Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brent  (Read 1696 times)

Barty230

• Shipmate
Brent
« on: May 06, 2009, 10:23:28 pm »

TID 159   now known as Brent,  moored in Maldon. On the Register of Historic Vessels. She was the last to be built in 1945 by William Pickersgill, Sunderland. Was sold to the Port of London Authority. Laid up in 1969 and sold to a shipbreaker in 1970. One of her claims to fame is that she is the only steam powered vessel to have attended the Queen’s Coronation  (in 1953) and the Silver Jubilee celebrations (1977) on the Thames. Didn’t know whether to title this authentic weathering but like many of us ………..she's beginning to show her age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Brent
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 05:49:41 pm »

Apart from some other details, this shows an excellent example of how oil lamps were fitted. The same principle was used on all ships, no matter what size. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

farrow

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:21:41 am »

I don't know where the oil lamps are! but she looks more like neglect than work weathering. As mentioned before I saw her and her sisters when laid up on a buoy when PLA finished with her and I knew her owner when she was bought and she was not in this state then. Just very sad to see old vessels left to rot back into the earth.

Captain Jack

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 05:00:52 am »

Just imagine what could be done if one had the funds, and the inclination to build a brand new one exactly like her using the same plans and such....

Just dreaming, I guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.