Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new rules for F1  (Read 1477 times)

nhp651

new rules for F1
« on: March 18, 2009, 09:09:59 am »

Am I right, when I hear that next season ( presumeably 2010) it will be the driver with the most WINS (irrespective of points scored) gets the crown.
So in such a scenario none of the other teams either need compete or even take part, because if you only get a point for winning then whats the point in becoming runner up, or even 3rd, 4th 5th, and so on...........
Another half baked idea from half baked idiots sat in their ivory tower gin cess pots!!!
Am I missing a basic point here.
Keep on whippin' boyzzzz!!! {:-{ %) %% %% %% %%

Tom@Crewe

• Full Mayhemer
Re: new rules for F1
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 09:31:21 am »

I too dont understand why the change. But the rest of the drivers still work to old points system,

'Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has approved a change to the points systems for this year’s drivers’ championship, which will see the title awarded to the driver with the most race wins. The rest of the standings, from second to last place, will be decided by the current points system.

If two or more drivers finish the season with the same number of wins, the title will be awarded to the driver with the most points, the allocation of points being based on the existing 10, 8, 6 etc. structure. The constructors’ championship is unaffected.'

Thes means Massa would have won championship last year?????

The old system works fror years why mess..........................

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 09:39:24 am »

It's the 'Let's encourage more overtaking' business that's driven this as far as I can see.

Mind you, I would have thought that the previous 10 points for the winner did that already. What it will result in is that divers who show short bursts of brilliance without any consistancy in their driving will shine under this system.

Did anyone say 'Massa'?
Regards
Kit

Proteus

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 10:04:49 am »

This gives a bit more information also in the news is that Todt leaves Ferrari , probably so he can go for Mr Whippys job (Max Mosley )

Wins to decide world champion in 2009

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73744

Proteus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.