The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Any Other Builds

Want to get started.

(1/2) > >>

FastFingers:
Hi all,
Im one of those dreaded newbies, but please give me a chance.

Im looking for something to get me started.

All i want is something cheap(ish) and cheerful for fun down the park.

What could you recommend to get me started?    Id like something cheap(ish) to start. Maybe that can be upgraded. Is single or twin engine better?  Due to my job some times ill be using it as light fades so would like one i could modiify to have ligths.

What would your suggestions be?
Are the ones on fleabay anygood to start?

EDIT - Ah yes, just thought.
Looks arent that important, but i would like it to be quick.

Thanks in advance for your help, Mark

cbr900:
The RTR type boats on ebay are as the name says Ready to Run, so you do not get many options of what goes on and they do not use proportional radio, basically they a switching controls IE: it is on or it is  off, If you want to build to your specs I would suggest a kit of some kind there are a multitude available, and you can change different things to suit yourself, a lot of different motor, prop combinations to choose from, with a speed controller you have throttle with proportional movement, so go to your local model shop or check out the sites available find one you like and go for it...

Roy

FastFingers:
Thanks for your reply.
I would much prefer one with proportional control and that could be changed over time.

As to going to a model shop, there isnt any near me.
The closest is about 20 miles and its crap, after that its about 50 miles as far as i know.

Do you have any links to good sites?

Also, as im very new to this, any suggestions on what to get. I mean as in a complete list of parts. I know its a lot to ask, but i really dont know where to start. Thankfully im a quick learner  ;D

At least if its a kit i can do it over a couple of months meaning i can spend more too  ;)

(Are there any magazines in the UK that specielise in fast electric?)

Once again, thanks for your help!

Andy:
Have you looked here http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/

RMH:
Depends what you mean by quick but Model Slipways Club 500 is easy to build, cheap and great fun to race.

Rich

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version