Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: us coast guard tybee.  (Read 2577 times)

granwood

us coast guard tybee.
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:19:51 pm »

some photos of rtg coast guard,i have stripped everything out of her and put in new servo receiver speed controller,and 7.2 batterry,done away  with plastic props,put new brass rudder,ancut opening for access,and a bit of painting,sails not to bad.shes 28in long and 8in width.may have to mess about with ballast till get it right.

granwood

Re: us coast guard tybee.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 04:51:45 pm »

some photos of rtg coast guard,i have stripped everything out of her and put in new servo receiver speed controller,and 7.2 batterry,done away  with plastic props,put new brass rudder,ancut opening for access,and a bit of painting,sails not to bad.shes 28in long and 8in width.may have to mess about with ballast till get it right.
     another few photos in water this time.

Mark47

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 07:50:21 pm »

I've always like these boats, I like the silhouette on the water. I know they are available in the US RTR boats but I wonder where I could get plans from? Preferably UK sourced.

Mark

granwood

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 09:04:25 pm »

dont know Mark,this boat came from usa.and looks good,and sails better now,with changes.hugh.

Edward Pinniger

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plastic Ship Kit Previews
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 02:22:58 pm »

Interesting to see another of these on the forum! They don't seem to turn up that often; I think the RTR boat was available at retail a few years ago, but there's no sign of it now. I bought mine on eBay last December, didn't pay much for it but it was only the second I'd seen for sale there in over a year.

Have you had any problems with the motor "pods" leaking? With my model, I did more or less the opposite that you did, I kept the built-in radio but replaced the motor pods with "inboard" motors driving conventional prop shafts.

I know they are available in the US RTR boats but I wonder where I could get plans from? Preferably UK sourced.

I'd also be interested in plans for the Island-class cutter; photos from http://www.uscg.mil have helped a lot with my build, but there are a lot of areas I'm unsure about (especially the bridge, boat deck and aft main deck). But I don't know of any suppliers in this country.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.