you can always turn to your friends here on Mayhem :-)) :-))

Dave Buckingham

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 08:05:05 am »

Hi Grandad Welcome
I have also been through the mill takes a long time to get going again and lack stamina.

When you can suggest you "Work" two hours in morning and two in the afternoon I use this
system keeps interest and does not tire you out.

DO NOT try to work alll hours

Good luck
Dave

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 08:05:42 am »

Is this the one we are talking about?:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-96-USS-CONSTITUTION-FRIGATE-REVELL-5602_W0QQitemZ270186953140QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item270186953140&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

There are plenty of these on eBay Grandad, if you keep an eye open I'm sure you will pick one up at a good price but this one has a "Buy it Now" price of $100.00 Canadian.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

grandad

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 08:40:04 am »

Thank Ye all
but it was the higherup that kept me alive
for all who believe in a god it was he who pulled me through

I died at one point  (thats what the doctors told me)
and when I went to meet my maker I was turned around at the entrance to heaven and was told that my mission on earth wasn't complete!

God help me
Its the truth!!!!!

then this last time I was in ICU I was watching a program on GOD TV slightly interested in the program at first
Then a preacher appeared, he was dressed not like an average preacher  he had  a Mohauk hair cut and his arms were covered with tattos,he was wearing a black t shirt  that had a slogan printed on it that stated "I am Me" his sermon was very effective in fact so affective that almost unable to move I crawled out of bed, knelt there and held out my hands to Lord
and u know what I felt the lord take my hands in his and heard a voice speaking which asked me if I wanted o make God my best friend
I was crying so hard but I answered in the affermative,
I took God into my heart and I think thats what helped heal me!
Now I an rejoining my church under a young pastor ( I am Baptist) and with the help of the church will be starting an off shoot of the royal ambassorders (RA'S) and we are gonna call it modeling for Crist boats planes, cars whatever the child wants to build and the church will buy the models for the youth!
not only will we build models but will attend NASCAR races, Camp out go to the lake, boating and cook outs etc.

sorry I am so long winded but I need to tell the world about my experience

Grandad
Larry

nhp651

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 09:13:41 am »

well.! that's a revelation, Larry.
God bless you.
Neil. :-))

barryfoote

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 12:46:43 pm »

I am not a religious man, but your words have moved me!! Well done to you Sir and long may your mission continue.

das boot

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 09:15:43 pm »

I'll second Barry's comments...when I had my heart attack last year I died twice(once in the ambulance on the way to hospital and once in ICU) I can't say as I saw angels and bright lights, in fact I can remember clearly feeling intensely cold and being in total darkness, but like you Gramps, someone turned me round and pointed me back to life.

And here I still am...

Rich

grandad

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 11:58:53 pm »

U-33 I live in the states

South Carolina to be exact and only 14 miles from Lake Murray
a good place to sail my ships
I like tall ships such as racing sloops and the USS constitution
I also have a 2 acre pond just out my back door that the owners have cleared of brush just about 100 steps from the door

the owner is s good friend of ours and younger, he has two beautiful kids and they play with my grands (same ages)  my grands and their mom and dad (my son) of them live here with me and Jason has offered me the use of his pond to try out my ships when I build them

Larry
grandad

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 12:30:31 am »

Welcome back Grandad

Glad to hear you are well down the road to full recovery. :-))
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.